Post-Game Talk: Oil win. Pens don't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Letang is 7th in 5v5 scoring amongst defensemen.

Better to wait until the offseason at this point. Gives us more candidates.
Eh, you can just "interim" Reirden to guide this shitshow the rest of the season. He probably yields similar results to keeping Sullivan. Then you replace Reirden in the off-season with an actual good coach.

Just get rid of Sullivan ASAP.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Eh, you can just "interim" Reirden to guide this shitshow the rest of the season. He probably yields similar results to keeping Sullivan. Then you replace Reirden in the off-season with an actual good coach.

Just get rid of Sullivan ASAP.

I dunno. I want to see us bottom out this year.

Sullivan does that best and tbh if he guides this team to a bottom 5 finish I think they may actually fire him.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Sullivan does that best and tbh if he guides this team to a bottom 5 finish I think they may actually fire him.
I mean, the discussion is firing him NOW or firing him in the off-season. Either hypothetical scenario sees him fired. :laugh:

So I don't know why you need him to stick around and bottom out to achieve something that, in this hypothetical situation, would happen now anyways.

Reactions: pistolpete11

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Where is our #1 Mike Sullivan defender right now? This is his chance to show true loyalty.

YARN | He's a spy. Blow him up. I'm gonna go take a shit. | Rick and Morty  (2013) - S03E01 | Video gifs by quotes | b831811d | 紗

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
I wonder how empty the arena will look until the end of the season.

There's the Jagr bobblehead on Thursday, at least!

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Letang should be a healthy scratch, as much as that bum turns over the puck, you wonder as if he 's trying to reach a quota.

I wonder how empty the arena will look until the end of the season.

There's the Jagr bobblehead on Thursday, at least!
Possibly the only game they'll win the rest of the year.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

Still not sure they manage to get into the bottom 5 but maybe the brutal schedule helps them there.

Wouldn't be surprised if where they are now is as low as they slip though given the team right behind them is already 6 points back of the Pens.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Letang is 7th in 5v5 scoring amongst defensemen.

Better to wait until the offseason at this point. Gives us more candidates.
And how many turnovers does that bum have? Nice pass to McDavid there wasn't it? He's as much to blame as anyone for this teams demise. His lack of vision and piss poor puck management is unrivaled.

If you legitimately can't see how awful he is then clearly you're not being honest with us or yourself. He's the epitome of inept.

''Wull like he's good 5 on 5 scoring'',

Cool, but how much is that worth when he continues to help the opposition beat us night in and night out.

Reactions: Love the Penguins

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
He is helping the tank come along nicely.
That's fine by me, but honestly and I'm no Sullivan fan, but sometimes the players need to be held accountable. LETANG being chief among them. Although a quality coach would know better than to play that bum. You have to have rocks in your head to so cavalierly handle the puck like that. And in todays instance he lost it to McDavid. lol

One win in the last seven.
Shut out three times.
Eight goals for.
Thirty-two against.
Crosby likely won't be a PPG player. He's dropping off big time. Geno last year was slightly over PPG player. So he did that at the same point Sid is now.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Typical Pens game. Get the hell beat out of them all over the ice. Sid dealing w/ garbage and trying to stick up for himself. Sullivan telling everyone to just 'get to your game".

I really pray Sid, Geno, and Letang get traded or retire. Imagine how it feels. Every other star in the league has at least one guy to lay the body. Yet for years this garbage organization/coach refuses.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Where is our #1 Mike Sullivan defender right now? This is his chance to show true loyalty.
If only there was a way to find a person's recent posts...

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
He has a lot to do with playing Kris Letang 26+ minutes in 2024.
You could play him 18 mins a game the guys a moron. He's always had challenges managing the puck no matter how little or much he plays. Give me a freakin break. And genius Hextall signed him for another FOUR years beyond this one, BRILLIANT.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Still not sure they manage to get into the bottom 5 but maybe the brutal schedule helps them there.

Wouldn't be surprised if where they are now is as low as they slip though given the team right behind them is already 6 points back of the Pens.
From what I’m seeing in the wins columns, no way they get in top 5…even if they lose all their remaining games, #6 is probably the highest (or lowest) lol they can get

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad