Speculation: Offseason Thread III: ideas, proposals, general roster discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
A tale as old as time.

I believe the thought was PLD's camp wanted to get a comp off of Barzal's contract. But Barzal remains unsigned.

With a flat cap, it's probably in everyone's best interest to go with a 2-3 year bridge deal (just replicate Werenski's contract more or less). I can see the argument for something like an 8x8ish but the team's finances are going to be screwed this year. PLD probably personally benefits by signing short-term now and then a max deal in a couple years, but there is some risk in that (injury, Torts continues to not use him on the PP regularly, deflating his point totals, etc.).
The bolded deserves kudos for calling it in advance. Not the same term as Z's contract, but it ends at the same time, and with the same cap hit.

Reactions: DarkandStormy

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Well not if you don't open the link. :laugh:

I would say that is as close to a "fact" as we're going to get in that particular "Prima Donna Josh Anderson" debate.

All I wanna say is that this same defense of Anderson was there for Johansen, for years up until.....right now, I guess. Now we have people acting as if Jojo being a bad teammate was always accepted by most, HA-HA-HA. Funny.

Many times people using 1-2 “professional” quotes from a teammates interview as “proof” that they are well liked in the room. When in reality, much of what is said to the media barely touches on what is REALLY going on behind the scenes.

Or in regards to Mackenzie and other “insider reports”, we still get the “hardest worker in the gym” nonsense spouted by people about Bobrovsky when you can clearly see his “Gumby build” in all those shirtless summer/Panarin pics.

We have people (you, major) who STILL spout the “great teammate” stuff about Bobby even AFTER we HAD public comments and leaked meetings questioning his commitment to the team.

As Seth Jones said about his starting goalie at the time that people thought and claimed was a healthy relationship, “it is was it is”......

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Not to mention, NICK FOLIGNO IS A MORE SKILLED HOCKEY PLAYER AND GOAL SCORER THAN JOSH ANDERSON.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Allegedly 20 teams reached out to him...he chose Washington

1 thing I “love” about the negativity on this board is the idea that every decision made by a player or another GM in the league (whether perceived or proven as good/bad) is held against Jarmo as if he/the CBJ was seen as a legit option/destination.

Then again, that Columbus ISN’T a likely destination for many seems to be what hurts some of you guys the most for some reason.

It’s hilarious really, the 1 thing that led me to be a CBJ fan is what many of you Ohio/Columbus natives have the most disdain for, in regards to the franchise/team.

If you guys don’t embrace the “blue collar”/ “underdog” mindset (ignoring the accuracy of said opinion or capability of the current team) WHY do you even continue to be “fans” of the Columbus Blue Jackets??

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
All I wanna say is that this same defense of Anderson was there for Johansen, for years up until.....right now, I guess. Now we have people acting as if Jojo being a bad teammate was always accepted by most, HA-HA-HA. Funny.

Many times people using 1-2 “professional” quotes from a teammates interview as “proof” that they are well liked in the room. When in reality, much of what is said to the media barely touches on what is REALLY going on behind the scenes.

I can't speak for everyone but I've always thought of those two players as polar opposites. Johansen's work ethic was widely disparaged, even before he was traded. There were numerous statements to that effect all over the boards and even coming from the FO. His teammates often deflected on that question, I found it clear enough. No has ever had to ask if Anderson is working hard enough. He isn't the most skilled guy out there, that I'd agree on. His will to do whatever it takes is why he's a relevant player and why he got hurt in the first place.

Or in regards to Mackenzie and other “insider reports”, we still get the “hardest worker in the gym” nonsense spouted by people about Bobrovsky when you can clearly see his “Gumby build” in all those shirtless summer/Panarin pics.

We have people (you, major) who STILL spout the “great teammate” stuff about Bobby even AFTER we HAD public comments and leaked meetings questioning his commitment to the team.

As Seth Jones said about his starting goalie at the time that people thought and claimed was a healthy relationship, “it is was it is”......

Bob as the hardest worker has popped up in so many places. I don't know if it's bull, I don't think if we could tell from the build of a goalie. On the ice he is incredibly explosive in his movements. Bob's failures as a teammate came very late in his tenure. It was serious stuff but nothing work-ethic related, mostly just a very aggrieved person that could not handle their situation gracefully.

Reactions: Viqsi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad