Rumor: Offseason Rumors Thread #1 | Trade Milan, Milan So Far Away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
He is the General Manager and the President of Hockey Operations. I’ll give him the benefit at the draft and say those choices especially the 2-7th round picks aren’t really on him. But decisions like buying out players, trades and signing free agents are 100% him except the Griffin Reinhart deal, I give him a smidge of an exemption there as he was brand new on the job and the deal had probably been basically worked out before he was hired.

So you're actually under the impression that Chia assumes responsibility of 100 percent of those tasks. No input or research from anyone else in the organization? This isn't EA Sports.

Guy must be pulling 20 hour days.

Listen, I get that hes a complete boob. He's a terrible GM. But there are other voices in the organization who are also contributing to this mess, and ultimately his final decision. Which is why I think the statement I quoted is ludicrous

Last edited:

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Do you think Lucic will bounce back if given a chance?
Depends on the "chance".
If they force him on the top line and top pp unit again and he has a rough start then it is over for him.
Ideally they start him on Strome or Khaira line and get him to play his natural game until he finds his groove.
I have no issues with Lucic being an above average bottom6 winger next year.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Again, you wanted an answer. I gave you an answer.

You have no idea how many players Chia will be adding this summer.

So your answer is that we should throw away cap space instead of burying him in the ECHL if needed. That a player in the ECHL is more important than NHL cap space.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
So you're actually under the impression that Chia assumes responsibility of 100 percent of those tasks. No input or research from anyone else in the organization? This isn't EA Sports.

Guy must be pulling 20 hour days.

Listen, I get that hes a complete boob. He's a terrible GM. But there are other voices in the organization who are also contributing to this mess, and ultimately his final decision. Which is why I think the statement I quoted is ludicrous

There’s obviously input and research from others. What I’m saying is that Chia makes the decisions. Unless you are trying to say that the GM and president of the team doesn’t have input on who is bought out.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Depends on the "chance".
If they force him on the top line and top pp unit again and he has a rough start then it is over for him.
Ideally they start him on Strome or Khaira line and get him to play his natural game until he finds his groove.
I have no issues with Lucic being an above average bottom6 winger next year.

He'll probably start the year on Draisaitl's line and 1st PP unit with a short leash if he plays like he did last year.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Thats false.

Historically Eberle was a 0.7 ppg player. The year prior to season he was traded he was a 0.68 ppg player.

I guess he had trended down for basically 4 years. Him being removed from the top line and called out by the coach half way through that season must have been because he was doing so good

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
There’s obviously input and research from others. What I’m saying is that Chia makes the decisions. Unless you are trying to say that the GM and president of the team doesn’t have input on who is bought out.

Yes, he makes the decisions. But the comment was made at the original post I quoted, which acted as if Chia exclusively responsible for every single move that is made by the club by knocking his "budgeting" skills. The final decision? Sure. But there is people in his ear, which ultimately influences his decisions.

Prime example would be the Reinhart trade. The Oilers staff had a hard on for him years before Chia came. Which is why I have never faulted him for that trade.

Reactions: wokwithme

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

“I think the one team that’s really interesting to me… I do think Edmonton – that to me is the deal that Edmonton is all over. But what are you doing.”

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

I mentioned it in the main board thread, but I wonder if the Karlsson deal ends up being a three team trade like the last two major deals Ottawa has made have been. If St Louis is upgrading Parayko to Karlsson, maybe Ottawa would prefer Klefbom and a large quantity of additional assets over Parayko and less. Whatever the difference between a signed Karlsson and Klefbom is would ultimately go to Ottawa between the two teams.

One for one, I can't see a deal being made between us and St Louis for Parayko though.

Last edited:

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I guess he had trended down for basically 4 years. Him being removed from the top line and called out by the coach half way through that season must have been because he was doing so good

Your statement doesnt have a lot of validity.
I think you need to take a more critical look at the stats and understand exactly what you are looking at.

For example...something you can do at a glance is to take out the outlier 0.97 ppg season and then check the TOI of the remaining seasons.
Also factor in Eberles avg ppg which is like I said...approx 0.7 ppg.

Reactions: Aerrol

dem

Mar 17, 2002
What could we even give for Parayko?

I mean... we can’t afford to give up Drai or Nuge.. given our anemic offense. Puljujärvi and Yamamoto are our only hope for cheap scoring.

10th.. and what? Cupboard is bare.

10th/Ethan Bear/... Something rather large?

Klefbom and the 10th? Maybe? Doubt St. Louis bites

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB

I mean... we can’t afford to give up Drai or Nuge.. given our anemic offense. Puljujärvi and Yamamoto are our only hope for cheap scoring.

10th + Pulji + Bear is probably the best we could do. Maybe add in Klefbom.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009

Klefbom.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Klefbom and 10 is about as far as I could go....

Otherwise you’re going to lose the trade..

Klefbom/Bear/2nd Could be intriguing

Reactions: Aerchon

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
10th overall pick + 2019 1st round pick + Bear for Parayko

Klefbom for Gallagher

RNH-Mcdavid-Rattie
Lucic-Draisaitl-Gallagher
Strome-_____-Puljujarvi

Nurse-Parayko
Sekera-Larsson

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Klefbom and 10 is about as far as I could go....

Otherwise you’re going to lose the trade..

Agreed. But I do love the idea of Parayko, especially on Nurse's right side. They would be impossible to gain the zone against.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Honestly just makes no sense when they could just bury the guy without any real cap infractions. Katz wants some savings? I wouldnt care if the team wasnt against the cap, but this doesnt seem a logical decision.

That is the only reason this makes any sense. That or both Sekera and Lucic are heading out the door so we'll have a huge raise in available cap space. Regardless, this makes no sense except to save actual dollars for the owner. I mean in theory we could've traded him elsewhere and retained $300K in cap for this year and we'd still be better off than this.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Howabout RNH + 10 for Parayko + Fabbri
In a heartbeat. We get our top pairing RD man which we hope the 10th pick becomes. Downgrade from Nuge to Fabbri isn't too bad because we still have Strome and Drai that can play C. Also, I think Fabbri would be a great compliment to Mcdavid because of his speed, offensive iq, and solid shot. I would do that trade, then trade a 2nd for Burakovsky, Lucic to Carolina for Foegele, and trade next years 2nd + Benning for lehkonen.

Fabbri-Mcdavid-Bura
Lehkonen-Drai-Pulju
Foegele-Strome-Yamo
Khaira-X-Kassian

Nurse-Parayko
Klef-Larsson
Sekera-Russel

Talbot
Koskinen

Solid lineup.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Your statement doesnt have a lot of validity.
I think you need to take a more critical look at the stats and understand exactly what you are looking at.

For example...something you can do at a glance is to take out the outlier 0.97 ppg season and then check the TOI of the remaining seasons.
Also factor in Eberles avg ppg which is like I said...approx 0.7 ppg.

So we are taking out his best season why? Because it better suits your opinion that Eberle didn’t decline steadily in production the years before being dealt. So you lower the standard so that poor play doesn’t look so poor.

Maybe you should go to the New Jersey board and tell them Hall’s season didn’t really count when analyzing him as a player and his production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad