Post-Game Talk: Oilers 2 - Canucks 1 (OT) || Shooter Tutor Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
daniel's miss made the NHL.COM highlights. Not bad. I still have no idea how that went over, he wasn't aiming high, file that under weird bounces that defy physics.

Bobs your uncle

Sep 18, 2003
Canada
Personally I thought the twins played pretty well tonight. Generated a lot of chances just lacked puck luck. Tanev is looking so good early in this season, very poised. Miller was rock solid between the pipes.
Oilers were getting fatigued in the third.

The Jesus*

not really. same as they've always been. you would't be saying this if Daniels hits the empty net.

Their legs are starting to go late in games. Watch how hard they forecheck in the 1st, then compare it to the 3rd. There is a very noticeable difference. They're slowing down.

Still insanely skilled and smart players. So they'll still be good. But we're on borrowed time with them.

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
LOL the guy shooting on the net during the intermission game. People started booing him when he missed ahahahaha

That was the best part of the game...

CP

Thou shalt not Tank
Mar 8, 2008
Yahoooooooo, we got a point!

That's better than the Seahawks, Lions, or Blue Jays did. Man what a pathetic weekend for sports.

Two positives:
1. Canucks will win 9 out of 10 games like that. Hockey gods were playing a joke on the Canucks this weekend. That's all.
2. Ben Hutton is going to be the best defenceman the Canucks ever had. There I said it. This kid looks awesome.

The Jesus*

That's better than the Seahawks, Lions, or Blue Jays did. Man what a pathetic weekend for sports.

Two positives:
1. Canucks will win 9 out of 10 games like that. Hockey gods were playing a joke on the Canucks this weekend. That's all.
2. Ben Hutton is going to be the best defenceman the Canucks ever had. There I said it. This kid looks awesome.

Simmer down, there.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Note to self: pvr Hometown Hockey (in between periods) to replace my whale sounds CD for falling asleep...

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Personally I thought the twins played pretty well tonight. Generated a lot of chances just lacked puck luck. Tanev is looking so good early in this season, very poised. Miller was rock solid between the pipes.
Oilers were getting fatigued in the third.

The Sedins generated 1 more scoring chance than Virtanen and Baertschi.

Miller was solid, but that Oilers GWG was one he has to stop.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I hope Benning sends Virtanen back to Junior soon rather than later so he can get going in calgary and mesh with his line-mates

The game is moving too fast for him. When ever he gets the puck he is just throwing it away blindly.
:help::help:

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Will Daniel Sedin score more than 15 goals this year, he legit has lost his shot. His only goal came of his foot in the season opener. He's full playmaker now just like hank.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

Two positives:

Finally a positive post.
Unlike the previous of "let's rehire Torts" LMAO

stuffradio

Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
We won't even win a game until the second week of November. The players have proved the first couple games were flukes with the way we're losing games. The teams coming up in the next 8 or 9 games are too good for us now.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
We won't even win a game until the second week of November. The players have proved the first couple games were flukes with the way we're losing games. The teams coming up in the next 8 or 9 games are too good for us now.

I don't buy that, Canucks can win those games if they just relax a bit

The Jesus*

We're not gonna win a lot of games where the Sedins go pointless. Our PP is unsustainably low as well, and I expect it to improve.

We can still compete. It was one game and we got a point out of it.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Sportsnet's analysts are awful.

What defensive scheme do you run that the center is supposed to vacate his man to cover the winger's man that the winger has let go?

Hansen has done this in successive games now (Bortuzzo goal last game, Yakupov goal this game) and, somehow, Sportsnet manages to place the blame on McCann and Horvat?

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Will Daniel Sedin score more than 15 goals this year, he legit has lost his shot. His only goal came of his foot in the season opener. He's full playmaker now just like hank.

Hence the need to bring back the 'split up the Twins' chat.

Seriously! What the heck? Daniel could set up Sutter and Vrby on the second line.

Crazier things have happened.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
This season reminds me so much of Ottawa before they fired their walrus coach.

They just refused to play Hoffman, Stone, Turris.

Fired their coach for a coach that played the rookies and they went to the playoffs off the back of those rookies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad