Post-Game Talk: Oilers 2, Blackhawks 1 (OT)

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
His pass over to Rieder on a 2-on-1 in the third was also world class, too bad Rieder didn't get a great shot off on it
I remember it clear as day and I know I have mentioned it before.

Draisaitls junior teammates have said that playing with him could be hard because you would be skating and all of a sudden a perfect saucer pass would end up on your stick and you had no idea how it got there and then you would butcher the shot cause you were amazed lol

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
EbjmqAX.gif

The whole team was mesmerized with something (McDavid's goal?) on the big screen after the game.

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Just reading some comments and it appears we didn't play well? I missed this game again due to travels, Talbot won us this one I'm assuming?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The only crappy thing is that every “the Oilers aren’t that bad” thread on the mains gets hijacked by Leafs fans and closed.

Reactions: McDaddy

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Neither team played particularly well. Talbot definitely did his part for us to win.
He stole this one imo. Granted I was at a family dinner so didn't pay super close attention for most of the game, but when I was focused in it seemed like the Hawks were pretty drastically out chancing us.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
He stole this one imo. Granted I was at a family dinner so didn't pay super close attention for most of the game, but when I was focused in it seemed like the Hawks were pretty drastically out chancing us.
First period we outchanced them pretty handidly but the second and 3rd they for sure outplayed us. Albeit they got 5 PP’s and we didn’t even get 1 full 2 min PP so it skewed it a bit.

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015

Oilers has 7 HD chances, Hawks had 4. Talbot played good enough to win. Ward had just as good of a game as Talbot did. Tim peel gave the hawks a 5 PPs including a 5 on 3 and the Oil only got 2 PPs. Definitely wouldn’t say the Oilers were out played.

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
So many goals that McDavid has scored where I thought there's no chance that went in . What a laser of a shot.

If only he put the easy ones in lol there was a chance in the game where he had a wide open net on a cross crease pass from RNH and missd. This kid can honestly net 130 points once he starts putting those in. McDavid is un-freakin'-believable, cannot believe we have a player of his ilk. I remember watching Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin early on in their careers and what it'd be like if we had a player of that calibre on the Oilers. Sure is everything I expected and more.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Anyone else starting to get a bit fed up with Strome?

He's been solid defensively and his shot metrics are good. But he's playing against secondary competition every night... we're 10 games in and he has 0s across the board. At a certain point we're going to need more from our 3rd line C than just playing other teams 3rd lines even.

It would be one thing if he was just snake bitten and was looking like he was going to get off the snide soon. But he doesn't look dangerous at all out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00