Speculation: Oh Radulov, Where Art Thou...GH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I still think Radulov signs at league minimum for the Wild just to watch our boards burn themselves to the ground.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
He's right, though. Radulov won't sign for less than $7M. He won't because he doesn't have to.

Then he won't be in the NHL.

The only way any team is giving him that kind of money is if he signs a 1 year more modestly priced deal at $4-5M and PROVES he's worth $7M+ per year. Otherwise he's going back to the KHL.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Then he won't be in the NHL.

The only way any team is giving him that kind of money is if he signs a 1 year more modestly priced deal at $4-5M and PROVES he's worth $7M+ per year. Otherwise he's going back to the KHL.

I will incinerate if Rads signs with the Wild.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I honestly think I hate the Wild more than I hate the Red Wings. Which I did not even know was possible.
If they somehow got Malkin...

I get it. With the wings it was like a back and forth boxing match. With the Wild its like a constant beat down. Its too one sided.

But yeah Malkin to Minny man...it could happen. Minny could easily part with any combo of Coyle, Nieds, Dumba, Grandlund or Brodin for Geno. Not all of them obv. but a couple of those guys and a couple firsts..done.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
No, that's not it. That's been what 2 years because they can't get over it. Before that we beat them up. It's because there's nothing exciting or interesting about that team. There's really not even that player that you hate because they are on that team because they are so good, no it's just they are all decent meh. Their prospects are all decent meh, that's their whole identity and existence. Avs fans don't even want to be in a rivalry with them because they are so boring, many will protest against it but it's true, the team's, the fans, the media hate each other. I don't even know why they hate us but they do. Like you said it's not even two greats going at it, it's just mediocre teams that hate each other for some reason. But it's the truth.

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
I think the Avs just kicked their butts so hard for so long that the Wild fans just got sick and tired of it. When the tables flipped, they just wanted to rub it all in our faces since they dealt with it so long.

Most Wild fans I see in person in the Denver area are just overtly hostile and loud. I can't really say the above would cause that. I honestly don't know. I've had one yell in my face when I was just wearing an Avs baseball cap. Wasn't even a game on that day.

Maybe their crappy logo makes them as angry as the disfigured christmas bear is.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
They feel like an entitled community/fanbase to me. The "State of Hockey" had its team "stolen" from them and that team went on to have success. After years of being on the outside, they got a team back and nobody outside of Minnesota really cared.

As TV said, they built a very blah team. They tried to make the big splash with Suter and Parise but instead of making them the center of attention, those two just blended into the blah.

I honestly think that community/fanbase was expecting to be the Toronto of the non-original 6 teams in the US, but other fans don't care any more about the Wild than they do a team like Nashville or San Jose, so Minnesota has created their own narrative that they are disrespected when they should be revered.

If Radulov or Malkin went there it would still come down to them having to win at least one cup for there to be any reason for outside fans to care much about what happens in the Twin Cities

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
No, that's not it. That's been what 2 years because they can't get over it. Before that we beat them up. It's because there's nothing exciting or interesting about that team. There's really not even that player that you hate because they are on that team because they are so good, no it's just they are all decent meh. Their prospects are all decent meh, that's their whole identity and existence. Avs fans don't even want to be in a rivalry with them because they are so boring, many will protest against it but it's true, the team's, the fans, the media hate each other. I don't even know why they hate us but they do. Like you said it's not even two greats going at it, it's just mediocre teams that hate each other for some reason. But it's the truth.

its been longer than 2 years. they've been kicking our ass since 2009 more or less. were 16-29 against them since 2010..

http://www.mcubed.net/nhl/min/col.shtml

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I love what this thread has become.

Radulov...? Nah. Lets bash the Wild.

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
They feel like an entitled community/fanbase to me. The "State of Hockey" had its team "stolen" from them and that team went on to have success. After years of being on the outside, they got a team back and nobody outside of Minnesota really cared.

We should be entitled too. Our team was used to greatness till the lockout. After that, we expected them to return to greatness because it's our destiny but they seem to be screwing it up somehow. I mean any competent ownership group and management would be a lot further with a team that had Duchene/Landeskog/MacKinnon/O'Reilly/Johnson/Varlamov at one point. But either way, this is just a hick-up and not the norm, our destiny is to win the stanley cup.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Now that Stammer is off the table I wonder if those same teams that were lining up for his services circle back around to Radulov

I assumed the hold up for those teams was based on seeing what was going to happen with Stamkos but now thats been resolved he could be plan...C

Id think that Backes, Okposo would be preferred over him

Last edited:

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
If I was a wild fan I'd be busy making sure I didn't have to spend another winter in Minnesota.

Or you know. Any season in Minnesota.

the summer is actually really nice there. plz dont kill me.

EDIT: also it turns out that Eurolanche's inquiry ended up coming true. Unless Radulov signs today he will have waited till July 1st just like many of us were expecting.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Or you know. Any season in Minnesota.

the summer is actually really nice there. plz dont kill me.

EDIT: also it turns out that Eurolanche's inquiry ended up coming true. Unless Radulov signs today he will have waited till July 1st just like many of us were expecting.

Eh; I liked Minneapolis/St Paul in the summer. But f*** those winters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad