Speculation: Offseason Thread III: ideas, proposals, general roster discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I kept digging and this is the closest I could find to George's "$6m+" claim, and it's not close.

From Porty, passed on by Elliotte Friedman, Sept 28th, 2017.

"Anderson is a restricted free agent. On Tuesday, The Athletic’s Aaron Portzline reported the team and player were “as little as $150,000 per year (apart) on a three-year contract — but both sides are standing firm on principle.”" 150k above the Blue Jackets offer is still only $2m. It's what you'd expect for a 17 goal scorer coming off an ELC, not some outlandish prima donna request like $6m+ where you would question if the player is delusional.

Last edited by a moderator:

GeorgeReznik1

Dec 21, 2020
I kept digging and this is the closest I could find to George's "$6m+" claim, and it's not close.

From Porty, passed on by Elliotte Friedman, Sept 28th, 2017.

"Anderson is a restricted free agent. On Tuesday, The Athletic’s Aaron Portzline reported the team and player were “as little as $150,000 per year (apart) on a three-year contract — but both sides are standing firm on principle.”" 150k above the Blue Jackets offer is still only $2m. It's what you'd expect for a 17 goal scorer coming off an ELC, not some outlandish prima donna request like $6m+ where you would question if the player is delusional.

No proof of Jarmos demands. No proof of playing for peanuts.

How strange.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Now why you gotta do Boone Jenner dirty like that lol

Anderson's career high is 27 goals (he played all 82 games that season). Are we just...rounding up?
Of course. I’ll also point out that Panarin never scored 30 goals in a CBJ uniform. Arguably the greatest talent to actually wear a CBJ uniform and he didn’t score 30 here.

And Duchene put up 30 exactly 1 time 5 years ago in an Avalanche uniform and only was essentially in Columbus barely long enough to spend the night on a road trip to Nashville.

GeorgeReznik1

Dec 21, 2020
Of course. I’ll also point out that Panarin never scored 30 goals in a CBJ uniform. Arguably the greatest talent to actually wear a CBJ uniform and he didn’t score 30 here.

And Duchene put up 30 exactly 1 time 5 years ago in an Avalanche uniform and only was essentially in Columbus barely long enough to spend the night on a road trip to Nashville.

And ?

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Thanks for proving it's made up, like I said all along.
It literally took me less than a minute to find this. You remind me of another person who started posting in the playoffs, had the same attitude and lack of knowledge. He (or she) lasted 16 days. Your posts read exactly like theirs.

GeorgeReznik1

Dec 21, 2020
It literally took me less than a minute to find this. You remind me of another person who started posting in the playoffs, had the same attitude and lack of knowledge. He (or she) lasted 16 days. Your posts read exactly like theirs.

Still no source or proof. How weird.

GeorgeReznik1

Dec 21, 2020
Well, still haven't seen your source.
Essentially, the qualifying offer has been expired for over two months according to McKenzie. The most similar option to that would be signing a one-year deal at the salary laid out by the qualifying offer, however it seems like that ship has sailed at this point.

I find it quite convenient you never read this part of your article. Weird how he was so willing and all for signing for peanuts until he wasn't.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Josh was NEVER willing to play for Peanuts. He was DEMANDING 6+ plus long term or nothing at all at the time. He felt he was the franchise golden boy that should be paid handsomely, he had proved absolutely nothing to that point besides a fluke season.
url
tenor.gif

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
The ship had sailed from CBJ's point of veiw. They weren't going to offer him a one year deal. He still would have taken the one year deal because he wanted arbitration. Had you kept reading it says his camp wanted a one year deal or higher 3 year deal. No where does it say he wanted 6 mil. per year. Still waiting for your source on that.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I'll start freaking out about PLD on Monday.

Dubois is represented by Pat Brisson, who happens to also represent Zach Werenski. Z signed three days before camp in 2019. No one mentions that contract negotiation as being contentious.

Brisson also represents Seth Jones, Alex Wennberg, Jack Johnson, Steffan Matteau, and several other former Jackets. None of them are in the group of "things going sour." Some were late - Wennberg signed Sept. 1st coming off his ELC.

The PLD thing now that I've looked into it seems like Porty stirring the pot more than anything. He notes there's nothing new to report, it's expected to get done, and PLD has been practicing with teammates in Columbus. Yawn.

Not to get into another Porty argument, but if he said:

“Negotiations are fine with PLD. His camp is waiting to see what Barzal gets. Barzal is waiting to see what PLD gets. Both will be signed and in camp, but not until right before camp starts. Because this is how the game is played.”

that doesn’t get him many clicks and people won’t be waiting for his next update. So he adds some drama. And people are waiting to see what Porty says next.

GeorgeReznik1

Dec 21, 2020
The ship had sailed from CBJ's point of veiw. They weren't going to offer him a one year deal. He still would have taken the one year deal because he wanted arbitration. Had you kept reading it says his camp wanted a one year deal or higher 3 year deal. No where does it say he wanted 6 mil. per year. Still waiting for your source on that.

Come on man, even your own sourced link says youre wrong. You really can't be serious.

No where does it say he would sign for peanuts but here we are people regurgitating that bullshit.

Reactions: Fro

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Not to get into another Porty argument, but if he said:

“Negotiations are fine with PLD. His camp is waiting to see what Barzal gets. Barzal is waiting to see what PLD gets. Both will be signed and in camp, but not until right before camp starts. Because this is how the game is played.”

that doesn’t get him many clicks and people won’t be waiting for his next update. So he adds some drama. And people are waiting to see what Porty says next.
I don't recall anyone ever actually stating they were going to wait and see what Barzal gets. It is just merely speculation among people here because they are semi comparable players. He had 85 points 3 years ago but right around 60 in the 2 years since. It would only make sense that their contracts would be similar. If there is a stalemate between the sides in negotiation they could then look at the other's contract for whoever signs first to use as the comparable.

I don't recall him ever bringing it up and Barzal's name certainly isn't mentioned in the latest article.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Jack Roslovic in a CBJ sweater? I’d be ok with that but the problem with the roster is too many guys for for certain roles and not enough guys for others and Jack is the former.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I’m glad to see this lengthy debate taking place. It’s not that I have anything to contribute, rather it’s that it blunted the conversation about bringing Jack Roslovic here to fill a badly needed (cough, cough) bottom six role. :sarcasm:

Reactions: thebus88 and cslebn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad