Speculation: Oh Radulov, Where Art Thou...GH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
What if...?

What if the actual situation is this:

- Avs are trying to sign MacKinnon to a deal / Mack's agent wants to wait out July 1st to see if he can force the Avs hand with an offer sheet from a desperate club

The Avs are leaving their cap space open, since they can't FORCE Mack to sign a contract and they just don't know what a possible offer sheet would look like (could be $9M or more...who the hell knows...some GMs are crazy!)

...and all of this is holding up whether we can sign Radulov or not????

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
What if the actual situation is this:

- Avs are trying to sign MacKinnon to a deal / Mack's agent wants to wait out July 1st to see if he can force the Avs hand with an offer sheet from a desperate club

The Avs are leaving their cap space open, since they can't FORCE Mack to sign a contract and they just don't know what a possible offer sheet would look like (could be $9M or more...who the hell knows...some GMs are crazy!)

...and all of this is holding up whether we can sign Radulov or not????

Interesting theory. I can see someone offer sheeting Mack 9M lol like you said some GM's are nutso.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I don't think a team would target the Avs with an offer-sheet. They know the Avs have over 20 million in space, they know the team needs to keep MacKinnon. Teams pony up to keep key RFA's when they have to, they always have. Calgary tried to screw the Avs over with theirs, they matched. Nashville matched Philly. Vanek was matched. If I'm going hunting to poach someone as a GM, I'm targeting Kucherov. Tampa has only 12 million in space, and they have so many RFA's this year and the next it could really hurt for them to match. There is also Calgary with Monahan, and they have the same amount of space as the Avs. On defense, if I was a GM coughing up big dollars and picks, it's Lindholm, not Barrie. Especially Anaheim with their internal budget. Frontload the contract as much as you can while complying with the CBA.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Radulov would be the most offensively skilled winger the avs have had in a long time. He has a lot to prove, and he would fire up the team. He also cannot possibly take penalties that are worse than some of Landeskogs.

I know everyone's worried about cap space, but you can go over the cap 10% in the offseason and the avs till have pieces to trade, and still have the ability to surprise us with mack or Barrie's contract.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I'd say we should close this up for the day. Rads is just as much a part of free agent frenzy as anyone else. Try to keep the discussion in one place.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I'd say we should close this up for the day. Rads is just as much a part of free agent frenzy as anyone else. Try to keep the discussion in one place.

That's a fair point.

Thread Closed (for the time being...maybe forever)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad