OT: Oh shit, oh dang, it's time for what are you listening to, mang?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Matchbox 20 isn't Coldplay by any measurement....So.

"Push" MB20 is rather easy. :thumbu:
they certainly aren't changing the industry with their music, but it is a solid album to play during rocket league or something. I'm not sitting down to just listen to music. The closest I've ever come to doing that is making playlists, but that's not quite the same thing.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
they certainly aren't changing the industry with their music, but it is a solid album to play during rocket league or something. I'm not sitting down to just listen to music. The closest I've ever come to doing that is making playlists, but that's not quite the same thing.

I attach them to one of the great but not mainstream kids movies "Meet the Robinsons" I find it strange it didn't do as well as it should have. I consider it a classic. I think Rob's tone is what sets them apart, really. Always liked them.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
for sure. You want to criticize MB20, sure. But House of Pain? Nah man, get the f*** out.

I once said "Jump Around" was great, but it has a shelf life to be played. Every so often keeps it fresh, but overdone it'll get old fast. Like any song that's over played. It has its place and is killer.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I was watching a Matt Cooke cheapshots video today and I swear I heard Coldplay in the background while Savard was out on the ice. Maybe that's why his career ended.

AliveCourteousGrasshopper-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
I genuinely love this band. I was supposed to see them this weekend at a venue on the beach at sunset. Like everything else it's been canceled/postponed. The only thing that pains me about these guys, Mt. Joy, is that they're from Philly. This song though... it's very on point right now.

Kids get high in the basement sometimes
And tell themselves not to watch the screens
It's the blood that haunts me, I can't fall asleep
'Cause it's ruthless, and don't tell me you're ruthless too

When there is blood on the streets of Baltimore
Kids are getting ready for a long war
Maybe I was born in the wrong skin
But those sheep are rolling in the mud again

Oh, it haunts me, tell me it haunts you too
You cut it up, you cut it up, but it's still the red white and the blue

Wasted, in the tangles of time
And my baby, is she the only one left when it's dire?
She said a change is gonna come, love, but it's all on us
'Cause it's ruthless and don't tell me you're ruthless too

When there is blood on the streets of Baltimore
Kids are getting ready for a long war
Maybe I was born in the wrong skin
But those sheep are rolling in the mud again

Oh, it haunts me cause freedom was paid in blood

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
The Butthole Surfers are legends. Or at least should be. I guess for Jesus Built My Hotrod, Gibby was visiting Jourgensen in the studio and got all manner of f***ed up and basically just ranted for like hours all of which Jourgensen recorded and spent a couple weeks after editing and dubbing. In the end he handed the song over to the label who was furious because it's the only thing he had to show for the advance they had been given months earlier... that the band spent entirely on drugs.

The Butthole Surfers also allegedly fed one of my favorite songwriters, Daniel Johnston, LSD while he was at one of their shows. Which... dude wasn't equipped for that. Haha

There is absolutely some hint of urban legend regarding that last bit, though. But dude did COMPLETELY flip his lid right around that time. Which most would say was likely inevitable one way or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad