Value of: Oilers 1st 2021, 1st 2022, and 2nd 2022

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Oilers have some cap space for the first time in years . So it is time to go all in . All prospects outside of Holloway , Broberg and Bouchard are available .

Needs #3C , #3/4LD , 1A/B goalie and a top 6 LW . Only interested in players sign to 2 years + contracts . These deals are better done in the off season . If we do a trade deadline deal it has to be dollar in dollar out .

On a side note I would listen to offers on RNH .

Reactions: Chabot84

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
If we're making all of that available, I'd give Anaheim a call about Rakell and Gibson. Solves two problems, if they are inclined to move both.

Rakell & Gibson for 1st 2021, 1st 2022, 2nd 2022, and cap space. Koskinen would need to be one piece, others could be Chaisson (UFA), Kassian, Neal (for buy out, yes we would need to add).

It's probably too complicated to get done considering limited cap space and the value of the Anaheim pieces, and obviously only works if Gibson wants out and Rakell is expected to leave the Ducks after his contract is up.

Reactions: BinCookin

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Not sure of the status of Tierney currently (or what to even value him as) but there’s a potential 3c

Reactions: NB613

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
If we're making all of that available, I'd give Anaheim a call about Rakell and Gibson. Solves two problems, if they are inclined to move both.

Rakell & Gibson for 1st 2021, 1st 2022, 2nd 2022, and cap space. Koskinen would need to be one piece, others could be Chaisson (UFA), Kassian, Neal (for buy out, yes we would need to add).

It's probably too complicated to get done considering limited cap space and the value of the Anaheim pieces, and obviously only works if Gibson wants out and Rakell is expected to leave the Ducks after his contract is up.

:laugh: Good Luck

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
IMO Edmonton needs to tread lightly, I don't think they are quite ready to "go all in" especially if they are considering dealing the 2022 1st.. that has huge potential to bite them.
Just look at what SJ did, dealing their 1st a year out and they crumbled, and Ottawa takes Stutzle with the SJ pick

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Scott Laughton can play top 6 LW or 3C if need be. 2021 1st for Laughton (we can retain as well)?

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Ryan Strome and Alex Georgiev as starting point?
Strome has found his game, has unfinished business w EO, (but per OP requirements, FYI only signed thru '21-22)
Georgiev may be available, if return includes a G who meets minimal requirements for Seattle eligibility and exposure - EO have Stalock(signed for next), Skinner and Wells pending RFA

salary balancing depends on retention,
but also, i have not seen EO play this year, i have no idea if a guy like Larsson is essential or disposable

Reactions: bernmeister

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019

ANA would ask if it s a joke ;)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

I can’t

Can’t imagine Gibson realistically being available, if he is moved it’s cause a team really over paid for him.

Rakell to oilers make a lot of sense tho, versatile winger... that can score in a variety of ways, can play both wings... decent defensively, playoff expierence. I actually think he could be an ideal winger for Mcdavid. And obviously his contract (potentially retained, gives plenty of room for oilers to add around this year and next.

3c we can’t really help with, Henrique but his contract would be tough for Edmonton to squeeze in and might not age well.

Reactions: MCB

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Ryan Strome and Alex Georgiev as starting point?
Strome has found his game, has unfinished business w EO, (but per OP requirements, FYI only signed thru '21-22)
Georgiev may be available, if return includes a G who meets minimal requirements for Seattle eligibility and exposure - EO have Stalock(signed for next), Skinner and Wells pending RFA

salary balancing depends on retention,
but also, i have not seen EO play this year, i have no idea if a guy like Larsson is essential or disposable
This feels like a been there done that trade for the Oilers. They have already had Strome and that experiment did not go overly well for the Oilers so I could see hesitation to bring him back, especially at the price the Rags would be looking at (assume a 1st +). The Oilers have also had re-tread and potential up and coming goalies through their system for years. Geo is more of the same. He currently has a sub 900 save percentage and has been at or close to 3.0 goals against average his entire NHL career. If the Oilers are going to invest in net, it should be for a starter not another could be. So I don't see a huge want for this package from the Oilers.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Oilers have some cap space for the first time in years . So it is time to go all in . All prospects outside of Holloway , Broberg and Bouchard are available .

Needs #3C , #3/4LD , 1A/B goalie and a top 6 LW . Only interested in players sign to 2 years + contracts . These deals are better done in the off season . If we do a trade deadline deal it has to be dollar in dollar out .

3C Sutter
3LD Edler
1B goalie Holtby

All for 2021 1st and 2022 2nd would do

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I can’t

Can’t imagine Gibson realistically being available, if he is moved it’s cause a team really over paid for him.

Rakell to oilers make a lot of sense tho, versatile winger... that can score in a variety of ways, can play both wings... decent defensively, playoff expierence. I actually think he could be an ideal winger for Mcdavid. And obviously his contract (potentially retained, gives plenty of room for oilers to add around this year and next.

3c we can’t really help with, Henrique but his contract would be tough for Edmonton to squeeze in and might not age well.
I agree, its a pipe dream to expect Gibson. I guess I'm still holding out hope based on those rumors from earlier in the year, ha ha. He's the last player I trade if I am Anaheim.

We can't do Henrique unless its for James Neal, and that doesn't feel good for anyone, but I'd be very happy with a deal for Rakell. Making the money work would be the issue. The simplest thing would be to include Chaisson (UFA this summer) and Turris (1 year @ 1.65M). That would be even money. Although I would understand if Anaheim didn't want to take the chance on Turris.

Rickard Rakell (3.8M) for Alex Chaisson (2.15M), Kyle Turris (1.65M) and 2021 1st round pick.

The only issue with this, is that I'd rather use the 1st rounder on upgrading in net, ha ha.

Reactions: Getz2noone

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
I agree, its a pipe dream to expect Gibson. I guess I'm still holding out hope based on those rumors from earlier in the year, ha ha. He's the last player I trade if I am Anaheim.

We can't do Henrique unless its for James Neal, and that doesn't feel good for anyone, but I'd be very happy with a deal for Rakell. Making the money work would be the issue. The simplest thing would be to include Chaisson (UFA this summer) and Turris (1 year @ 1.65M). That would be even money. Although I would understand if Anaheim didn't want to take the chance on Turris.

Rickard Rakell (3.8M) for Alex Chaisson (2.15M), Kyle Turris (1.65M) and 2021 1st round pick.

The only issue with this, is that I'd rather use the 1st rounder on upgrading in net, ha ha.

So the rumoured asking price on Rakell starts with a 1st and good prospect. This offer of a late 1st and 2 cap dumps is pathetic.

GOilers88

Fer Da
Dec 24, 2016

If we want players like Gibson and Rakell, especially in the same deal, you can't say our best prospects are unavailable.

Reactions: McDonald19

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011

What kind of a 3C are you looking for? An elite 3C like Backlund or a low event guy like Ryan? My guess is Backlund doesn't fit into the Oilers cap structure unless RNH leaves in the off-season. Ryan is a band-aid. I'd be looking for a 4th round pick for him or I'd send you a 4th with Ryan for Carter Savoie.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
What kind of a 3C are you looking for? An elite 3C like Backlund or a low event guy like Ryan? My guess is Backlund doesn't fit into the Oilers cap structure unless RNH leaves in the off-season. Ryan is a band-aid. I'd be looking for a 4th round pick for him or I'd send you a 4th with Ryan for Carter Savoie.

One that could win a faceoff would be a nice start. I agree we can't afford Backlund. I wouldn't trade much for Ryan. Certainly not Savoie. He probably doesn't have the name value to make trade talks on HF worthwhile, but his stock is booming. I'd want someone better than Ryan for him.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
So the rumoured asking price on Rakell starts with a 1st and good prospect. This offer of a late 1st and 2 cap dumps is pathetic.
To have civil conversations, it would be more beneficial to offer a counter proposal, or suggest a prospect to add. Posts like this do nothing but cause issues.

A late first is still a first. Teams with early firsts aren't going to trade them to you.

Reactions: 7even

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
One that could win a faceoff would be a nice start. I agree we can't afford Backlund. I wouldn't trade much for Ryan. Certainly not Savoie. He probably doesn't have the name value to make trade talks on HF worthwhile, but his stock is booming. I'd want someone better than Ryan for him.
Agreed, not a big name prospect but one I like personally. He's a pretty chubby kid, so his upside is pretty big IMO if he can get his fitness level up. I'd do Ryan for a 4th. I actually think he's the perfect center for Edmonton. Wouldn't cost much to acquire, wins faceoffs on the right side, low event at 5-5 and a good PKer. Holland will probably go get Glendening though for around the same price. Oilers fans will hate him. He's great on the draw, but bleeds chances terribly.

Reactions: JBear

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014

Yoi do realise it'd cost the Oilers a 1st to get rid of Neal on his own right?

Like 1st + Neal vs cond 7th type of deal

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee

How can Anaheim possibly turn that down??

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Yoi do realise it'd cost the Oilers a 1st to get rid of Neal on his own right?

Like 1st + Neal vs cond 7th type of deal
If nobody will take Neal (yes, I know they won't), then he will be bought out. We aren't offering futures for Neal. The list of players were simply based on cap space we would need to generate to make the deal even possible, not ones who would be likely to include in a trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->