Value of: Oilers 1st 2021, 1st 2022, and 2nd 2022

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I think Edmonton as a team should find every way possible to avoid a Neal buyout. Because honestly, a 3C, another solid LD, and a top 6 LW would go a long way for them.
We would love to. But we also need our prospects. When we have someone making McDavid money, somewhere else has to have bargain bin players, and those are best filled with ELC players if possible. Trading too many picks makes that next to impossible.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
We would love to. But we also need our prospects. When we have someone making McDavid money, somewhere else has to have bargain bin players, and those are best filled with ELC players if possible. Trading too many picks makes that next to impossible.
Would bozak and Dunn work?

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
I think Edmonton as a team should find every way possible to avoid a Neal buyout. Because honestly, a 3C, another solid LD, and a top 6 LW would go a long way for them.

Going to be a real hard sell to get any taker for Neal's contract. Maybe if we give Broberg to Seattle to take him off our hands in expansion. Seems headed to a buyout.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Going to be a real hard sell to get any taker for Neal's contract. Maybe if we give Broberg to Seattle to take him off our hands in expansion. Seems headed to a buyout.
I think the only way he avoids a buyout is if he develops some sort of "equipment allergy" before the beginning of next season. That would make life easier in Edmonton, that's for sure. It's too bad, I would like to give him a chance to rebound next year, but his contract isn't the type you can keep around on as a "let's see what he can do" deal.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA

will it though? I feel like Seattle wouldn’t mind taking him for only two years.

Edmonton’s worst case scenario is buying him out. They should at least explore trading him first.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Oilers have some cap space for the first time in years . So it is time to go all in . All prospects outside of Holloway , Broberg and Bouchard are available .

Needs #3C , #3/4LD , 1A/B goalie and a top 6 LW . Only interested in players sign to 2 years + contracts . These deals are better done in the off season . If we do a trade deadline deal it has to be dollar in dollar out .

On a side note I would listen to offers on RNH .

Anthony Mantha, Luke Glendening and Jonathan Bernier.

Add in a 2021 3rd and you can have Patrick Nemeth.
:sarcasm:

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I don't think we need any blueline help actually. How has Bozak been this year? I haven't watched enough Blues games to really know. He could possibly work.
His defense is spot on actually very good. He had a concussion and missed a bit. Seems to be coming back to form. If ypu need a superior 3rd line defensive center he is your man. I would like to see a couple more games but I feel he will be traded by deadline.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Oilers have some cap space for the first time in years . So it is time to go all in . All prospects outside of Holloway , Broberg and Bouchard are available .

Needs #3C , #3/4LD , 1A/B goalie and a top 6 LW . Only interested in players sign to 2 years + contracts . These deals are better done in the off season . If we do a trade deadline deal it has to be dollar in dollar out .

top 4 Dmen with 2+ yrs of term will likely cost what you don’t want to give. Up. Same with a top goalie and top winger

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Yoi do realise it'd cost the Oilers a 1st to get rid of Neal on his own right?

Like 1st + Neal vs cond 7th type of deal

Neal is going on ltir soon enough

complications from COVID. He has not played in over 20 games

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Isn't 2022 the Matthew Savoie , Shane Wright draft year ? Why would the Oilers risk trading a first round pick ? What if McDavid and Drai get injured and the Oilers are in the lotto position for a chance to draft hometown phenom Savoie ?

Hell no.

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
I'm don't even think their 1st would be enough. 1 year of Marleau, a better player, cost a 1st to move out in better cap circumstances. Neal has 2 years left and is worse.

Hearing there's a good chance Neal goes on LTIR because of the covid damage. If that's the case for 21-22, then they could buy him out the following year (which has much better cap space).
Trying to do any deals now that include Neal would only set back the return for the Oilers.

Reactions: bernmeister

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Ha ha

think the flames finish ahead of the sens this season? Maybe the cancuks?
I don’t know what that has to do what with I posted, but I’ll answer it anyway:

My team is having a crappy year, the core is exposed. A couple of big changes need to happen in the offseason. I think the Flames will finish ahead of both the Canucks and Sens, but miss the playoffs by a long shot. The top 4 is pretty much set in stone. I think one of the bottom 3 teams has to go undefeated to make it :laugh:

Also, Calgary will never win a lottery. All I want is a good and honest effort, I unfortunately don’t view that. Lots of passengers on the team (on different nights, different players alternating the effort level) that cause inconsistency.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
I don’t know what that has to do what with I posted, but I’ll answer it anyway:

My team is having a crappy year, the core is exposed. A couple of big changes need to happen in the offseason. I think the Flames will finish ahead of both the Canucks and Sens, but miss the playoffs by a long shot. The top 4 is pretty much set in stone. I think one of the bottom 3 teams has to go undefeated to make it :laugh:

Also, Calgary will never win a lottery. All I want is a good and honest effort, I unfortunately don’t view that. Lots of passengers on the team (on different nights, different players alternating the effort level) that cause inconsistency.

Reactions: CraigsList

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012

Danault 50% retained , chariot 50% retained, jake Allen and johnathan drouin for .......
Now we can even take an expiring dump to even things up but you gotta give to get . So bouchard gotta be in the deal with your 2022 1st plus what ?

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
I'm don't even think their 1st would be enough. 1 year of Marleau, a better player, cost a 1st to move out in better cap circumstances. Neal has 2 years left and is worse.
35+ contract with full NMC

Player would not waive unless for buyout.

Last edited:

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Ryan Strome and Alex Georgiev as starting point?
Strome has found his game, has unfinished business w EO, (but per OP requirements, FYI only signed thru '21-22)
Georgiev may be available, if return includes a G who meets minimal requirements for Seattle eligibility and exposure - EO have Stalock(signed for next), Skinner and Wells pending RFA

salary balancing depends on retention,
but also, i have not seen EO play this year, i have no idea if a guy like Larsson is essential or disposable

Wrong goalie. We want the OTHER NYR goalie :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad