Post-Game Talk: Oilers 2 Blues 1

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Only issue with Hendricks is that I personally don't like him playing too much. He's a fine player if they switch him in and out. That potential 3 on 1 where he negated it by going offside did bug me though.

That may be a fair point. I have no idea how much he plays per game (5 vs 5). Seems like he gets standard minutes for that. He's good on the PK as well, so he gets more minutes there I'd think.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Almost every game on this trip was a tight one. Oilers can win those. They were probably a bit weary but now get some good rest.

I haven't been thrilled with their game since the All-Star break to be honest, but now that they're through this stretch hopefully they can rest up a bit for the stretch run.

Alawishis

...so anyway.
Mar 12, 2008
Sherwood Park
Oilers deserve some credit for the first 40 minutes. Blues only had 8 shots at ES in the first two periods. Couldn't get anything going other than on the PP. That was a solid road game. Even in the 3rd the Oilers didn't give up a mountain of chances.

If I heard correctly on the radio they said we didn't allow them a single shot on goal for the last 8 minutes.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Is it just me or are the Flames media group some of the ugliest dudes ever on television.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Is it just me or are the Flames media group some of the ugliest dudes ever on television.

lol i honestly was thinking the same thing

that tiny bowtie on Millions is juts really making him look like a slug or Jabba the hut

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I haven't been thrilled with their game since the All-Star break to be honest, but now that they're through this stretch hopefully they can rest up a bit for the stretch run.

Most of the team has never been in this situation before. They're still learning. A .500 road trip is huge for this team.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
lol i honestly was thinking the same thing

that tiny bowtie on Millions is juts really making him look like a slug or Jabba the hut

LOL, I dont think there's a media personality I hate more then Roger Millions. Such a homer.

SoftDumps

Oct 11, 2013
That may be a fair point. I have no idea how much he plays per game (5 vs 5). Seems like he gets standard minutes for that. He's good on the PK as well, so he gets more minutes there I'd think.

Good on the PK is flat out wrong aside from maybe faceoffs. Too slow and not very smart positionally. Often doesn't bear down and get pucks out given the opportunity.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I still chuckle when I recall the time Hrudey said that the Flames almost played the perfect game while losing to the Sharks 4-0.

****ing despised him more when he defended Tkachuk's dirty play and then whined once Gaudreau got his hand slashed. Hrudey's a hack.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
If I heard correctly on the radio they said we didn't allow them a single shot on goal for the last 8 minutes.
Cause the Oilers were just indiscriminately icing the puck the entire period.
That so seldom works but somehow they got away with it tonight.

Thought MPS looked good. He may round into a serviceable NHLer yet.
Another healthy scratch for Yak. No surprise.

Crobby

Sep 14, 2009
Gotta give the Lucic-Rnh-Ebs line credit. They have been better lately and I hope they can keep it up

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
nice. we sweep the Shames, sweep the Blues and finally beat Mt. Mike Smith in Arizona. now all we have to do is figure out how to be the Wild and Preds and we'll be true contenders.

Titsuple

Jun 23, 2009
edmonton
Never would have thought we could sweep the Blues! All hail Talbot! When they were showing all his saves in the third I was honestly getting dizzy...

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Gotta give the Lucic-Rnh-Ebs line credit. They have been better lately and I hope they can keep it up

It's amazing when Ebs and RNH actually work hard what can happen. Sure as heck doesn't excuse the years of garbage though we've seen from them. :laugh: Maybe baby steps? I don't even know anymore when you consider how far a long they are in their careers.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

Just checked. Not quite. But only 3 shots against in the final 10 minutes of the 3rd period and none for the final 5 minutes. That's pretty rock solid closing out the game.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Cause the Oilers were just indiscriminately icing the puck the entire period.
That so seldom works but somehow they got away with it tonight.

Thought MPS looked good. He may round into a serviceable NHLer yet.
Another healthy scratch for Yak. No surprise.

The Blues were afraid the Oilers would throw the game and let him score 12 goals. :badidea:(Yak:bee:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad