Pre-Game Talk: Oh Great. Another Game | Leafs @ Flyers | Saturday @ 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
"I don't think it's fair to judge core for missing the playoffs this year. They had injuries to Phaneuf, Lupul, Booth, Kozun, they're still adjusting to a new system, new role players, I still believe this is the team that went to game 7/went 10-1-1/can beat Boston occasionally. The jerseys, obviously uh, we have a very passionate fanbase...Clarkson uh, the character of this guy...culture...Dion's leadership...um, accountability..."

*Nonis wakes up covered in sweat*

Who are you quoting?

Rymistri

Jun 17, 2011
Ottawa
"I don't think it's fair to judge core for missing the playoffs this year. They had injuries to Phaneuf, Lupul, Booth, Kozun, they're still adjusting to a new system, new role players, I still believe this is the team that went to game 7/went 10-1-1/can beat Boston occasionally. The jerseys, obviously uh, we have a very passionate fanbase...Clarkson uh, the character of this guy...culture...Dion's leadership...um, accountability..."

*Nonis wakes up covered in sweat*

:handclap:

It funny and sad because I can actually picture him saying this.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
James Mirtle @mirtle
"The Las Vegas Wranglers have voluntarily withdrawn from Membership in the ECHL." Here comes the big leagues..

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
This could be the game where playoff odds rear absolute Zero.

Lost to Arizona 1-3, playoff odds down 2.5 to 1.8%.

Leafs now down to a mere 1.8% odds of making the playoffs entering this game.

One has to wonder if once the pressure is off if we will see a response from this team. Maybe the games and entertainment will increase once they don't have anything left to play for.

You like math? Take the limit of GP to 82 and you'll be surprised(or not) that the limit converges. Want to know what it converges to? 0. That's our playoff chances. Updating after every game is pointless. We already know where this train wreck is headed.

FlyingLeafus

But what about the playoffs?
Jan 4, 2009
Milton
What are the odds this is where they start winning now that the pressure of making the playoffs is over and losses are expected of them?

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
I wont be able to watch :handclap: Happy I won't have to fight the morbid curiosity of watching them play.

TheOneArmedMan

Jan 17, 2011
What are the odds this is where they start winning now that the pressure of making the playoffs is over and losses are expected of them?

This team can't even beat bottom feeder teams what makes you think they are going to start playing now?

I have a feeling they are going to get spanked by Philly.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Despite Horachuk wanting to espouse positivity, I believe this team is crushed.

My greatest fear is that somehow, the change is so great at the trade deadline, that they ruin
their chances at a top 5 pick.

They should lose to Philly and Nashville
Edmonton, I'm a bit worried about (winning).

TheLeafsBro

Mar 14, 2014
London, ON
Even if we dramatically turn around our play, there's only so much improvement we can make until deadline approaches and players are sold for picks. That'll take the momentum right out of us again and see us through to a good pick. The only worry I have is if we improve our play, string together some wins, and management gets cold feet about selling players while we're starting to win again. THAT WOULD SUCK. But I have at least some faith that Shanny's camp is smarter than letting another winning streak illusion stop the selling plans. Until Nonis is fired though, I'll always be worried about what the plans are for deadline and the off-season. I understand the general consensus is that he will be fired but until that happens there's always going to be that pocket of doubt in me. It's not like we have any solid inside information that says Shanny will fire Nonis. We just see it as common sense knowing how awful of a GM Nonis is so we logically conclude that surely he will be let go.

Last edited:

leafstilldeath*

B8n6_jhIEAA9EdI.png:large

Draglikepull ‏@draglikepull 5h5 hours ago
Lost amid the Leafs scoring troubles is a remarkable defensive turnaround (I've removed empty net and shootout goals)

Not that I am complaining about the results as it helps organization move into new direction getting rid of garbage on the roster

but this is pretty telling.....

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
I feel like we'll win this game unfortunately. Philly will come in half-assing it because we're such a joke and then remember they have a **** goalie somewhere in the 3rd period when we're up 4-0. Tie the game with 4 goals in 5 minutes and then Clarktard will fall on a puck and slide into their net and it'll be ruled a good goal. Nonis will then high five the kyle kid and say "thats my boy".

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

Lost amid the Leafs scoring troubles is a remarkable defensive turnaround (I've removed empty net and shootout goals)

Not that I am complaining about the results as it helps organization move into new direction getting rid of garbage on the roster

Yeah. Shaved off 5 shots/game and .5 GA/G.

I know our offense has completely dried up but that was even a factor in the last few games Carlyle coached.

It's the revenge of the corsi. Leafs actually get good chances but can't find the back of the net.

The Leafs won't be shooting so badly for a lot longer. If we start shooting at 10% again, we're going to start winning games.

leafstilldeath*

Yeah. Shaved off 5 shots/game and .5 GA/G.

I know our offense has completely dried up but that was even a factor in the last few games Carlyle coached.

It's the revenge of the corsi. Leafs actually get good chances but can't find the back of the net.

The Leafs won't be shooting so badly for a lot longer. If we start shooting at 10% again, we're going to start winning games.

Can't blame horachek with only a handful of games behind the bench and changing the system on the fly without training camp.
That said, I don't believe he will be a top notch NHL head coach. He doesn't know how to play the situation IMO.

If Leafs start winning games I would be ticked off. I'd rather the drop to the last place or as close to the last place than just finish outside the playoffs. Making the playoffs is next to impossible from now on.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010

This is a lie.

Leafs are giving up 3.2 GA/G under Horachek

Do the calculations yourself http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/schedule.htm

leafstilldeath*

please explain,

horachek has played 10 games and let in 32 goals where you get 2.6 from?

remove EN and shootout goal from goals against = 26 goals against in 10 games i.e. 2.6GA/G since Jan 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad