Post-Game Talk: Oilers 2, Blackhawks 1 (OT)

McDynasty

Nov 11, 2013
I see a lot of "didn't deserve it" but it wasn't like they were badly outplayed by any means. They had a lot of chances themselves so it's not like this was all Talbot like a few of the past games in Chicago. They are still playing the right way, they just got gassed as the game wore on.
I know what is everyone talking about, a win is a win. that's all that matters.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Lost in all this is that somehow Mcdavid has managed to pass Matthews in the scoring race.

Its amazing how people were getting worried about McD not getting enough points and even some analysts lol figuring Matthews was going to run away with it or something. There were quite a few players in the league that got off to an uber head start and are disappearing.

As long as McD and Nuge are on a line and McD gets some trysts with Drai the Art Ross Trophy is going nowhere.

McDynasty

Nov 11, 2013
2 in a row for Talbot that hes played pretty good. Must be feeling the heat from Koskinen. Great to have some competition.

Maybe Chia knows more then the fans do?!?!
Talbs is notorious for having bad games and then coming back and playing really good for long periods.

Last edited:

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Its amazing how people were getting worried about McD not getting enough points and even some analysts lol figuring Matthews was going to run away with it or something. There were quite a few players in the league that got off to an uber head start and are disappearing.

As long as McD and Nuge are on a line and McD gets some trysts with Drai the Art Ross Trophy is going nowhere.
You mean as long as McDavid is healthy hellh win the Art Ross, either way, they are basically automatic, again, in OT

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I see a lot of "didn't deserve it" but it wasn't like they were badly outplayed by any means. They had a lot of chances themselves so it's not like this was all Talbot like a few of the past games in Chicago. They are still playing the right way, they just got gassed as the game wore on.

Yeah, it was a good old fashioned saw off and both teams playing a good and solid game. Keith was turning the clock back years in this game and Seabrook gets a goal. Hawks were trying hard, were at home, and we're back to back. This is a GREAT win.

We know that right?

Are we throwing 2 pts back these days for style pts.?

This is coming from me and I don't know I've ever seen the board more negative. I heard even connor was getting the gears in the GDT. I'm not even going to look.

McDynasty

Nov 11, 2013
Russells game looks different to me. Hes much more aggressive, which I think works because hes a decent skater in terms of making quick plays. I just dont see him giving up the line or giving the opponent as much space anymore. Klefbom looks really good out there. Larsson transition game has improved. Nurse has been solid but outside of a few plays, hes been a bit less noticeable for me (which isnt a bad thing). Oilers Top 4 are getting it done.

I never understood the "Russell sucks, lol Chia giving him 4 years lol" comments, He's been very solid and is the king in blocked shots. He lays it all on the line and has looked like he's worth the money he's paid. No complaints from me.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I never understood the "Russell sucks, lol Chia giving him 4 years lol" comments, He's been very solid and is the king in blocked shots. He lays it all on the line and has looked like he's worth the money he's paid. No complaints from me.

Whether you love or hate Russell, you know what you will get every night with him. Like you said he lays it on the line every night. Sometimes things dont go his way but its never due to a lack of effort or unwillingness. Hes been great this year though.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Boys looked a little gassed. Talbot bailed them out.
Not exactly a pretty win but its the sign of a good team when you can win ugly.

6-3-1 in the first 10 games with THAT schedule. Very impressive.
Probably explains why some posters have been vacant. :nod:

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Russells game looks different to me. Hes much more aggressive, which I think works because hes a decent skater in terms of making quick plays. I just dont see him giving up the line or giving the opponent as much space anymore. Klefbom looks really good out there. Larsson transition game has improved. Nurse has been solid but outside of a few plays, hes been a bit less noticeable for me (which isnt a bad thing). Oilers Top 4 are getting it done.
Russell is always good when he’s used as a #4. Any higher than that abs he simply gets overwhelmed.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Thought he’s been pretty good since coming back from the box. Have no problem with his play since. Not sure what your reasoning is.
He has been handling the puck very poorly , we need more from grinders , he was very good last season playing well above his salary , this season he is playing like a tweener making league minimum

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Like so many others, Russell has had to punch above his weight class for long stretches, much of it due to other players issues. When he is played properly, in the right spots with the correct amount of ice time, he is a solid top 4 dman who can get the job done. The biggest thing helping him this year, is the health of Klefbom and Larsson, and the continued maturation of Nurse.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
He has been handling the puck very poorly , we need more from grinders , he was very good last season playing well above his salary , this season he is playing like a tweener making league minimum
I thought the 4th line was very good tonight. He started off slowly and tentatively, and that earned him a well deserved spot in the PB. But curious that you would criticize him now after he’s had some solid games. Still young, inexperienced and finding his way. There is some patience needed.

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
One thing That stuck out for me tonight about Talbot was that after the first save he’d make he’d lose sight of the rebound, but managed to still be in great position for the second and third shots. At least twice in the second and once in the third his head was all over trying to locate the puck after the initial shot.

Last year when that happened it was almost a sure goal. Good to see the turnaround.

And it looks like Brodziak may not be a total bust. That’s great, too. I was hoping Jujar would pick right up from where he left off, but he’s slowly improving as well.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
but we will have 2 days off--it was an afternoon game today

Oilers should be landing back in Edmonton shortly--I doubt they stay in chicago tonight

so they will be in their own beds for three nights
early evening game , regardless both teams will be tired , and against wild expect a snooze fest And the Olers have one day off lol

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
early evening game , regardless both teams will be tired , and against wild expect a snooze fest And the Olers have one day off lol

today in Sunday(not monday where I am)--We play minny on the 31st which is Wednesday--meaning Monday and Tuesday the oilers do not play a game--practice maybe--but they do not have any games

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
today in Sunday(not monday where I am)--We play minny on the 31st which is Wednesday--meaning Monday and Tuesday the oilers do not play a game--practice maybe--but they do not have any games

I have no idea what this means but we play again against Minny in less than 48 hours from the moment of this post then play Chicago 48 hours after that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad