Pre-Game Talk: Oil @ Vegas Feb 6 - Record Hunting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
That was an epic game, definitely in my top 3 games I've seen live. The 50/50 was (and still is, I believe) the highest they ever had. It was McDavids birthday, and after the game had his 21st bday party at the Encore Wynn, which we went to after the game. Saw and briefly chatted with Drai, Caggiula, Khaira, Letestu, Maroon, and McD. Definitely one of my favorite hockey memories.

I remember that game too, was fun.

But the days of Caggiula, Khaira, Letestu, Maroon being big parts of the run support for McDrai ... *shudders*. How much cocaine was Chiarelli on.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Anyone still up for Phil Kessel? :naughty:

Probably would have been better to just sign him back in July instead of Brown (I'm sure Kessel probably have 4-5 goals by now at least), but I'm inclined to think if the Oilers didn't bite on him until now, it's not in the cards.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
I remember that game too, was fun.

But the days of Caggiula, Khaira, Letestu, Maroon being big parts of the run support for McDrai ... *shudders*. How much cocaine was Chiarelli on.
That guy also thought Reinhart was a sure fire top 4 defenseman. Don't know how won the cup in Boston. Probably just got lucky with Chara and Bergeron.

Reactions: Duke74

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
SO looks like Kane is ill and was not at practise today. Mcleod was on line 2
McLeod Was on the second line for a little bit before he got sick and then was bumped back down. I would love if he stayed there honestly. He was killing it. Kane and Perry on one line would drive teams bananas. Lol

Reactions: Duke74

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Other fan bases if Oilers lose: Finally played an elite team and lost, told you they were paper tigers.

Other fan bases if Oilers win: Another win against a declining , injury riddled old team, proves nothing.
Even when we start playing tougher teams, there's always an excuse ready to go on CP... Here's the latest:

UKflames's
"The majority of the western teams have games out East after the all star break, the only team that doesn't, you guessed it, the easy schedule Oilers (and Vegas, who they are playing)"

Reactions: bellagiobob

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
Nice to see the team getting a couple good practices in before heading to Vegas.

With the long break between games, you want to be prepared and come out strong but if it doesn’t happen early then just stick with it, stay with the plan and they’ll find their groove.

This isn’t about a streak or breaking records, it’s just another hockey game. Just stick to the game plan and do the things that have made you successful.

I like listening to Knobber talk about how he gets them back into it as well. This guys is the coach we needed.
And for those asking if he is always that calm. My buddy played at UofA with him and he said he was the exact same way as a player.

I’m scared

quick do the splits and lay your junk across the carpet.

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
943.jpg

Hope the boys don't go too wild tonight

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Other fan bases if Oilers lose: Finally played an elite team and lost, told you they were paper tigers.

Other fan bases if Oilers win: Another win against a declining , injury riddled old team, proves nothing.
Here is what I did. I looked at all of the teams the Oilers played in those 15 games and looked at the percentage of non-Oiler games they won during the streak. Using this as an indication of their likelihood of winning vs a generic team playing at a typical level the odds that a generic team would have won all 15 games came out to 6989 to one. This suggests that the critics on the main board may need some remedial work in basic math.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca