Pre-Game Talk: Oil @ Vegas Feb 6 - Record Hunting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
I propose "Hit or Stand on 16" for the GDT title.

Anyway, hopefully they're ready because Vegas will be.
1000_F_16641591_0Xjh45vnYJmOX4VyLzc5FvmzC2zhQF6H.jpg

I prefer this. :naughty:

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
The Edmonton has won 16 in a row thread is going to get record #'s if we lose this game.. Just the way it is. Trolls await. No reason we shouldn't win. Eichel is out. I hate All-Star Breaks. I remember CGY was rolling one year and they did a 180 after the break.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Hard to know what to expect following long break. Myself I think it came at a bad time. Degree of difficulty in games post ASG increased in first 3 weeks back.

I think we learn more where this team is over next few weeks.

Can expect clubs to keep gunning for us as well. Teams like Vegas unlikely to roll over.

Individually Hyman was on fire before ASG, Kane was coming around. Skinner was on his game. Ekholm playing very solid again. I wonder how long break effects players down the lineup, What kind of starts they have out of the gate after such a long break. Sucks that the team faces such a compressed schedule going forward. We have a lot of games remaining over next couple months. Not the schedule I would want to play.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Hard to know what to expect following long break. Myself I think it came at a bad time. Degree of difficulty in games post ASG increased in first 3 weeks back.

I think we learn more where this team is over next few weeks.

Can expect clubs to keep gunning for us as well. Teams like Vegas unlikely to roll over.

Individually Hyman was on fire before ASG, Kane was coming around. Skinner was on his game. Ekholm playing very solid again. I wonder how long break effects players down the lineup, What kind of starts they have out of the gate after such a long break. Sucks that the team faces such a compressed schedule going forward. We have a lot of games remaining over next couple months. Not the schedule I would want to play.
I agree with you.. I think this long break came at the worst time possible when the team was just rolling along. But maybe it's a good thing it's against Vegas.. a team they should have no problem getting up for. Just hopefully there's not much rust to shake off... But both teams are coming off breaks so it should be even in that regard

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
The Edmonton has won 16 in a row thread is going to get record #'s if we lose this game.. Just the way it is. Trolls await. No reason we shouldn't win. Eichel is out. I hate All-Star Breaks. I remember CGY was rolling one year and they did a 180 after the break.
injuries or not Vegas is still a really good team. This is going to Be a tough game. A playoff game most likely. And with both teams getting the same amount of time off it’ll probably come down to which team has the least amount of rust to start. But at least Mcdavid and draisaitl will hopefully have their skating legs. that might be a huge advantage To jump on them early.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
injuries or not Vegas is still a really good team. This is going to Be a tough game. A playoff game most likely. And with both teams getting the same amount of time off it’ll probably come down to which team has the least amount of rust to start. But at least Mcdavid and draisaitl will hopefully have their skating legs. that might be a huge advantage To jump on them early.
I agree with pretty much everything here.
Vegas is the kind of team that can play through injuries. They just roll 4 lines and play the system.
This wont be an easy game.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
This game has all the makings of an incredibly fun, and satisfying win that really sends a message to Vegas that our turn around this year is real, or an insanely frustrating loss if the team shows up flat after so much time off, and Vegas gets their feet under them earlier and outworks us like they seem to always do.

It’s also my birthday, so I’m really pulling for a dominant win headlined by a Hyman hattrick, just as just more proof he shoulda been an allstar.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I'm thinking the boys will be motivated. I get the sense they have a grudge from last year, drai pretty admitted to having a grudge against Vancouver and that was just from this year. I think we have a different mental makeup than LA, they had our game circled on their calendar and then blew a 2 goal lead in typical fashion. I'm hoping Kane is awake for this one and nurse keeps his head screwed on straight.

Drai talks about it around 3m:

It's interesting how they don't mention Vegas. Maybe just playing their cards close to their chest on that one.

Reactions: RattsSSV

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
I'm thinking the boys will be motivated. I get the sense they have a grudge from last year, drai pretty admitted to having a grudge against Vancouver and that was just from this year. I think we have a different mental makeup than LA, they had our game circled on their calendar and then blew a 2 goal lead in typical fashion. I'm hoping Kane is awake for this one and nurse keeps his head screwed on straight.

It's interesting how they don't mention Vegas. Maybe just playing their cards close to their chest on that one.

You can guarantee they have a grudge against VAN. Those fools were putting their top PP unit out in their blowout game(s)

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton

Dang wonder if they could have made the mics bigger

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Not sure what to expect in this one. They should get up for Vegas though. I want to see a composed game from them though.

Reactions: Duke74
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille