Post-Game Talk: Oil win. Pens don't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
WTF is with other teams coming in here to shit on our GM? I have not seen so much vitriol for a GM from outside a fan base ever. People are really upset that someone their own age is an NHL GM aren't they?

My dude, go worry about your own team. The coaching staff is, and has been, the problem for years. Get out of here
Maybe we should hear him out? If anyone knows what a terrible GM looks like, it would be Oiler fans.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
WTF is with other teams coming in here to shit on our GM? I have not seen so much vitriol for a GM from outside a fan base ever. People are really upset that someone their own age is an NHL GM aren't they?

My dude, go worry about your own team. The coaching staff is, and has been, the problem for years. Get out of here

I'd say just by volume, there are more ML fans on the site more than any other team.
So you're gonna have some that are on the fringe that stalk about wondering what their ex gf is doing

sovietsanta87

Jan 3, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
Letang is a better player than Crosby is right now.

Will be funny to see Sid’s points drop off now that he has to play with Geno’s line up talent.

But “Sid is in the Hart talk” or whatever the f*** our stupid media wants to say.
Good for letang. Took him about 18 years to catch up.

He’s still one of the most overrated players over the last two decades. And the pens proved they could win without him in 2017.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Is Gurgs saying Crosby is just an average 1C, since Letang > Crosby?

Indifference and despair makes us all weirdos lol

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Well, I'll pause my 'no comment on this team until sullivan is gone' rule.
Still have no idea why EK was brought in here in 2023 when offensive d / transition break out stuff was an issue in 2019 or whenever.
Couldn't they have made moves to bolster support where it is desperately needed and not in a forsaken role chosen by the hcms that they really do not need.

My blame goes to Sullivan, then FSG, then GM-D. Not sure where the percentages go for each. But mostly on FSG for signing a clown to a comfort contract. Then hiring and firing GM's who cannot touch installed clown. Just wow. Forget this team.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
there there.
where?

lol

Reactions: LOGiK

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Malkin’s been getting it all year.
All comments on any Pittsburgh articles......
Should have gotten Trocheck instead of keeping Malkin...yada yada yada.

I wonder how Trocheck would have done with Puus/O'Connor/Smith, and more importantly Sully!
vs Malkin with Panerin and Lafreniere.

Though I will say, you can see that Malkin is playing down with all the losing, and for whatever reason doesn't want to shoot anymore. I'm betting it's a mental thing and he isn't actually cooked (ala Jeff Carter).

I can't say for sure though....
I really hope we can squeeze another year out of him.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I’ve always found it interesting that we call Sid Malkin and Letang the “big three” when only two of those players were involved in all three cup wins. Im not saying Letang is a bad player. He’s a very good player. But he’s treated like he’s one of the top five defensemen of this era.

Uh he has been a top 5 Dman of his era. Certainly not the top guy, but you can make a case he's been a top 5 his entire career (maybe save this season)

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I’ve always found it interesting that we call Sid Malkin and Letang the “big three” when only two of those players were involved in all three cup wins. Im not saying Letang is a bad player. He’s a very good player. But he’s treated like he’s one of the top five defensemen of this era.

Remember when Erik Karlsson was so much better than Kris Letang and now we have both and Kris Letang is out producing EK without PP time and the PP looks worse than ever?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
See, if you’re going to have unhinged takes on Dubas, but you want to convince everyone you’re not unhinged, you shouldn’t follow them up with moronic, unhinged takes on Sid. Ones a coincidence, two, you’re just actually unhinged.

sovietsanta87

Jan 3, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
Uh he has been a top 5 Dman of his era. Certainly not the top guy, but you can make a case he's been a top 5 his entire career (maybe save this season)
I would put him behind

Doughty
Chara
Keith
Karlsson
Hedman

Off the top of my head. You can swap Weber for chara if you think chara is a little old for this era.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'd say Letang's a top-5 blueliner for his era. In no particular order; Karlsson, Hedman, Letang, Doughty, Keith. Guys like Burns and Weber on the cusp.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015

It's Toronto dude. Toxic fanbase. Toxic media.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad