Fall for Hall
Slopkins for Hopkins
Pack it for Yak
Not Winnin' for MacKinnon
Be Bad for Ekblad
Fall'er for Conner
Lose Cooz' of Matthews
thread!

Don't you guys think this is a bit pre-mature? I mean, look at our track record. Surely, something gives you some semblance of confidence.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
We traded a 1st round pick last year for Reinhart remember. Today that trade looks very bad.

Yeah that was a terrible trade. The Oilers could have done a lot better with that package. However, another 1st overall pick should be able to fetch something substantial. I'd do 1st overall for Seth Jones + a decent veteran. We need more hard working veterans on this team

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Yeah that was a terrible trade. The Oilers could have done a lot better with that package. However, another 1st overall pick should be able to fetch something substantial. I'd do 1st overall for Seth Jones + a decent veteran. We need more hard working veterans on this team

I don't get this. Why not trade RNH for Jones and draft Matthews who is a better fit for this team? You do realize Matthews is on Eichel's level?

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Hey, it's the annual
Fall for Hall
Slopkins for Hopkins
Pack it for Yak
Not Winnin' for MacKinnon
Be Bad for Ekblad
Fall'er for Conner
Lose Cooz' of Matthews
thread!

Don't you guys think this is a bit pre-mature? I mean, look at our track record. Surely, something gives you some semblance of confidence.

it was Fail for Nail dude...get it right

;)

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Ya, because that approach has worked wonders so far. Another Top 3 pick, stick that 18 year old immediately in the NHL, feed him to the wolves and cross your fingers.

Trade the pick along with 1 or 2 other core players and get a real return.

And I'd trade it now while it has to potential to be a 10A pick.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
We need this kid bad.
OMG, are you serious?
No more trading of picks please.
No more trading? When have the Oilers ever traded any of their good draft picks? Certainly not recently.
We can see now that we certainly should have traded the Yak pick, and maybe the RNH pick as well.
But no, everybody was making threads about Fail for Nail etc and shouting down anyone who said tanking for draft picks is the stupidest way to build a team, and a guaranteed killer of franchises. Sigh. I swear, this board gets the team it deserves.
All the losers are off the team
Yet somehow I still see Yakupov's name on the fantasy team, so how could that be true?

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Win something I'm giving up on you.
First overall picks will no longer do.
Look at what you're doing, to poor Nuge.
Trade someone I'm giving up on you!

:nopity:

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Yeah I trade the pick in the next month. I don't think we will finish last, right now the pick probably has the most value it will have as Mcdavid will come back and we finish 22nd-25th or so.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Ya, because that approach has worked wonders so far. Another Top 3 pick, stick that 18 year old immediately in the NHL, feed him to the wolves and cross your fingers.

Trade the pick along with 1 or 2 other core players and get a real return.

And I'd trade it now while it has to potential to be a 10A pick.

I'm all for trading it. Problem is the value of draft picks is crap now days.

You just don't get decent players for draft picks. And our core players have no value.
RNH is so inconsistent. Eberle plays like the tooth fairy.

Hall and Draisitl are perhaps the only ones of value.
Trading Klefbom or Nurse will just result in a marginally better player at best.

This team is paying the price for abysmal... terrible.. downright disgusting drafting of defencemen. And I'm talking 25 years of it.

You can't trade for them anymore. And we sure as **** can't draft and develop them.

Nurse and Klefbom are tracking well. But history has shown that our young d-men stagnate once they get to the NHL.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
If we get the 1st overall pick again this year I will refuse to watch the draft and may just pack it in as a fan of this team.

McDeathbyCheerios*

If we get the 1st overall pick again this year I will refuse to watch the draft and may just pack it in as a fan of this team.
What if we end up 1 spot away from playoffs and win the lotto?

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
The names change but the song remains the same.:shakehead

Not true at all since the Oilers are actually picking the true Top End Talent.

Talent:

McDavid

Matthews
Hall
RNH
Yakupov

The 2016 NHL Entry Draft has the Tavares level talent in Matthews and 2017 goes back to the RNH's level talent in Nolan Patrick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad