Speculation: Offseason Thread III: ideas, proposals, general roster discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Maybe it's holidays or maybe I'm getting soft in my old age. But I'm really thankful for what we (hopefully) are going to get in a hockey season.

Everybody is crapping all over Ohio State and a little bit of Notre Dame for getting in the CFP. I'm just grateful we had a college football season. Some might crap all over the NHL divisions, or the scheduling, or the length of season, or the whatever. I'm just grateful we are going to get some hockey.

I had the sniffles and out of caution went and got tested. Nobody more surprised than me when it was positive. The 14 day quarantine was tough. I can't imagine what the NHL players went through in the two bubbles. Or what the college football teams went through without seeing their families. Yes, I think the 13 person committee royally jobbed several teams. And I think some NHL teams have gotten, and are going to get jobbed. But I'm just grateful for what they are trying to do.

This has been tough on lots of people.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Maybe it's holidays or maybe I'm getting soft in my old age. But I'm really thankful for what we (hopefully) are going to get in a hockey season.

Everybody is crapping all over Ohio State and a little bit of Notre Dame for getting in the CFP. I'm just grateful we had a college football season. Some might crap all over the NHL divisions, or the scheduling, or the length of season, or the whatever. I'm just grateful we are going to get some hockey.

I had the sniffles and out of caution went and got tested. Nobody more surprised than me when it was positive. The 14 day quarantine was tough. I can't imagine what the NHL players went through in the two bubbles. Or what the college football teams went through without seeing their families. Yes, I think the 13 person committee royally jobbed several teams. And I think some NHL teams have gotten, and are going to get jobbed. But I'm just grateful for what they are trying to do.

This has been tough on lots of people.
Glad you are doing better
Stay well

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
If college football and the NFL has shown us anything, we should be prepared for a crazy 2021 season. We can expect players testing positive, false positives, roster shuffling, and general mayhem. It should be interesting and nerve racking

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Agreed on the STL/MIN/DAL thing. Confusing.

This bit about division-only is confusing too. The only thing I can think is to limit the total number of contacts?

I'm guessing it was more for consistency across the league. You have to do only intra-division games for the North division, so to keep it simple, all divisions will be intra-division play only. Plus the added benefit of limiting travel/contacts/logistical issues as icing on the cake, but not the primary driver.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Will the rosters be expanded any? Being able to carry a few extra guys would definitely help

I have read about a "taxi squad" of 3-4 players but not sure how it will affect cap (probably won't unless they play) or if it will last beyond the start of the AHL. Other question I don't know is if guys on two-ways will be paid NHL salary.

Reactions: lilfedor

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
I have read about a "taxi squad" of 3-4 players but not sure how it will affect cap (probably won't unless they play) or if it will last beyond the start of the AHL. Other question I don't know is if guys on two-ways will be paid NHL salary.

That likely doesn't bode well for the AHL. Best case they will have a diluted product, worse case may not be much of a season.

lilfedor

Feb 16, 2016
Cleveland, OH
It’s a little over a week before the pre season camp starts and PLD is still not signed
He will be.

Jarmo is waiting for other teams that are up shit creek to crumble under the pressure of the cap and trade their players.

Maybe a reunion with Marshy (VGK) or we are able to snag Cirelli (TB) or a team like Winnipeg decides they’re open to trading Laine, or Calgary parts with Johnny Hockey.

Patience.

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I don’t see any moves at all. Bemstrom/Texier showed no signs of being top level scorers so I’m not sure why they could just do it this season but Jarmo will put all the scoring on them and a slumping Atkinson and an injury prone Bjorkstrand.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
If they're in the thick of things, they're buying. We know Jarmo. He's a gunslinger. And the team really doesn't need more accumulation of youth.
Or we are completely out of it with trade-able out of contract assets that teams would love to have for a playoff push.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad