Oil Lose for Matthews

IAGTTAYM

Dec 15, 2006
overallPick-1.png

"Huff glues for Matthews". :sarcasm: :nod: :help:

Oct 15, 2008
How many goals has Eberle scored from further than ~15ft from the net? Him and Nuge haven't played well recently, I get it. Shiny toy syndrome is strong in this one though.

He is ok going to the net during the shootout or when nobody else is in the vicinity. It's when there's traffic, other players n'stuff that brings out the button hook or the Eberlian Spin-o-rama. Or his favourite, receiving the pass from the dman on the side boards in the defensive end, seeing an opposing player bearing down on him, then hot potatoing it back to the dman down low instead of taking the hit and clearing the zone. Watch for it. He does that at least once a game. Total chicken**** move.

SoftDumps

Oct 11, 2013
He is ok going to the net during the shootout or when nobody else is in the vicinity. It's when there's traffic, other players n'stuff that brings out the button hook or the Eberlian Spin-o-rama. Or his favourite, receiving the pass from the dman on the side boards in the defensive end, seeing an opposing player bearing down on him, then hot potatoing it back to the dman down low instead of taking the hit and clearing the zone. Watch for it. He does that at least once a game. Total chicken**** move.

Right, he is the most proven goal scorer on the Oilers, yet has only done so by miraculously timing his arrival to the net at an absurd level of success. Gotcha.
And just how do you think he gets grenades in his skates along the boards in our end all the damn time? You guessed it, our D making their problem the winger's. Thanks Oil Kings Guy. FTR, Eberle is first on my list of guys I'd like to trade for help elsewhere but there is just too much ill-informed babble on this site to resist sometimes.

Eberle no longer goes there cause he has been hit big a few times and is afraid of getting hit.

How is acknowledging Hall and Drais strengths shiny toy syndrome? Hall isn't new

Hall isn't new. Who could possibly be the shiny...? Don't be obstinate just because man. It's already difficult to have meaningful discussion on this site.

Oct 15, 2008
The puck is on his stick not in his skates. Otherwise he would be kicking it back to the dman not passing it back to him (wrong direction Wooten).

Get a clue.

This isn't about what he did two or three years ago. It is what he is doing now, and for those willing to pay attention and watch for it, it is rather alarming and disappointing. I like Jordan Eberle. I like Nuge. That isn't the point. They are taking short cuts on the ice and it is costing the team games.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Sportsnet did an interview with Matthews.. Doug McLean said to him "promise me if the Oilers win the lottery you refuse to go there." He said he wouldn't, but what a clown McLean is. Just a dumb thing to say.

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't. I also wouldn't blames him if he did.

Very unprofessional on McLean's part.

SoftDumps

Oct 11, 2013
The puck is on his stick not in his skates. Otherwise he would be kicking it back to the dman not passing it back to him (wrong direction Wooten).

Get a clue.

This isn't about what he did two or three years ago. It is what he is doing now, and for those willing to pay attention and watch for it, it is rather alarming and disappointing. I like Jordan Eberle. I like Nuge. That isn't the point. They are taking short cuts on the ice and it is costing the team games.

You make me laugh man. Ridiculous assertions about games you are watching and then..."get a clue" to other people. Riiiiiiight. So clear who has played before and who hasn't on this forum sometimes.

I'll leave you with this: if our D are making these brilliant, crispy tape passes all over the ice why is every Oilers fan absolutely screaming for D help?:shakehead

Oct 15, 2008
You make me laugh man. Ridiculous assertions about games you are watching and then..."get a clue" to other people. Riiiiiiight. So clear who has played before and who hasn't on this forum sometimes.

I'll leave you with this: if our D are making these brilliant, crispy tape passes all over the ice why is every Oilers fan absolutely screaming for D help?:shakehead

You keep saying your going to leave or that "youre out" but unfortunately for the rest of us you keep coming back. I did play at a fairly high level not that it matters. Watch what he does. Guaranteed you will see what Im talking about.

Youre supposition on a play you clearly didnt remember or bother to notice is preposterous on its face. If the puck were in his skates he wouldnt be passing it anywhere, let alone back to the guy who gave it to him.

Think before you post.

SoftDumps

Oct 11, 2013
You keep saying your going to leave or that "youre out" but unfortunately for the rest of us you keep coming back. I did play at a fairly high level not that it matters. Watch what he does. Guaranteed you will see what Im talking about.

Youre supposition on a play you clearly didnt remember or bother to notice is preposterous on its face. If the puck were in his skates he wouldnt be passing it anywhere, let alone back to the guy who gave it to him.

Think before you post.

"Nobody ever played the puck out of their skates, this isn't soccer!"

Think before you post. What a load.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Sportsnet did an interview with Matthews.. Doug McLean said to him "promise me if the Oilers win the lottery you refuse to go there." He said he wouldn't, but what a clown McLean is. Just a dumb thing to say.

You'd think a former GM who ran his team into the ground would know better than to try embarrassing another team. I don't care if it was a joke or not, asking a player to refuse to sign with the team that drafts him is incredibly unprofessional, and incredibly stupid. Way to live up to that high Sportsnet standard.

:shakehead

Oct 15, 2008
You'd think a former GM who ran his team into the ground would know better than to try embarrassing another team. I don't care if it was a joke or not, asking a player to refuse to sign with the team that drafts him is incredibly unprofessional, and incredibly stupid. Way to live up to that high Sportsnet standard.

He should issue a public apology or be fired quite frankly.

What an ass.

SaskOilers

Jan 6, 2009

Eberle often takes the easy way out, always has, always will. It's easily more tolerable when he's putting numbers on the board, because when he's not he ain't doing much. You see a lot of similar weak plays from Yakupov, both guys are more interested in self preservation far too often.

Oct 15, 2008
Eberle often takes the easy way out, always has, always will. It's easily more tolerable when he's putting numbers on the board, because when he's not he ain't doing much. You see a lot of similar weak plays from Yakupov, both guys are more interested in self preservation far too often.

Yakupov does stupid stuff. He makes bad decisions with the puck. He doesnt shy away from contact too much. He often initiates it. You dont really see that from Eberle. Eberle is very smart. I dont think they are similar at all really.

SaskOilers

Jan 6, 2009
Yakupov does stupid stuff. He makes bad decisions with the puck. He doesnt shy away from contact too much. He often initiates it. You dont really see that from Eberle. Eberle is very smart. I dont think they are similar at all really.

No doubt he can initiate contact, I just see far too many instances where he (Yakupov) would rather quickly flip the puck carelessly away in the corner rather than take the hit and try to protect the puck.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
I haven't followed this years draft class too closely, can anyone explain why Matthews is playing in Switzerland?

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
I haven't followed this years draft class too closely, can anyone explain why Matthews is playing in Switzerland?

Well he's making lots of cash and gets to play with and against higher calibre players.

Hopefully it doesn't become a trend though.

Planisphaerium

Jan 27, 2011
Maclean is the biggest clown on sportsnet. What an embarrassment.

''i just hate those small cups of expresso''

Planisphaerium

Jan 27, 2011

didnt sound like a joke to me

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

Gets to make a decent salary, play against men and has a pretty good coach(Marc Crawford).

He also gets to play on a line with former Oiler great, Robert Nilsson. :sarcasm:

They actually seem to be a decent duo. Nilsson is top 5 in the league in assists while Matthews is top 5 in goals.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Gets to make a decent salary, play against men and has a pretty good coach(Marc Crawford).

He also gets to play on a line with former Oiler great, Robert Nilsson. :sarcasm:

They actually seem to be a decent duo. Nilsson is top 5 in the league in assists while Matthews is top 5 in goals.

Sign Robbie Nilsson when we draft Matthews? We gotta have our forward pairings :yo:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Another first overall pick is the last thing we need--4 is anough

if we get another top 3 pick--i say we put it up for auction to address the other issues we have with out roster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad