Post-Game Talk: Oil Lose 4-1. The Norris leaves home... please?

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Well...when you suggest a reporter is actually a Flames fan simply because she is truthful about Oiler ineptitude and that it should be addressed by the League...then yes...that looks an awful lot like denial.

Yeah, if only we could come to grips with how terrible this team is. That's us, living in denial.

I don't think anyone suggested she's a Flames fan because of what she says about the Oilers. Just that she's a Flames fan who could very well have bias against the Oilers. Do the Oilers suck? Yeah they do. Hard hitting analysis there.

Damien Cox is also a reporter. We should take all of his words to heart too, because you know, he's a reporter and all.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I dont see that happening at all. Unlike much of the Oiler roster McLellan is a consummate professional.

I just dont think he has ever seen a level of unprofessionalism and abject failure like this before.

I know he won't, but I wouldn't blame him. This team is just fractured in about 40 different places.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I know he won't, but I wouldn't blame him. This team is just fractured in about 40 different places.

Yeah...this team is broken.

McLellan has now had enough time to realize what some of us have had the luxury of knowing for years now.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
That's still coming.

Much as I might not 100% agree with it, I would be surprised to see more than a dozen players currently on this team suit up next year.

Hall-Drai-(Loui Eriksson)
(Anders Lee)-McDavid-RNH
Pouliot - (Eller) - (Versteeg)
Hendricks - (Letestu, Khaira) - Kassian

Klefbom-(Hamonic)
Sekera- (Vatanen)
Nurse-Davidson
Gryba

Talbot
Brossoit

That's 12. Leaving seven spots open for new additions.

I think Eberle gets moved for a defenceman, let's call him Sami Vatanen
2016 1st gets moved for a defenceman and a lesser winger, let's call them Hamonic and Lee.
Yakupov gets moved for a 3C with some upside, let's call him Lars Eller and another pick/prospect.
I think Chiapet calls a mulligan on Reinhart and moves him for a low 1st to a team badly needing LD - IE, to Toronto for Pittsburgh's pick this year.
Sign Eriksson in free agency, sign Kris Versteeg in free agency.

i don't mind a lot of those trade ideas... but it just seems like its never gonna happen. Trades have been talked about for years and years yet nothing significant happens. It just seems like itll be a few minor moves that accomplish nothing.

And if they trade away Hendricks like rumors stated the other day, im gonna be blown away

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
He's been seething for a while, you can see it in his body language the last few weeks. At some point he was going to reach his boiling point, tonight was that night.

I don't see anything wrong with him calling out the group. Don't see why anybody would.
It's the first time we've seen this since Quinn? It's really refreshing and I hope Chia is taking notice.

People forget how honest Quinn was. I just hear alot of bashing of Quinn but he knew he had 1/3rd of a hockey team in camp and said as much. Then they went and gutted the team as they could for hall.

yikes. six years ago. almost seven.
hall, nuge, yak, nurse, drais, mcdavid, *******

**** skill. keeep mcd and drais and either hall or eberle. build the rest of the team to finish checks and play 60 minutes of proud hockey. Defense who FOCUS ON DEFENSE. OFFENSE that focus on getting pressure and hitting--not highlight checks --but momentum earning checks...constant checks.

Oilers10

I hate Dallas Eakins
Dec 4, 2004
Its full circle. This org is a collection of player killers. Chronic top pick drafting supplemented for years of ordinary- poor veteran help DESIGNED to fail and thus for 5 or more years beating out the competitive instinct of any young pick with the misfortune of being picked to play for this pathetic org. We know that's the case, we know McDavid had similar misgivings. Reality is I can't blame the players for this.
WE took guys with competetive instinct and fire and put several of them in a situation that was literally can't win. We did this for years. The org turned winners into losers now wonder what happened...

We beat the competitive instinct right out of these players. I'm disgusted, absolutely appalled that the org did this to McDavid. Really to any of the players but now were irreparably harming a new crop like Nurse, McDavid, Drai, thankfully Klef is missing this season and no experiencing this utter crap.

Preach brother!

Oilers10

I hate Dallas Eakins
Dec 4, 2004
Man makes me so mad we had the assets to get all of Hamilton, Jones, and Hamonic and we'd still have Draisaitl, McDavid, and Hall left over. I'm sure its more complicated than that but all the returns for the first two we had the assets and were in the discussions. If we had those 3 D our rebuild is done once Chia flanks the wings with big heavy players.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Man makes me so mad we had the assets to get all of Hamilton, Jones, and Hamonic and we'd still have Draisaitl, McDavid, and Hall left over. I'm sure its more complicated than that but all the returns for the first two we had the assets and were in the discussions. If we had those 3 D our rebuild is done once Chia flanks the wings with big heavy players.
To get those would of cost us Nurse, the picks used to get Reinhart(fine), the 2nd used to get Talbot, RNH and Klefbom (for Hamonic)

Hall - Drai - Purcell
Pouliot - McDavid - Eberle

Sekera - Hamonic
Jones - Hamilton
Davidson - Fayne

Scrivens
Nilsson

Good defense, **** goaltending

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Does anyone even want to watch this massacre?

I watch every Kings game I get a chance to. So yeah. The Kings/Flames game was pretty decent. See if the oilers can pull out a grade A effort. Kings are having a ton of trouble scoring lately. They had 20 scoring chances in the 2-1 win and couldn't buy a goal. I probably shouldn't say that..

I tend to think Kings will want this one as Ducks and Sharks are nipping at heels.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I watch every Kings game I get a chance to. So yeah. The Kings/Flames game was pretty decent. See if the oilers can pull out a grade A effort. Kings are having a ton of trouble scoring lately. They had 20 scoring chances in the 2-1 win and couldn't buy a goal. I probably shouldn't say that..

I tend to think Kings will want this one as Ducks and Sharks are nipping at heels.

The Kings could ice a bunch of cats and they'd still win. The game is super predictable. Oilers get off to an early good start, take a needless penalty, Kopitar scores as the Kings bury the Oilers. Oil get a goal late in the second to make the game 3-1 and the Kings take over in the third while taking several liberties.

Oh, and just going out on a limb here, but Dustin Brown will dive and the refs will fall for it.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
The Kings could ice a bunch of cats and they'd still win. The game is super predictable. Oilers get off to an early good start, take a needless penalty, Kopitar scores as the Kings bury the Oilers. Oil get a goal late in the second to make the game 3-1 and the Kings take over in the third while taking several liberties.

Oh, and just going out on a limb here, but Dustin Brown will dive and the refs will fall for it.

Not a bad synopsis. ;)

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005

I don't even mind losing to Kopitar.
Its the part where Dwight King and Trevor Lewis look like freaking All Stars every single time they play the Oilers that I can't stand.

Not even going to bother watching tonight.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015

Don't forget Taylor Hall breaks his stick on a sure goal attempt late in the first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad