Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I guess I give 88 credit for dropping the mitts, and I’m glad he did it against an opponent who isn t a particularly good fighter, .... Last two fights between these teams were 2 bruins first fights ever (lindholm and pasta).
FLA isn't interested in fighting , they're interested in agitating. It's their game and it's worked for them. If they have Boston trying to get them to drop the gloves then their game plan's working.

Think Boston was just sending a message and in a game that was decided. Would love to know what Maroon did to get ejected considering all that happened after.

YukonCornelius

Apr 13, 2018
It’s not “supposed to be” automatic, it is automatic.
It is not often let go, if you take an opponent’s helmet off it is a penalty.
The ref was gonna let both Tkachuk and the B slide for what occurred. The Bruin taking Tkachuk helmet off is automatic 2 minutes.
I’ve seen that happen many, many times with no call, it is in no way automatic regardless of what the official rule book says.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
No, I didn’t miss the point. The ref decided to let the tit for tat exchange in front of the net go. If he called something there, it would’ve been matching minors, not just a call on Tkachuk. There was going to be no penalties called on the play, at all. Then as things were starting to settle down, he yanks Tkachuk’s helmet off. The ref only called the penalty that the rule book leaves him no leeway to “let it go.”
lol, Ok.
Like I said G3 will be interesting.

Reactions: Summer Rose

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I think that if I’m Jim Montgomery, I put a line together to start Game 3 that drops the mitts as soon as the puck drops and send a message to Florida. If they need to call up six players (including the ’tender) from the ECHL to absorb the possible suspensions, so be it. I’m sure the Bruins can find five skaters and a goalie who might be up for something like that. And then I’d have the rest of my players batter Reinhart and Tkachuck every chance they got for the rest of the night.

Personally, I wasn’t expecting much from the Bruins going into the season, and they’ve already exceeded my expectations by beating Toronto (which never gets old), so this is gravy to me. I picked the Panthers in six, so if the Bruins can make the Panthers’ victory as costly and as painful as possible, I’ll be more than pleased.

Last edited:

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1715254507264.png

1715254521929.png

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Not that complicated. He started an altercation with Nick Cousins a good 30+ seconds after the whistle. He also came off the bench to do it. He wasn’t even on the ice the previous shift. Wouldn’t be surprised if he catches a fine for it
Cousins got a misconduct too though - if it went as simply as you say then he'd be in the clear.

Reactions: Summer Rose

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Some players are just really good at getting opponents off their game. I would think that having a former 60 goal scorer who never fights to drop the gloves instead of scoring is an example of getting someone off their game.

I’d like to think of it as him showing the rest of his team that even he is willing to stick up for himself. He is a captain this season and that shit should go a long way with his teammates.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
FLA isn't interested in fighting , they're interested in agitating. It's their game and it's worked for them. If they have Boston trying to get them to drop the gloves then their game plan's working.

Think Boston was just sending a message and in a game that was decided. Would love to know what Maroon did to get ejected considering all that happened after.
Didn’t that start while game was at commercial break? Maroon started something while play was stopped, or he just said the “right” thing to the ref. Idk, but He quickly tossed him out.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Didn’t that start while game was at commercial break? Maroon started something while play was stopped, or he just said the “right” thing to the ref. Idk, but He quickly tossed him out.
Was it during a commercial? I couldn't tell from in the arena. Either way it was well after the play and after both teams had changed lines. Cousins was standing at the faceoff circle by himself and Maroon goes over and starts an altercation.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
The Brazeau penalty was BS for 2 reasons. Tkachuk doesn't wear his helmet snug at all. The strap hangs down well below his chin.(as most player do) The action of the helmet coming off was do to a headlock that Tkachuk ducked out of. It came off in the scramble of a BS fight with Pasta, as soon as they went to the ice.
That penalty has to be more deliberate in intent.

That being said, the playoff really started in Game 2. The remainder should be popcorn time.
Even if the favorites, the Panthers win, there's going to be a lot of blood on the ice.
Each team has now won a game in which the other didn't show up for 60 minutes.
Should be fun.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
They had the camera by the benches on Tkachuk before that. He was yelling “pasta wanna go”. Pasta shrugged like wtf then guess he decided he was going to and told monty.

I guess I give 88 credit for dropping the mitts, and I’m glad he did it against an opponent who isn t a particularly good fighter, I’d be more worried if it was Bennett or Gadj although I think Gadj is more respectful in terms of he who fights. Last two fights between these teams were 2 bruins first fights ever (lindholm and pasta).
It’s a bummer he did it against a guy who throws punches after a guy is down though. I guess the honor that Shawn Thornton brought to that part of the game was lost on Florida during his time there. Too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad