Post-Game Talk: Oil Lose 4-1. The Norris leaves home... please?

Reilly13

Dec 2, 2011
Leah Hextall upset at Oilers....

Leah Hextall is a pretty well noted Flames fan so I do have to think there's some bias in her comments. She's doing the Flames broadcast and still finding time to put down a team that's not even playing in the game which is kind of annoying.

Even Doug McLean didn't agree with her comments and he literally told Auston Mathews to ask out if we got 1st overall earlier this season.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
If Jultz had stayed with Paul, instead of giving him a little love tap, then gliding away..

rsLW6vY.gif

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
If Jultz had stayed with Paul, instead of giving him a little love tap, then gliding away..

rsLW6vY.gif

I'm actually more mad at Letestu than Schultz on that particular play, while Schultz should be slapped because how he just lazily followed the puck carrier around without doing much of anything constructive, he probably didn't stick with #13 because he thought Letestu was on him.

Letestu was a complete idiot on that play, just spinning around in place watching the puck, and other than a couple lame crosschecks completely lost his man and was directly responsible for the goal against.

If I were coach, that kind of goal would've driven me completely mental.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Leah Hextall is a pretty well noted Flames fan so I do have to think there's some bias in her comments. She's doing the Flames broadcast and still finding time to put down a team that's not even playing in the game which is kind of annoying.

Even Doug McLean didn't agree with her comments and he literally told Auston Mathews to ask out if we got 1st overall earlier this season.

you gotta think it may eventually come to that scenario soon. Ive never been a fan of that potentially happening but Im getting to a point where I wouldn't blame Matthews at all if it happened. It's mind blowing whats going on in Edmonton

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I'm actually more mad at Letestu than Schultz on that particular play, while Schultz should be slapped because how he just lazily followed the puck carrier around without doing much of anything constructive, he probably didn't stick with #13 because he thought Letestu was on him.

Letestu was a complete idiot on that play, just spinning around in place watching the puck, and other than a couple lame crosschecks completely lost his man and was directly responsible for the goal against.

agreed... Schultz is getting blamed for everything now... looking back on goals lately its unreal how braindead other players leading up to the goal are but then Schultz is the final piece of braindead-ness and everyone blames him.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint

Very brave, bold, and downright inspiring to see a Flames fan call out the Oilers.

Dat gurl's got heart.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
this is a team full of coach-killers....that much is certain

we've change coaches and management and the same thing is happening year after year...at some point its on the players

Its full circle. This org is a collection of player killers. Chronic top pick drafting supplemented for years of ordinary- poor veteran help DESIGNED to fail and thus for 5 or more years beating out the competitive instinct of any young pick with the misfortune of being picked to play for this pathetic org. We know that's the case, we know McDavid had similar misgivings. Reality is I can't blame the players for this.
WE took guys with competetive instinct and fire and put several of them in a situation that was literally can't win. We did this for years. The org turned winners into losers now wonder what happened...

We beat the competitive instinct right out of these players. I'm disgusted, absolutely appalled that the org did this to McDavid. Really to any of the players but now were irreparably harming a new crop like Nurse, McDavid, Drai, thankfully Klef is missing this season and no experiencing this utter crap.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
someone who finally had the balls to say what every hockey person on TV and the world is thinking haha

Lol...apparently she isnt a reporter at all but a Flames fan so her opinion doesn't count.

Some serious denial about the truth around here. :laugh:

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Its full circle. This org is a collection of player killers. Chronic top pick drafting supplemented for years of ordinary- poor veteran help DESIGNED to fail and thus for 5 or more years beating out the competitive instinct of any young pick with the misfortune of being picked to play for this pathetic org. We know that's the case, we know McDavid had similar misgivings. Reality is I can't blame the players for this.
WE took guys with competetive instinct and fire and put several of them in a situation that was literally can't win. We did this for years. The org turned winners into losers now wonder what happened...

We beat the competitive instinct right out of these players. I'm disgusted, absolutely appalled that the org did this to McDavid. Really to any of the players but now were irreparably harming a new crop like Nurse, McDavid, Drai, thankfully Klef is missing this season and no experiencing this utter crap.

Its funny cause the McDavid effect affected coaches and management with all the firing and hiring, yet nothing was done about the most important part.... his teammates.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

At least Letestu is somewhat in position. Schultz is being lazy AND out of position. Did he ever actually learn how to play defense properly? :help:

DarkSaturn

Sep 10, 2008
They should try Schultz as a forward.

Specifically the 13th forward in the AEHL (the world famous anywhere else hockey league).

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
TMac's reaction after the 3rd goal against...

Probably would have strangled Schultz if it wouldn't have meant the end of his professional career as a coach. :laugh:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Its funny cause the McDavid effect affected coaches and management with all the firing and hiring, yet nothing was done about the most important part.... his teammates.

That's still coming.

Much as I might not 100% agree with it, I would be surprised to see more than a dozen players currently on this team suit up next year.

Hall-Drai-(Loui Eriksson)
(Anders Lee)-McDavid-RNH
Pouliot - (Eller) - (Versteeg)
Hendricks - (Letestu, Khaira) - Kassian

Klefbom-(Hamonic)
Sekera- (Vatanen)
Nurse-Davidson
Gryba

Talbot
Brossoit

That's 12. Leaving seven spots open for new additions.

I think Eberle gets moved for a defenceman, let's call him Sami Vatanen
2016 1st gets moved for a defenceman and a lesser winger, let's call them Hamonic and Lee.
Yakupov gets moved for a 3C with some upside, let's call him Lars Eller and another pick/prospect.
I think Chiapet calls a mulligan on Reinhart and moves him for a low 1st to a team badly needing LD - IE, to Toronto for Pittsburgh's pick this year.
Sign Eriksson in free agency, sign Kris Versteeg in free agency.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
TMac's reaction after the 3rd goal against...

Probably would have strangled Schultz if it wouldn't have meant the end of his professional career as a coach. :laugh:

I feel for McLellan. He clearly hasnt witnessed this level of ineptitude at any other time in his coaching career and it has to be unbearable for him.

He has gone from being associated with solid teams for his entire career to a team whos greatest accomplishment in 10 years is winning the lottery.
Welcome to Edmonton Todd...how are you liking it so far?

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I feel for McLellan. He clearly hasnt witnessed this level of ineptitude at any other time in his coaching career and it has to be unbearable for him.

He has gone from being associated with solid teams for his entire career to a team whos greatest accomplishment in 10 years is winning the lottery.
Welcome to Edmonton Todd...how are you liking it so far?

He should resign for his own good. I'm sure there will be a few NHL teams happy to take him off our hands.

Man, how embarrassing would that be?

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Lol...apparently she isnt a reporter at all but a Flames fan so her opinion doesn't count.

Some serious denial about the truth around here. :laugh:

Yeah cuz that's what people are saying.

Clearly the Oilers are awesome, and we all believe so. Thanks for keeping us honest.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Yeah cuz that's what people are saying.

Clearly the Oilers are awesome, and we all believe so. Thanks for keeping us honest.

Well...when you suggest a reporter is actually a Flames fan simply because she is truthful about Oiler ineptitude and that it should be addressed by the League...then yes...that looks an awful lot like denial.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
He should resign for his own good. I'm sure there will be a few NHL teams happy to take him off our hands.

Man, how embarrassing would that be?

I dont see that happening at all. Unlike much of the Oiler roster McLellan is a consummate professional.

I just dont think he has ever seen a level of unprofessionalism and abject failure like this before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad