Post-Game Talk: Oil win. Pens don't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Well a top 10 and lottery luck. But the big move is firing Sullivan and building new staff and discipline in the system. Dubas know the issues. H has to have the juice to do what is necessary here. FSG can't think people come to see this. It may take 3 years to add the level of talent and the kind of development necessary to get back to great hockey again.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Please don’t fire Sullivan now.

His dumbass moves will get us into a huge draft prick.
I'm sure Sully had a lot to do with Letang constantly coughing up the puck. He's a wreck and you know it! But I'm sure the coach is telling him to hand it to McDavid. No coach will save this team, their garbage, get use to it!

Letang is just abysmal in puck management. Always was an adventure now he's single handedly giving the game away.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I'm sure Sully had a lot to do with Letang constantly coughing up the puck. He's a wreck and you know it! But I'm sure the coach is telling him to hand it to McDavid. No coach will save this team, their garbage, get use to it!

Letang is just abysmal in puck management. Always was an adventure now he's single handedly giving the game away.

He has a lot to do with playing Kris Letang 26+ minutes in 2024.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
They now have a 6% percent change to get the 1st overall and 6.2% at 2nd overall. Theyll need to go on a pretty long losing streak from here to drop anymore in the standings. The Pens have a 6 point lead on the next team which is the Habs.

Reactions: Andy99

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
View attachment 833801

Since January 1st.

View attachment 833802

Since Feb 1st.

March’s schedule is absolutely brutal for us.

We could easily not win more than a few games.
Looking at it...

We should beat San Jose and Columbus. Ottawa owns us so hopefully they keep that going next game. The Devils usually own us but are also sucking right now so no idea what to expect from that one.

The rest of the games should be easy losses.

So I'll say 3-7 for our record for the rest of March if the games play out how they "should". Maybe 4-6 if we win a game we shouldn't and take care of business in the other games that we should win.

Hopefully this team tanks harder than that though. Columbus is long overdue to beat us, so hopefully they get mad and actually pull it off.

San Jose has a 10-0 or whatever beating to avenge too. They need to get jacked up for that one and outwork the Pens.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Thank God Kyle got what he did and traded the muppet! Singing him long term would just prolong this ineptitude. Gonna be a few painful years. Hopefully this core is dismantled and Crosby goes to COL where he belongs. He's done winning here!

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Sorry Kyle I lost my head for a bit, you da man! Get rid of the dinosaurs! Build it your way, get Sid outta here, send him to be Mackinnons lackey , woops I mean side kick. lol

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
This is weird. Didn’t think it’d get this bad this quick.
I did and over this weekend I made a nice chuck of change betting the puck line against them. Barely had to sweat it out. We just need to lose out and garner a lottery pick.

Reactions: ncm7772

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I did and over this weekend I made a nice chuck of change betting the puck line against them. Barely had to sweat it out. We just need to lose out and garner a lottery pick.
At my work I get called a fairweather fan because I don't sit at the edge of my seat going "YOU CAN COME BACK!!!" every single game. Sorry for being a realist I guess. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: farscape1

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
This team has completely quit these last 4-5 games. The west coast road trip was the tipper. Ever since that let down in the third period in Calgary, they have quit.

There is are literally zero negatives in firing Sullivan and Reirden right now. Zero.
They've been outscored 27-7 since the end of the 2nd period in Calgary. Hard to believe that was less than 8 full days ago.

Kiith Nabaal

Oct 11, 2013
So I found the video where Sullivan says "... and if you're tired, don't be tired!". It is from his post-game presser from yesterday and starts at 0:53:

This adds another thing to the list that Sullivan used to be good about, but has completely turned his back on. I remember around the time when we were winning our back to backs, he was quoted as saying something to the effect of:

"I wish we had the medical technology to keep track of players heart rates. If Kris says he is good to go, but we get stats on his internal body health and he is still exhausted, I will send someone else out"

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
At my work I get called a fairweather fan because I don't sit at the edge of my seat going "YOU CAN COME BACK!!!" every single game. Sorry for being a realist I guess. 🤷‍♂️
You're a man after my own heart. Sincerely!

But yes, I love this team! ABSOLUTELY! But what's best for them is to lose and sell off whatever they can for maximum return. At some point we'll be relevant again, we just have to be patient, draft well, develop our players and sign free agents that help move the needle. Lots for Kyle to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad