Speculation: Offseason Thread XIX: Alright, Alright, Alright...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
If I had to make a top 10 list I dislike about NYRHFB, posts with a repeated list of more than 2 sequential trade proposals would be close to the top.
It's very hard to do a single significant trade in NHL. Two is close to impossible. More than 2? Unless it's a dumpster sale - pure fantasy world and a waste of time to entertain.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Can we not begin to all collectively **** on bern here? It's not relevant to this thread. Go make a new thread and complain about it if you dislike his posts so much.

When does camp for TCT start? Isn't the first game on the 16th? I would imagine they'd want at least two days to practice or something. I honestly don't recall what they did last year :(

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Can this not be a thread to **** on bern? It's not relevant to this thread. Go make a new thread and complain about it if you dislike his posts so much.

When does camp for TCT start? Isn't the first game on the 16th? I would imagine they'd want at least two days to practice or something. I honestly don't recall what they did last year :(

Seriously. This off-season needs to end already.

Last edited:

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
If I had to make a top 10 list I dislike about NYRHFB, posts with a repeated list of more than 2 sequential trade proposals would be close to the top.
It's very hard to do a single significant trade in NHL. Two is close to impossible. More than 2? Unless it's a dumpster sale - pure fantasy world and a waste of time to entertain.

Exactly.

Trades involving more than 1 player, plus a pick or two on each side, are incredibly rare.

Teams also don't trade players they just signed (or re-signed, or extended).

Teams also don't flip assets they just acquired in another deal.

Teams also don't turn over half their roster in a single offseason.

Could you come up with one example? Maybe, but it's incredibly, incredibly rare.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado

I can't recall how they did it in years past either. Only info I can find is the game schedules and roster breakdowns. We play Carolina at 4PM on Friday. I'd assume they let them practice together at least on Thursday, but not sure.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Exactly.

Trades involving more than 1 player, plus a pick or two on each side, are incredibly rare.

Could you come up with one example? Maybe, but it's incredibly, incredibly rare.

The only difference between bern's proposals and every other proposal in this thread is that at least bern's are fun to read. And if you don't want to read them, scrolling past it really isn't that hard :dunno:

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Exactly.

Why you gotta think so inside the box, bruh? :sarcasm:

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Rick Nash. I was reading a few articles from 2012. Nash was willing to waive his NMC for the Rangers,Flyers,Penguins,Sharks, Boston and Detroit. That was according to Aaron Portzline. Nash has 12 teams on his limited NTC list. The Wings made a big offer for Nash in 2012. They are most likely still interested. Look at their roster. Not much there. Would you take Nyquist or Tatar for Nash? Gustav is signed for 3 more years at $4.75M. NTC in the last 2 years. Contract is back loaded. Tatar has another season left at $2.75M. He is arbitration eligible in 2017. Group III in 2018. It will cost nearly $5M to re-sign him. No interest in taking on those crazy long term contracts for role players & 3rd pair D. Their system has a few decent prospects. None of them are considered sure fire NHL players for the next 10 years. Can Gorton can a Gaborik type return for Nash at the deadline? Same amount of term remaining. Only $300K more cap hit wise. Go back and read the Gaborik trade thread. How could the Rangers trade their best sniper for spare parts? Brassard ended up being their top center the last 2 years.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Rick Nash. I was reading a few articles from 2012. Nash was willing to waive his NMC for the Rangers,Flyers,Penguins,Sharks, Boston and Detroit. That was according to Aaron Portzline. Nash has 12 teams on his limited NTC list. The Wings made a big offer for Nash in 2012. They are most likely still interested. Look at their roster. Not much there. Would you take Nyquist or Tatar for Nash? Gustav is signed for 3 more years at $4.75M. NTC in the last 2 years. Contract is back loaded. Tatar has another season left at $2.75M. He is arbitration eligible in 2017. Group III in 2018. It will cost nearly $5M to re-sign him. No interest in taking on those crazy long term contracts for role players & 3rd pair D. Their system has a few decent prospects. None of them are considered sure fire NHL players for the next 10 years. Can Gorton can a Gaborik type return for Nash at the deadline? Same amount of term remaining. Only $300K more cap hit wise. Go back and read the Gaborik trade thread. How could the Rangers trade their best sniper for spare parts? Brassard ended up being their top center the last 2 years.

Did he want to go to Detroit, or did he want to play for Babcock?

Still think of all possible destinations for Nash, SJ makes the most sense. I'd rather keep him for this season, but SJ makes the most sense.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

People can also modify their quotes by doing this to reduce space. This should be done more regularly and not just to one person. This isn't about bullying Bern. Other people can responsibly reduce post sizes too by doing something this simple.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

The Gaborik trade was an interesting one. Dorsett was very terrible and Moore really didn't show anything once AV took over, so the trade was essentially Gaborik for Brassard. I hated trading Gaborik at the time. I'm still 50/50 on if I would do that trade again. AV would have had a lot of fun with Gaborik, who I feel is more talented than Brassard in a vacuum. However Brassard was obviously very good for the Rangers too. It's an interesting trade.

If the Rangers can move Nash for a similarly structured deal (and there are some comparisons) I think you have to do it. That being said we don't know if it what Babcock or Holland that pushed for Nash. Also, I think the Rangers will find it easier to move Nash next summer as an expiring contract, especially if he rehabs some of his value this season. I rate both Nyquist and Tatar. I think Nyquist has a very fair market level contract and who knows what Tatar commands as a UFA. They are similar players in someways so taking either is kind of a Toss up for me because I haven't seen enough of either. I would want Sproul in that kind of a deal too. But again a lot depends on what direction Detroit wants to go in.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Bern is easily one of my favorite posters here, but complaining about his posts is unnecessary.

Find something better to argue about, like the team maybe?

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Exactly.

The only thing that comes to mind in the last 5 years is Tampa acquired someone, then traded him in order to fit stralman

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Only thing to do with Nash right now is pray he finds his game again and drives up his trade value. I'm sure there are a few teams around the league right now who kicked the tires, but are content on hoping a kid steps up in camp or a new piece comes available after camp comes to a close.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
1. Kudos for showing an open mind:handclap::handclap::handclap:

2 Quick thank you for an informative, intelligent post.:yo::yo::yo:

I disagree with some of the assumptions, but I will be a good guy here and after explaining why I disagree, I will respect this post on your terms and answer it based on your assumptions.

However, swamped for at least coupla days, anything other than short blurb reply not possible til then.

Til then

I want to know more about the bern process. Is there a chalkboard involved?

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I want to know more about the bern process. Is there a chalkboard involved?

I'm convinced he and Savant throw ideas around in their trade proposal office before heading to the forums. Its like they're the same person.

I do enjoy reading berns posts. I dont agree with most of it and I'll trade Kreider 90 times over before Mcdonagh or zucc, but still it's entertaining to go through

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad