Pre-Game Talk: Oh Great. Another Game | Leafs @ Flyers | Saturday @ 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Aside from Eichel or McDavid, I really don't care where the leafs pick after Top 2. The top 10 has so many good players, it's amazing. Provorov, Marner, Kylington... one of you babies come home <3

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I can't help hoping the leafs win because I'm a leafs fan.

I totally understand, but sadly, for the first time in my life.....I am not even upset when they lose. And coming from a guy that has witnessed this team hoist the cup......has witnessed the Ballard years....watched guys like Sittler/Lanny get booted like garbage.....watched guys traded just for scoring 50 goals instead of paying him. (Vaive)

My father worked for MLSE (before it was called that) for 14 years. My family has held season tickets since the '50s. I have, in seasons past, stood on my soapbox and chastised many of you for hoping this team would lose and tank.....for which I now apologize.

Even during those crap times....I was always passionate about wins and losses. The fact that I really don't care if they lose anymore is a statement to the disconnect both the players and management have created with loyal fans. It's time to fix this pathetic franchise in every facet. Roster....management and culture.

Sorry about the rant guys.....:(

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
The last time the Leafs played Philly the final score was 7-4 for the Flyers with Giroux and Voracek with 4 point nights.

Will be interesting to see now how they fare when they try to defend and play a more conservative style.

On paper this looks like 2 fairly evenly matched teams in NHL standings, goals for and goals against comparisons YTD.

This could be a coin toss as to who is the favourite in this game.

Simcoe23

Feb 2, 2011
Everyone in the bottom 10 of the NHL standing has gained ground on us over the last 10, and now we're at 6% to get the 1st pick.

Heart says win, head says lose- but lose while working hard and appeasing the analytics junkies who say we have been playing some of the best possession hockey of the year, yet plummeting down the standings while doing so.

Im hoping for a 6-5 loss and Franson & Lupol get 5 points each, then I wake up tomorrow morning to them being traded and Reimer in a 3-way deal that nets us a kings ransom, then we just resign ourselves to whats going on here and spend the last 30 games getting ready for the future.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I totally understand, but sadly, for the first time in my life.....I am not even upset when they lose. And coming from a guy that has witnessed this team hoist the cup......has witnessed the Ballard years....watched guys like Sittler/Lanny get booted like garbage.....watched guys traded just for scoring 50 goals instead of paying him. (Vaive)

My father worked for MLSE (before it was called that) for 14 years. My family has held season tickets since the '50s. I have, in seasons past, stood on my soapbox and chastised many of you for hoping this team would lose and tank.....for which I now apologize.

Even during those crap times....I was always passionate about wins and losses. The fact that I really don't care if they lose anymore is a statement to the disconnect both the players and management have created with loyal fans. It's time to fix this pathetic franchise in every facet. Roster....management and culture.

Sorry about the rant guys.....:(

I feel the same way. I don't even care if they lose anymore. I really don't like half the players that we currently have.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
B8n6_jhIEAA9EdI.png:large

Draglikepull ‏@draglikepull 5h5 hours ago
Lost amid the Leafs scoring troubles is a remarkable defensive turnaround (I've removed empty net and shootout goals)

Not that I am complaining about the results as it helps organization move into new direction getting rid of garbage on the roster

but this is pretty telling.....

Did you also remove empty net and shoot-out goals from the games Carlyle coached? No? Then you are completely skewing he results

Horachek is ****ing garbage and hasn't done jack **** to improve the defense

iceblue

Jul 30, 2004
Myrtle Beach
Great title for the pre-game post. I just realized there was another game tonight and instead of my usual excitement I was sort of sick....

BigWilly

May 6, 2012
Ontario
Did you also remove empty net and shoot-out goals from the games Carlyle coached? No? Then you are completely skewing he results

Horachek is ****ing garbage and hasn't done jack **** to improve the defense

I can guarantee you that the original tweeter did :laugh:

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
The 3rd place Wizards are taking on the 2nd place Raptors tonight. Although the Raptors are coming off a game yesterday that had to go to OT, I'd bet quite a bit that it'll be a lot more interesting to watch than this.

I'm predicting the Leafs will score no more than 2 goals and blame the loss on goaltending.

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050
Leafs juggle lines again: Lupul-Kadri-Winnik. van Riemsdyk-Bozak-Kessel. Komarov-Holland-Santorelli. Panik-Smith-Clarkson.

Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 52m52 minutes ago
James Reimer starts tonight for the Leafs in Philadelphia.

JVR-Bozak-Kessel are still together...

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
Panik should sit as he has been invisible since his concussion. Booth sitting is just stupid. Had a strong game against Arizona the other night. At least Booth drives to the net.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
The last time the Leafs played Philly the final score was 7-4 for the Flyers with Giroux and Voracek with 4 point nights.

Will be interesting to see now how they fare when they try to defend and play a more conservative style.

On paper this looks like 2 fairly evenly matched teams in NHL standings, goals for and goals against comparisons YTD.

This could be a coin toss as to who is the favourite in this game.

I don't see it as a coin toss at all. Leafs have very little chance tonight.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I don't see it as a coin toss at all. Leafs have very little chance tonight.

I believe I recall you posting previously that you expected wins during the Carolina, NJ and Arizona games and the team lost them all.

So are you deploying reverse psychology here in hopes of expecting a loss and hoping it results in a win?

I'm expecting a win as odds are in favour of Leafs not losing 9 straight games.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Panik should sit as he has been invisible since his concussion. Booth sitting is just stupid. Had a strong game against Arizona the other night. At least Booth drives to the net.

• David Booth has gone 18 straight without a goal.
• Richard Panik had gone 11 straight without a goal before being scratched against Arizona.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad