Offseason Thread Part III

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Gregor asked Seravalli on the pod if Grubauer signing in Seattle and leaving Sakic with no options drive up the price on Kuemper and Seravalli said no that was always the price. It was just at that point Sakic was finally willing to pay it.

Also Bill Armstrong said Hepple was adamant on Timmins being the prospect all along.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Gregor asked Seravalli on the pod if Grubauer signing in Seattle and leaving Sakic with no options drive up the price on Kuemper and Seravalli said no that was always the price. It was just at that point Sakic was finally willing to pay it.

Also Bill Armstrong said Hepple was adamant on Timmins being the prospect all along.

Makes sense given they were asking for Newhook at one point.

I could see Byram ending the season in the top-4, so I’ll say him.

I kinda think Bo’s breakout season is still a couple years away, but I love his overall skill-set. I think he’s going to be a real key piece, especially if/when a guy like Murray/Johnson gets injured.

I'd love to see a Byram-Johnson third pairing to start the year, and play Girard on the right with Murray to start. But I honestly believe Byram will a regular in the top four by the Olympic break, even without EJ/Murray getting injured. For me, Byram's big goal this year isn't necessarily his play, which IMO he proved last year he can play very well in the NHL, but staying healthy and avoiding big hits while he's has the body of a teenager.

As far as Calder voting, I don't think Byram will generate enough steam. On the Avs he won't be in a role to create the numbers needed unless Makar and Girard go down for significant time.

I also don't think Newhook is ready for a top six role in the NHL. I know that's where he probably needs to be if you want to continue to develop him right, but I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed in his production this year. My guess is the vast majority of Newhook points come from Kadri/Burakovsky playing out of their minds in contract years.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Something to enjoy this Sunday morning:

That last Vegas goal really had my confidence the highest it had been all season and had me thinking this could be their year. It was not their year.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
When can we expect cheap deals and PTO type things around the league?

Do you think we get another forward for camp?

I noticed earlier that Thornton signed in Florida, thought it was a fun one.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
When can we expect cheap deals and PTO type things around the league?

Do you think we get another forward for camp?

I noticed earlier that Thornton signed in Florida, thought it was a fun one.

For the Avs don’t they just kinda show up before camp and that’s when we find out? I feel like someone like @The Mars Volchenkov goes to one of those pre-camp skates and realizes there’s some new guy out there and that’s when we know.

Any CBJ vets out there without a contract?

Reactions: shadow1

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
5ZFVfpj.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Foppberg

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Damn should have traded Timmons for McDavid in that case

As a non-native English speaker, one day I wish someone would take a minute to explain to me why several people keep misspelling his name like that. It's always the same mistake, too.

Do people pronounce "on" and "in" the same way? Is it some kind of autocorrect on Android? Is "Timmons" a common name where you live? Why? :laugh:

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
As a non-native English speaker, one day I wish someone would take a minute to explain to me why several people keep misspelling his name like that. It's always the same mistake, too.

Do people pronounce "on" and "in" the same way? Is it some kind of autocorrect on Android? Is "Timmons" a common name where you live? Why? :laugh:
I would guess that the first couple of times it was somebody hit the "o" instead of the "i" on the keyboard. They are just besides each other. I think now people are just doing as a joke. It could have been Timmuns too. lol

Reactions: Balthazar

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Moving this discussion from the Jost thread

To be fair the Dickinson deal is a very nice one

Looking at the Canucks on Capfriendly and if Benning could resist the urge to sign UFA's to terrible contracts he'd be a decent GM.

Vancouver Canucks Salary Cap, Draft Picks, and Player Contracts - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Horvat, Garland, Miller and Boeser are all good contracts. Sounds like Hughes and Pettersson are about to sign bridge contracts at around 7M per which is good too.

Only bad contracts left are Myers (this one was terrible) and OEL (and this one is still a gamble at this point).

In the past 7-8 years all his bad moves have been on UFA's: Beagle, Eriksson, Roussel, Myers...

Also the Juolevi pick but that could happen to anyone. He then struck gold with EP and Hughes.

Reactions: Foppberg

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
It was about $900 full season per seat attack twice corner, 3rd level, row 12 or something. If you're a first time season ticket member they have deals, which that is.
So unfair lol. It’ll cost me about that double that to watch the Avs once just a few provinces away in Montreal lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad