Speculation: Offseason Thread II: ideas, proposals, general roster discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Can someone explain why people says nobody wants to be at Columbus? Whats wrong with the city?
I would totally have stayed if Columbus could have been moved to North Carolina and my new job :sarcasm:

I’m totally kidding. CBJW10 (dude you need to change your name btw :wally damn that emoji is huge) pretty much has the read of it.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I would totally have stayed if Columbus could have been moved to North Carolina and my new job :sarcasm:

I’m totally kidding. CBJW10 (dude you need to change your name btw :wally damn that emoji is huge) pretty much has the read of it.

Name change is coming.

Reactions: Socks

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Can someone explain why people says nobody wants to be at Columbus? Whats wrong with the city?

They cut pizza into little rectangles...no ocean..no famous landmarks...Blue Jackets takes a history major to know what that means...:sarcasm:

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
In The Athletic today, Porty speculates that the 3rd D pair will be Kukan and Peeke...but also that they might struggled to get to double digits each night?? I just don't see that in what is likely to be a condensed season.
I agree. Simple math would tell us if the top pair averages 26 min/gm and the 2nd pair 22 min/gm, that leaves 12 min/gm for 3rd pair. And I don't see the top 2 pairs with average that high. I see 14-15 min per game for the 3rd pair. If it's less, we have a bad 3rd pair.

Reactions: DarkandStormy

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
They cut pizza into little rectangles...no ocean..no famous landmarks...Blue Jackets takes a history major to know what that means...:sarcasm:

THEY DO WHAT WITH PIZZA?! NO! This clear things up. Jones and Z are gone.

Reactions: Viqsi

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Reactions: JacketsDavid

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Any timeline when and how NHL starts? In Finland things are actually running pretty well, 50% is the max for audience. 10000-->5000 7500--->3750 etc. Masks on or dont get in. Can NHL run as same? I think 8000fans is better than 0 if its safe.

Reactions: Fro

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Any timeline when and how NHL starts? In Finland things are actually running pretty well, 50% is the max for audience. 10000-->5000 7500--->3750 etc. Masks on or dont get in. Can NHL run as same? I think 8000fans is better than 0 if its safe.

Doubt the NHL starts without at least some fans in the stands. My guess is January 1st start but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was February with a reduced schedule.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio

Much of the US and western Canada have been setting coronavirus records recently. Ohio has been setting records and new restrictions are being put in place. In Columbus, the children’s hospital is now admitting young adults (up to age 26) to free up beds in other hospitals.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Doubt the NHL starts without at least some fans in the stands. My guess is January 1st start but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was February with a reduced schedule.

I think there's less than zero chance the NHL will start with fans in the stands. Way more likely that there's a variation of the bubble/hub city to start.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I think there's less than zero chance the NHL will start with fans in the stands. Way more likely that there's a variation of the bubble/hub city to start.

The nhl has made it pretty clear that if there is no fans, there is likely no season

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
The nhl has made it pretty clear that if there is no fans, there is likely no season

Have no clue where you pulled this from, but Bettman has always said starting the season with no fans is an option, with a move to possibly adding fans later in the season:

"I'm just throwing it out there as a random thought: It's conceivable that we start without fans, that we move to socially distant fans at some point and by some point in time, maybe, our buildings are open," he said. "I'm not saying that's the case, but if you're thinking through all of the conceivable possibilities — there's full, there's empty, there's a combination — and again, how we start doesn't necessarily mean that's how we have to finish."

NHL 2021: How games, alignment and schedule could look for next season

And with cases rising exponentially in Columbus/Franklin County, having fans at CBJ home games any time soon is a pipe dream.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
There's absolutely no way there are fans in the stands if there is a season. We're gonna see another spike post holidays, things are going to get way worse before they get better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad