Post-Game Talk: Oilers 2 Jets 1

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Buff is a high event player at both ends of the ice. Didn't realize he was like a big tough Schultz in his own zone.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Can we stop the Yak defending in here Maroon has more points in 3 games then yak has in 2 months.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Cam Talbot has a .967 SV% and a 1.17 GAA in his last six games

Talbot has stopped 201/208 shots in that 6 game span.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Okay game.

Really pisses me off that they had no physical answer all night to buff. He was running around all night.

Wins without mcdavid getting points is meh.

i agree it's annoying but... What are you supposed to do to him, he's the toughest biggest guy in the league. What we needed to do more of was take runs at their skill guys. I mean we'd have to find a skill guy on the Jets first. Then we take runs at them.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Personally I would be happy if this was the Byfuglien we could normally get.

Let him 'throw his weight around' if he wants, dude was a liability tonight.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Talk about panic in the final minute. 2 chsnces to clear. Team worked hard though which is all you can ask for. With only 5 d men they hung there. Really sucks about Davidson :(

Really no idea why McLellan went with Cracknell and Hendricks there.

psowrc

Feb 21, 2015
Hall/Drai weak on the puck in our end along the boards in the second...trying to pick it away from Schieffle without using the body and losing repeatedly. That is painful to watch...

Talbot unbelievable...

Love seeing Buff be the goat on both goals...

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Solid road win but you wish the Oilers would have had an answer for Byfuglien. The Jets are the kind of team the Oilers need to be. We need to learn to wear down the opposition and really make them push for the 2 points if we are going to give them up. Really physical game tonight - we had to fight for every inch of the ice but we had a solid 3rd period and nice to see us actually managing to hold on to the lead.

Curious as to why Yakupov got replaced with Korpikoski. Maybe T Mac was trying to get a big body on each line to bolster up against the Jets in the third.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Hall/Drai weak on the puck in our end along the boards in the second...trying to pick it away from Schieffle without using the body and losing repeatedly. That is painful to watch...

Talbot unbelievable...

Love seeing Buff be the goat on both goals...

..and those two had a nice cycle for Maroon's goal. Hall battled hard all night and was one of the few that had no chicken **** mentality to go against the boards with Byfuglien on his ass.

oStealthKiller*

Master Monkey Herder
Jul 2, 2012
Edmonton
Nice to see yak and mcd go to each other after the last whistle on the bench and high five/talk/laugh.

Looking for reasons why he was moved off the line and all I can think of is he looked nonchalant a few times that I noticed - McClellan may be trying to make him eliminate that so his game is 100% effort all the time

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Get ready for Mclellan to throw Nikitin and Clendening in the line up at the same time.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
We won but there was nothing in that game to be happy about.

Winnipeg dictated the pace outside of the first 5 minutes which is pathetic as Winnipeg played last night too.

Oilers played a great road game, got the win, go 3-1 on the road trip and here you are :cry:.

:laugh:

I think I saw a piece of the sky falling earlier. Better go find some cover.

Tonights win was made even more impressive by the fact that the team was out one of it's two best d-men for the majority of the game.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Nice to see yak and mcd go to each other after the last whistle on the bench and high five/talk/laugh.

Looking for reasons why he was moved off the line and all I can think of is he looked nonchalant a few times that I noticed - McClellan may be trying to make him eliminate that so his game is 100% effort all the time

I noticed that as well. You actually see them look for eachother after goals too. I think they get along, which is nice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad