Post-Game Talk: Oilers 2 - Canucks 1 (OT) || Shooter Tutor Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
Fire desjardins

Hire Torts. We are still paying him.

Edit: We'll I thought a statement like bring back Torts would be so outrageous people would catch on I was playing but read some of the older comments here. I am 100% serious just to clear that up. Chris Tanev became the dman he is because of Torts teaching him.

Tim McCracken

Good loser = LOSER!
Jan 4, 2010
Jail
If this happens I probably stop watching the games this year. Also Vey doesn't deserve a call-up based on his two bad games so far. Still early, but he isn't exactly making himself an asset down in Utica.

Yeah, me too but I won't be totally shocked if all that occurred. If it's true ownership wants to sell the team, they'll want it to be playoff bound even if it's only for a couple home dates. What they don't get is the best way to fill the empty seats is to tough it out with a younger line-up as long as it doesn't turn into something chronic like the Oilers. Most people aren't too excited with the prospects of a repeat of last year with the Sedins, Burrows, Higgins, Hansen, Vrbata, Hamhuis, and Miller and WD behind the bench. It just doesn't cut it. Dwelling on Sbisa, the 4th line, and Sutter's contract I can understand but there are way bigger problems than that and moving some of the vets asap and a change of ownership and coaching would likely refresh the fanbase a bit.

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
I haven't disliked a Canuck coach like I dislike WD in a very long time. He is one of the worst coaches we've ever had. We may as well send the kids back as long as he's running the bench because they'll never properly develop with his ice time distribution.

Nail on the head

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
My only hope now is CBJ hires Tortorella, Johansen laughs at signing for only 2 mill more than Dubinsky.

Canucks fire Dsejardins

Canucks promote Travis Green, Baertschi and Johansen's Jnr coach

Canucks finally have a youth lineup that looks like this.

Baer Johansen Virtanen
Kenins Horvat Boeser
Gaunce McCann Hansen
Sedin Sedin Burrows

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
WD got schooled in the playoffs. Though I still think given how bad two lines were it wouldn't have mattered in the end, he was soundly schooled.

Last night in the back half of the third tied 1-1 and the Sedins having some good shifts the game goes to a TV time out. The canucks have a faceoff in the offensive zone. The oilers put out the hall-RNH line. WD counters with the Cracknell line.

He didn't learn a damn thing.

I notice this every time and it's a goddamn embarrassment. WD is coaching like he's running a junior team in the 80s. There's little chance of building any momentum at home when you're pissing away o-zone faceoffs by playing your grinders. Total joke.

arsmaster*

WD got schooled in the playoffs. Though I still think given how bad two lines were it wouldn't have mattered in the end, he was soundly schooled.

Last night in the back half of the third tied 1-1 and the Sedins having some good shifts the game goes to a TV time out. The canucks have a faceoff in the offensive zone. The oilers put out the hall-RNH line. WD counters with the Cracknell line.

He didn't learn a damn thing.

That is the organizational plan, combat skill with defense....Jimbo has said it, Trev has, and Willie coaches to it.

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Ehlers ToI first 4 games:

15:40
14:14
15:51
14:52

McCann first 4 games:

12:31
9:36
10:32
4th game is sat for Cracknell and Virtanen

Leads team in goals +2 and a 48% F/O percentage

Willie Desjardin is poisoning this team, please someone help us.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg realizes their youth are good players. We dont apparently.

Same in NY, arizona, buffalo.....

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
The vetarans on this team are just hard to watch. They are slow as f*** the whole game. Coach also brutal.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Coach, manager and players are brutal… yet team still does well. Who'd have thought?

Game 1: 1-4-0 -> W
Game 2: 1-4-0 -> OTL
Game 3: 1-3-1 -> W
Game 4: 2-3-0 -> W
Game 5: 5-1-0 -> L
Game 6: 2-4-0 -> OTL

Record of the teams we've played and each result. So far we've played one team that has a winning record on the year and lost to that team. The rest of our games have come against teams with a combined record of 6-14-1. Might have a bit to do with why people are critical of the team despite the record.

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007

Record of the teams we've played and each result. So far we've played one team that has a winning record on the year and lost to that team. The rest of our games have come against teams with a combined record of 6-14-1. Might have a bit to do with why people are critical of the team despite the record.

Don't forget Miller has been playing unreal. We could easily be 1-5.

I want to know how they expected to improve scoring without playing the kids this year? The offense was extremely difficult to find the last couple of years, yet we have 2 players in Virtanen and McCann that have offensive skills... probably more offensive talent than the rest of the team outside of the Sedins.

I also want to know why we haven't seen the Sedins with Vrbata? Mind boggling. Luckily we are still getting some standing points.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Sekeras and Price are having a go at Desjardins right now for his line deployment last night. It must be bad when even the pro-Canucks media starts taking you to task for trotting Cracknell out for an O zone face off with rested Sedins sitting on the bench.

arsmaster*

We're 3-1-2, big whoop.

We were 8th overall under Torts in half a season too.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
We need a real coach.

Line combinations, line matching, line deployment are all nonsensical.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
We need a real coach.

Line combinations, line matching, line deployment are all nonsensical.

I am going to take a different approach. Lets keep WD for what is seemingly inevitable fall and get some good draft picks.

In seriousness I am not sure what is best for us at this point in the season. I half want the kids sent back to junior, mainly cause I don't see their ice time improving. such a weird year to be a fan.

arsmaster*

I am going to take a different approach. Lets keep WD for what is seemingly inevitable fall and get some good draft picks.

In seriousness I am not sure what is best for us at this point in the season. I half want the kids sent back to junior, mainly cause I don't see their ice time improving. such a weird year to be a fan.

I don't think McCann can physically handle a full season at this level, he'll be sent back, and if Jake can't get more than 9 minutes, send him back too.

At least we'll have Hutton and Baertschi to go along with Horvat as youth.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I don't think McCann can physically handle a full season at this level, he'll be sent back, and if Jake can't get more than 9 minutes, send him back too.

At least we'll have Hutton and Baertschi to go along with Horvat as youth.

I think either player getting this little ice time means send them back. With McCann he may have trouble with the bigger stronger centers, but if he can survive I wouldn't mind keeping him, as he seems to do many other things with the puck so well.

Would be nice to put players in positions to succeed.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
If it's true that Aqualini is looking to just pump up the team's value by continually demanding "win now" at the cost of the long-term... welp.

Aquilinis are going to use Canucks as leverage to build an arena complex in Seattle. They will build a showplace, then move the Canucks, profiting at every juncture. :naughty:

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley

It doesn't look like a team with a brutal coach, manager and players to me. The record isn't why I say that. Despite having some key players play poorly, the team still looks competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad