Post-Game Talk: Oilers 2 Flames 1 in a shootout

MPStoEberletoHall*

Very refreshing waking up knowing we beat our rivals last night, even though it was a meh game. Definitely wasn't expecting a win

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Not sure if it makes a difference or not but he did switch conferences and it probably takes time to learn about the different teams and players in the west especially for a goalie.

Every game is a learning experience for Oilers goalies even if you're from the West

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
As per the Tampa fan poster ridiculing the Oilers for barely getting by the Flames.. wow, what weird criticism.

lol Tampa got owned by the Flames. Flames ain't anything great but in EC play they'd probably do reasonably well.

They got decent D, hard working club. Just as lucky as Tampa. They're literally identical to Tampa, cept WC playoffs are HARD.

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
Fun game, good to see the win. That said: Calgary is near the bottom of the league in goals allowed and we scored one goal on them, the night after scoring just one goal against SJ. We have scored 1.85 goals per game in January. It is hard to name a top forward who doesn't look snakebitten right now, and Hall's confidence is visibly shaken.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
zCnKaEk.gif

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Extra bonus to the win. The Oilers moved ahead of the Maple Laughs in the standing. So nice that they are looking up in the standings at us.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
How are people not ripping on Hall, and picking on Yak? Hall was far worse then Yak st both ends of the ice and has looked bad the last 5 games.

Yak looked like his usual self this year in his own end, a little lost but at least in the same hemisphere, he is looking a lot more dangerous with the puck since coming back from injury hope he keeps that up as I never expect him to be anything more then passable in his own end.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
How are people not ripping on Hall, and picking on Yak? Hall was far worse then Yak st both ends of the ice and has looked bad the last 5 games.

Yak looked like his usual self this year in his own end, a little lost but at least in the same hemisphere, he is looking a lot more dangerous with the puck since coming back from injury hope he keeps that up as I never expect him to be anything more then passable in his own end.

Hall was horrid until they put him back with Drai and Purcell. And even then, he had an abundance of brain farts. That nonchalant no look back hand pass as he was exiting our zone was putrid.

I thought Yak played well but slowed down considerably in period 3. Not sure if it was because I didn't notice him due to ice time or he just slowed down.

I have no issues with either though when compared to our "line 2" of Eberle Nuge and Pouliot. Line 2 is a :shakehead

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
Hall was horrid until they put him back with Drai and Purcell. And even then, he had an abundance of brain farts. That nonchalant no look back hand pass as he was exiting our zone was putrid.

I thought Yak played well but slowed down considerably in period 3. Not sure if it was because I didn't notice him due to ice time or he just slowed down.

I have no issues with either though when compared to our "line 2" of Eberle Nuge and Pouliot. Line 2 is a :shakehead

I will give you Pouliot and Eberle were invisible last night, but other then Nuge's 2 penalties I thought he was the Oilers best all around forward last night.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I will give you Pouliot and Eberle were invisible last night, but other then Nuge's 2 penalties I thought he was the Oilers best all around forward last night.

Nuge could take a dump on center ice and there'd be people posting this.

Its like Nuge nation or something. He blew scoring chances as usual including what should have been an automatic tap in goal on an extremely fortunate bounce off the backboards. He looked clumsy as usual and right now from a scoring pov possesses the poise of Anton Lander. Which is a significant problem in that he's getting top linemates, top minutes, top PP minutes.

lol as well on one play he blew the zone, forgot to take the puck with him, so instead of having a break two Flames say thank you, go in on net and almost score. With only Talbot saving bacon.

Plus whaddya mean "besides the two penalties" Those were both abysmal plays and we got the worst of both worlds in that instance. A guy that is one of the least physical players on the team somehow taking repetitive penalties. Both the same, breaking a players stick, virtually guaranteed penalties.

To do that once in a game is a problem. Twice in the same period? :shakehead

UnrefinedCrude

Jun 7, 2011
Calgary is "Toronto West" for HNIC. No idea why... but that's the way it is.

Their regional office was there or a LOOOONG time. All the HNIC guys, and the SN guys for that matter worked there. John Shannon ran it, and guys like Ron McLean worked there. They are all very partisan, and very anti-Oilers. Part of the unprofessionalism that comes from working for a company that vilifies the working man, like Canada's Biggest Charity.

These same people are all over the broadcasts, especially now that they all work for the same company again.

The only team in hockey that has been consistently worse than the Oilers over the last decade has been the HNIC crew.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
The oilers beat the flames, and handily after 1st.

This without top center mcdavid and best D Klefbom. Feels good. Flames should be ashamed

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Battle of 2 bad hockey teams relying on OT/SO wins to inflate their records.

I will say that it is a positive that we have played in so many tight 1 goal games lately. You have to think when McDavid comes back, he can break a few of those open.

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton
Nuge could take a dump on center ice and there'd be people posting this.

Its like Nuge nation or something. He blew scoring chances as usual including what should have been an automatic tap in goal on an extremely fortunate bounce off the backboards. He looked clumsy as usual and right now from a scoring pov possesses the poise of Anton Lander. Which is a significant problem in that he's getting top linemates, top minutes, top PP minutes.

lol as well on one play he blew the zone, forgot to take the puck with him, so instead of having a break two Flames say thank you, go in on net and almost score. With only Talbot saving bacon.

Plus whaddya mean "besides the two penalties" Those were both abysmal plays and we got the worst of both worlds in that instance. A guy that is one of the least physical players on the team somehow taking repetitive penalties. Both the same, breaking a players stick, virtually guaranteed penalties.

To do that once in a game is a problem. Twice in the same period? :shakehead

Thank you for pointing this out. I'm half confident asserting these guys are members of the "Cult of Nuge", burning incense and laying flowers at the feet of RNH in effigy. It's absurd. At best he wasn't terrible last night, but he sure as hell didn't do anything to obscure the fact he's been a passenger, virtually the entire season.

Either that, or they're confusing his play with the version of him they're dominating the NHL with in NHL 16.

DavidOilTroops

Jun 28, 2014
North Bay
The Brodie (And Flames in general) love fest was was disgusting last night. I do believe Brodie is a great D. But top 5? No way..i can easily think of 5 others id prefer to have.
And the 3 stars are a joke. Brodie had 3 SOG, 3 Blocked shots and 26:19 and was -1
Sekera last night had 3 SOG, 3 Blocked shots, Played 27:25 and was +1. But no one cares cause he isnt named "Brodie"

And Hiller over Cam last night was brutal imo.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
I though Fayne had a really good and efficient night yesterday. Not only did he score, but he was really good in his own zone also.

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
How ****** is Sean Monohan? That guy is a terrible center, Nuge is 3x better than him and nuge isn't even that good right now ahaha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad