Post-Game Talk: Oil Lose 4-1. The Norris leaves home... please?

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Chia needs to change everything. Oilers will never be able to sign free agents in summertime if it doesn't change. New rink is being made, new generational talent is here and come UFA time, players will get a UFA offer and look at it and laugh.. why would they ever voluntarily join this team

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
If the roster doesn't see some meaningful change in the offseason i could almost see him quitting

You think that little of the man? Enough of this oh woe is me for the coach, he and his crew are doing as crappy of a job as the team. It's his job to get something out of the players he is given. Schultz is playing out the string? sit him, not for one game until he is dealt. Or play him and give him and his partner 10 minutes of time.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
You think that little of the man? Enough of this oh woe is me for the coach, he and his crew are doing as crappy of a job as the team. It's his job to get something out of the players he is given. Schultz is playing out the string? sit him, not for one game until he is dealt. Or play him and give him and his partner 10 minutes of time.

I think it's too big of a job even for him. Nobody can fix this team.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Season is over and management always gets coaches to play guys like Schultz more.

Cantor2537

Feb 24, 2016
Management is gutless. Forget about showcasing Schultz. Just waive him. How long until you admit this experience has been an utter failure? Still playing him 20 minutes a game? A lot of good that one game benching did.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I honestly would take Dennis Wideman over him, at least Wideman has a big point shot, but I'd take the cap room over both of them.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
The train is officially derailed...

Its gonna be an ugly finish to the season... think leafs last year.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
The train is officially derailed...

Its gonna be an ugly finish to the season... think leafs last year.

speaking of Leafs, its funny that their roster is the ugliest roster ive ever seen and would be considered a bad AHL team IMO yet they have same amount of points with less games played as this team with all this "talent"

IMO the Leafs show way more heart when they play

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
speaking of Leafs, its funny that their roster is the ugliest roster ive ever seen and would be considered a bad AHL team IMO yet they have same amount of points with less games played as this team with all this "talent"

IMO the Leafs show way more heart when they play

Reilly and Gardiner are two better d-men than we've had here in a while, aside from Klefbom but since he's not in our roster. It doesn't really matter how much fire power you have upfront if you're pinned in your zone for 2/3rds of their shift.

Phaneuf is probably a tad bit better than Sekera too, he just has a worse contract. Since the Phaneuf trade they've lost a ton of games.

Leafs have lost 7 of their last 8 ... "heart" doesn't count for much if you can't get the puck out of your zone I guess.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Reilly and Gardiner are two better d-men than we've had here in a while, aside from Klefbom but since he's not in our roster. It doesn't really matter how much fire power you have upfront if you're pinned in your zone for 2/3rds of their shift.

Phaneuf is probably a tad bit better than Sekera too, he just has a worse contract. Since the Phaneuf trade they've lost a ton of games.

Leafs have lost 7 of their last 8 ... "heart" doesn't count for much if you can't get the puck out of your zone I guess.

Heart does count for a lot this year with the Leafs. Kessel and the way the team gave up mid way through last season was embarrassing. We're losing a lot but seeing the team especially the kids play extremely hard is nice to see. Losses are losses everyone expected the Leafs to be bad. The positive is the culture has changed in that locker room

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Leah Hextall upset at Oilers....

The sad thing is that this ineptitude will haunt this team for years even if they improve.
The Oilers have set a new low in NHL history...they have set the low water mark for failing.
it will be remembered for a long long time.

Jun 9, 2011
I think Klefbom, Nuge and Gryba could have helped us tonight... If/when they return, they will not be up to 100%.

Hated the booing.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
The sad thing is that this ineptitude will haunt this team for years even if they improve.
The Oilers have set a new low in NHL history...they have set the low water mark for failing.
it will be remembered for a long long time.

And it is all the fans fault, right?

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

this is a team full of coach-killers....that much is certain

we've change coaches and management and the same thing is happening year after year...at some point its on the players

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad