Speculation: Offseason Thread #3: Literally Summer / Nothing Is Superior to Something Dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I like Shattenkirk a lot but if they move serious assets for a soon to be UFA again it will really try my patience.

Blues need a C though with Backes leaving. Stepan for Shattenkirk +? Hayes for Shattenkirk? Could see it.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
The locals are getting restless. Gorton better make a move soon. Then when he does those same locals will complain about making said move.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I like Shattenkirk a lot but if they move serious assets for a soon to be UFA again it will really try my patience.

Blues need a C though with Backes leaving. Stepan for Shattenkirk +? Hayes for Shattenkirk? Could see it.
It would probably have to be Brassard/Stepan in order to make space. Blues would have to add a bit IMO. Thought often during the playoffs Brassard would be a great "Blue". Shattenkirk is exactly what this team needs.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
I think were going to see Nash for Shattenkirk. Now if Step or Brass gets added, things will get interesting. I'd love to add Fabbri

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I think were going to see Nash for Shattenkirk. Now if Step or Brass gets added, things will get interesting. I'd love to add Fabbri
No chance on Fabbri, and I think Nash is a very distant 3rd in terms of interest to STL, behind Stepan and Brassard.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
On the bright side, at least Vesey signing with Toronto/Boston is not the given some claimed it to be.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007

Why trade assets for Shattenkirk if he wants to come here? Let him sign here July 1, 2017 and allow the Rangers to keep their assets.

THERE'S a big deal.

GREAT trade by Toronto. They may make the playoffs as early as next season.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn

Blues don't NEED a C, they have plenty. I think they'd like to add a top-flite C for Tarasenko, but C depth is currently Stastny/Backes/Berglund/Lehtera/Sobotka/Brodziak. Brodziak is gone, maybe Backes too, but that still leaves Stastny/Berglund/Lehtera/Sobotka. Steen also has played C for them at times, and Fabbri's natural position is C. They are over-run at the position, but maybe they feel Stepan is a 1C upgrade.

Last edited:

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Blues don't NEED a C, they have plenty. I think they'd like to add a top-flite C for Tarasenko, but C depth is currently Stastny/Backes/Lehtera/Sobotka/Brodziak. Brodziak is gone, maybe Backes too, but that still leaves Stastny/Berglund/Lehtera/Sobotka. Steen also has played C for them at times, and Fabbri's natural position is C. They are over-run at the position, but maybe they feel Stepan is a 1C upgrade.
Backes is a UFA and Steen is a 2017 UFA. I have a friend who is a Blues fan and he salivates at the thought of both Stepan and Brassard.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

Agreed. The Rangers need to get their cap situation and pipeline in order. And they need to do it in a deliberate and measured way. That doesn't include shoehorning in a guy thats going to split town in a year.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Nash with $2.8 retained for Shattenkirk.

Stepan to the Yotes for Dvorak, Hanzal and the #7.

Hanzal and the #7 to the Blue Jackets for the #3.

BOOM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad