DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Oh Yeah and the flames played last night are are missing a top dman lol

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
I see you both still have the googles on.

Power play was aweful
Neutral zone play was pathetic
Possesion time was a joke
Draisaitl looked like he was to tired to do anything
Nobody can hit the net

Yeah we sucked but the goalie bailed us out

Shots were 30-24 Oilers, chances were 40-39 Flames with score effects all night.

Classic chokehold of a game. Compared to the usual, the top-line was disjointed. PK was very good, PP was bad. Goaltending bailed out Calgary as much or more than the Oilers. Also: Awful. Not aweful. That's just a pet peeve.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
That win was like 30% McDavid, 30% Koskinen and 40% Hitch.

Wins the goal challenge, new system gets McDavid low and results in the only goal of the game, tight Hitch style defensive hockey the rest of the way.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
I mean.. we hit 3 posts on the PP.

We outshot the flames with score effects.

Draisaitl played well.

... We outshot the flames? They can't hit the net either?

Calgary's goaltender was just as good if not better than ours.

Score effect?? In a 1-0 game lol keep on trucking

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
Whatever you say.

The PP was a joke and Draisaitl struggled. The other stuff is nonsense.
It was a bit of a struggle in the 3rd at times but they played a good team, that stuff happens.

He’s not wrong, the oil were great in the first and then completely stunk the joint out for the second and third. Very lucky the flames were down some top talent and playing 3 in 4 nights.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Anyone notice Tkachuk was running around like a stupid donkey again in the latter half of this game? No one was biting. Wonder what would have happened in the 2nd half of this one with McLellan still on the bench.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
2 points baby
Everyone saying "Hitch hockey" and how the game was 1-0 ... we are getting plenty chances, especially in the first half of the game.
Our guys just need to figure out how to finish.

Reactions: RegDunlop

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
Drai was frustrating this game.
People are slowly figuring it out but for all the playmaking talent he has he does a lot wrong too. He gets locked into a pass and then won't let it go, forces it no matter how things develop. Just plain lazy about defense. He needs good coaching to round his game out so that McDavid is playing less defense.

Reactions: frag2

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
Was there, I didn’t think we sucked, that was a pretty strong defensive game by us I thought. Lots of takeaways and good stick work by us all game. That was quite the stressful game to watch though in any case.

f***ing Tkachuk the turtle, was giving Nuge crosschecks all game and went to push Koskinen after the interference pentathlon and just turtles to his bench. One day he’ll get what’s coming to him. Thought our discipline was relatively good this game though, a contrast from the last game.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
6 points back of #1 Calgary, with a game in hand
3 points back of #2 Anaheim, with 2 games in hand
1 point back of #3 Vegas, with 2 games in hand
1 point back of WC#1 Dallas
1 point back of WC#2 San Jose, with a game in hand
bcf.png

tenor.gif

Reactions: HandsUpForBelchior

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I think McDavid's gotta switch to the left side and setup there....right now there's no one time option when he goes across the ice to Nuge.

They were doing this for one game, and McDavid finally had 1 timer options to pass to. Don't know why we reverted back to the Tmac style setup.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
He’s not wrong, the oil were great in the first and then completely stunk the joint out for the second and third. Very lucky the flames were down some top talent and playing 3 in 4 nights.

This was a classic tight checking game after the 1st. Outside of the PP, I fail to see where the Oilers sucked outside of some shifts when they got hemmed in.
Koskinen played a very good game but it's not like the Flames had a bushel of high danger chances.
It was frustrating that Klefbom couldn't clear the zone in the final minute, that can't continue to happen.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Gotta love that the plug they called up to counter our big guys ends up looking like a wimp in his fight, AND ends up costing them a potential goal. Although, he did stop Koskinen from being able to move to his left at all, blocking his foot. Wonder if it would have been a goal anyways if he was able to move over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad