Oil Lose for Matthews

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
If the Oilers finish outside the bottom 5 and win the draft lottery, fine...

But another last place finish is not acceptable.

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
All right:

Hall-Matthews-Draisaitl
-McDavid-Yakupov

McDavid and Hall haven't proven that they can have chemistry.

The dud is still there.

And I have to tell you something: the Oilers aren't getting Matthews.

Jun 9, 2011
It's sad to even see this thread on our board. It's understandable that it's become our expectation to finish high in the draft, but not how sport is supposed to work.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Draft Chychrun
RNH for Jones
Sign Byfuglien or Hamhuis
Voila

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
I think skill and creativity are phasing out of the NHL. Least how I used to know it.

We should identity the most motivated individual in the draft and pick him.
You win in this league with Derek Stepans, Gallaghers, Backes's.

Guys who wouldn't dream of taking a vacation mid season like RNH and Eberle.
Not much for skill but play the game like robots.

Now days you play hockey like this. At least offensively.

"unga bunga. Me skate.. me go to net. me shoot."
"Me no deke... Me no toe drag.. Me definitely no drop pass. Mebbe me no pass to be safe."
"Me shoot.. hope off other's bum. Team mates go front too for more bums"

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Dear NHL ...

Simply remove the Oilers envelope from the pile this year. No one needs to know. Spare us (and the league) the embarrassment.

Thanks.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I'm all for trading it. Problem is the value of draft picks is crap now days.

You just don't get decent players for draft picks. And our core players have no value.
RNH is so inconsistent. Eberle plays like the tooth fairy.

Hall and Draisitl are perhaps the only ones of value.
Trading Klefbom or Nurse will just result in a marginally better player at best.

This team is paying the price for abysmal... terrible.. downright disgusting drafting of defencemen. And I'm talking 25 years of it.

You can't trade for them anymore. And we sure as **** can't draft and develop them.

Nurse and Klefbom are tracking well. But history has shown that our young d-men stagnate once they get to the NHL.

Maybe the need some coaching to be a proper tooth fair . Not working so heres the link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIaKslJYmfU

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
It's sad to even see this thread on our board. It's understandable that it's become our expectation to finish high in the draft, but not how sport is supposed to work.

As a fan, I'm embarrassed. Of course winning is everything and I'll be happy if the Oil ever get within a sniff of the Stanley Cup... but this has been beyond awful. If they finish bottom 5, hell bottom 3 again, you have to blow it up, end of story.

And if they do have success in the future, it will feel supremely tainted, for me at least. This team won't have anyone's respect for a long time, even if they do start winning a bit. Even if they win a lot. And who cares what other people think you say? Well this has been a historically, blatantly bad stretch of history with no real vision, and no real incentive to improve up until maybe a season ago.

They also need to purge the remainder of the OBC if they know what's good for them.

The team is playing better but a shake up is still needed and they're still several players away from "making it happen".

Last edited:

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
We need this kid bad.

No more trading of picks please. The Oilers can't win a trade and the only selection they are good at is a top 4 pick.

Also need Hall Yakupov RNH McDave bad and how is that working so far? Sorry This team doesn't deserve another 1st overall pick. The league should just move their pick to last pick in the 1st round. Seriously let someone else have fun with the 1st overall pick for a change. Getting tired of seeing Katz and his **** eating grin with his curly haired kid at the podium 1st thing every year.

Last edited:

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I hope we aren't in the running for Matthews. I just want the team to find itself under McLellan's system, play decent 0.500 hockey for the remaining stretch, finish outside the bottom-5, and, if they are favored by the lottery gods yet again, it will be for the 3rd pick so we can grab Chychrun.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Pick should be traded at all costs.

I'll be supremely pissed if Matthews is an Oiler next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad