Post-Game Talk: Oilers 2 Jets 1

McDeathbyCheerios*

Nice to see yak and mcd go to each other after the last whistle on the bench and high five/talk/laugh.

Looking for reasons why he was moved off the line and all I can think of is he looked nonchalant a few times that I noticed - McClellan may be trying to make him eliminate that so his game is 100% effort all the time
I still think it's because of Winnipegs style he wanted someone to win board battles with them so Yak got moved down a bit.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
The problem is you don't answer Byfuglien running around by running back at him.

You just need to be physical against all of their skill players.

psowrc

Feb 21, 2015
..and those two had a nice cycle for Maroon's goal. Hall battled hard all night and was one of the few that had no chicken **** mentality to go against the boards with Byfuglien on his ass.

Hall needs to be stronger in his own end...losing puck battles is a joke to Schieffle...the guy spends more time on his ass than Gagner.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Hall needs to be stronger in his own end...losing puck battles is a joke to Schieffle...the guy spends more time on his ass than Gagner.

Hall one of the best forwards tonight somehow is the one getting crapped upon while guys like Ebs did **** all this game. :rolleyes:

OneMoreAstronaut

Reduce chainsaw size
May 3, 2003
No team in the league has an answer to Buff... Maybe Chara?

Couldn't watch, what happened to Davidson?

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Also the Jets may of had 40 shots but I though most of those were from the outside. I though we had far more dangerous chances. Not taking anything away from Talbot, he was good, but I never really felt threatened till the last minute and a few odd chances.

Fairy McGodfather

Liquored & Cynical
Feb 5, 2016
Rural Saskatchewan
Was not very impressed with how invisible a lot of guys were tonight. Why does this team let Buff do whatever he wants? Fruatrating seeing grown men behave like that, let themselves and their team mates be shoved around. Sorry to be a negative nancy, but I saw a bunch of children scared of a school yard bully. Not going to rip on individual players, and just going to finish by saying that I'm glad they won. Wishing the best for Davidson.

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.

Hall wins the majority of board battles, I suppose its easy to concentrate on the few he loses. Why would it be a joke to lose a board battle to Schieffle?

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Just when we thought we had a legit Dman pairing with Davidson - boom - it was all too good to be true.

ijk

Oct 3, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Solid game.

-Talbot was extremely good.

-Clendening was god-awful.
-Nurse seems lost almost all the time defensively. Good on a couple of rushes though.
-Sekera was ok, if not unspectacular in the offensive zone.
-Pardy was ok, as was Fayne.

-Yak was a positive player with energy.
-Eberle was lost.
-MCD generated quite a lot with speed but the line was stuck in the d-zone quite a lot. Also, I'm not sure the chemistry is all that good with this line. Seems like he has ideas where to pass, but the linemates just aren't there / moving to his preferred destination.
-Korpse was ok, finished at least a couple of hits.
-Cracknell (man of the match if I were to award this related to my expectations.)
-Hall, ok.
-Drai, slow.
.Maroon, slower but ok.
-Hendricks, Lander, and other forwards who I can't remember were unnoticeable which is good.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Also the Jets may of had 40 shots but I though most of those were from the outside. I though we had far more dangerous chances. Not taking anything away from Talbot, he was good, but I never really felt threatened till the last minute and a few odd chances.
I agree. Talbot made a few great saves, but Pavelec probably made more on the night.

It was a really solid defensive effort out there. Honestly there's not much to complain about. Once again the only player who really stood out in a negative way is Clendenning. Who almost makes me miss Schultz. He's just another Brad Hunt.

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
Was not very impressed with how invisible a lot of guys were tonight. Why does this team let Buff do whatever he wants? Fruatrating seeing grown men behave like that, let themselves and their team mates be shoved around. Sorry to be a negative nancy, but I saw a bunch of children scared of a school yard bully. Not going to rip on individual players, and just going to finish by saying that I'm glad they won. Wishing the best for Davidson.

Well if anyone can find a player that can push Buff around, please tell us who that player would be. Im sure every team in the league would be interested.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
What is the real deal with Draisatl? He looks like he's got a boat anchor tied to his ass since McDavid came back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad