Status
Not open for further replies.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
1707150986643.png

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I think it's a good thing we have Vegas coming out of the break and not a Ducks level team. Pretty much forces and enhanced level of focus for this group which probably wouldn't be the case if we played a bottom feeder.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Nice to see the team getting a couple good practices in before heading to Vegas.

With the long break between games, you want to be prepared and come out strong but if it doesn’t happen early then just stick with it, stay with the plan and they’ll find their groove.

This isn’t about a streak or breaking records, it’s just another hockey game. Just stick to the game plan and do the things that have made you successful.

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
I went to the first Oilers/Knights game in Vegas and there were about 6000 Oiler fans in the building for it.

That was an epic game, definitely in my top 3 games I've seen live. The 50/50 was (and still is, I believe) the highest they ever had. It was McDavids birthday, and after the game had his 21st bday party at the Encore Wynn, which we went to after the game. Saw and briefly chatted with Drai, Caggiula, Khaira, Letestu, Maroon, and McD. Definitely one of my favorite hockey memories.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
That was an epic game, definitely in my top 3 games I've seen live. The 50/50 was (and still is, I believe) the highest they ever had. It was McDavids birthday, and after the game had his 21st bday party at the Encore Wynn, which we went to after the game. Saw and briefly chatted with Drai, Caggiula, Khaira, Letestu, Maroon, and McD. Definitely one of my favorite hockey memories.
damn you're lucky...I went to Vegas 3 times to watch the Oilers and saw 3 L's
(don't worry, I'm not going this year)

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Hard to know what to expect following long break. Myself I think it came at a bad time. Degree of difficulty in games post ASG increased in first 3 weeks back.

I think we learn more where this team is over next few weeks.

Can expect clubs to keep gunning for us as well. Teams like Vegas unlikely to roll over.

Individually Hyman was on fire before ASG, Kane was coming around. Skinner was on his game. Ekholm playing very solid again. I wonder how long break effects players down the lineup, What kind of starts they have out of the gate after such a long break. Sucks that the team faces such a compressed schedule going forward. We have a lot of games remaining over next couple months. Not the schedule I would want to play.
Vegas had the same time off, so should be a saw off as to how it affects them. Hopefully this break gives Kane the time off he needs to get closer to 100 %, we're going to need him and his A game. From what I can see, February is not a terrible schedule, so we should be okay. March and April will be tough though.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Unlike Woody, Knob isn’t overly stubborn with his lines. He tried McDrai for two games, saw that it wasn’t great, and goes back to what worked before.
Knob is much better at in game maneuvers and changes, much better feel for what the game needs. And the team for the most part, seems much more prepared at the starts of games than before under Woody. I'm hoping this translates into better results in game ones in the playoffs, where we always seem to be chasing series.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Minnesota right where they belong. I swear they've been the exact same team for their entire existence.

Whenever I see the Wild on Puckdoku I want to just not bother.

I feel like basically every player in that franchise's existence is some facsimile of Andrew Brunette or Mikko Koivu + Gaborik and Kaprizov.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oilhawks

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Me and my buddies went down for this game too. It was such an awesome time. Here's a picture of all the Oiler fans right before the game...
FB_IMG_1707158715616.jpg

After the game we heard that McDavid might be celebrating his birthday at Sapphire gentlemen's club lol.. but I guess he never showed up there. There was a sign saying happy birthday to McDavid and everything there too...But let's just say we still had a great time lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese