Offseason Roster Discussion part 3

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I was wrong about his offense translating to NA, but he was a really good player and his play helped the Hawks for many years. Q did agree with that and the tough matchups.

I f***ing miss Kruger here and still wait for his replacement on the roster.

At least I didn't think he sucks and shouldn't be in the NHL during that time. That was bad evaluation.

Kruger was such an underrated part of our Cups and yet I don’t think I’ve seen more controversy over a Hawks player at basically every stage of his career here. I think this guy is 2nd to only Hjalmarsson for how much physical punishment they took in order to win.

Imagine dreaming you’re going to be a top 6 C in the NHL and racking up points only to realize your only role is to instead be a 4th liner, get pushed around and battle for pucks on the boards, and have to shut down some of the league's best teams and players.

Kruger did what he had to in order to stay in the league and he was great at it. Q’s whole line-deployment strategy doesn’t work if our 4C can’t be counted on to possess the puck and stop teams from scoring. Selfless player, we don’t win Cups without him.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Kruger was such an underrated part of our Cups and yet I don’t think I’ve seen more controversy over a Hawks player at basically every stage of his career here. I think this guy is 2nd to only Hjalmarsson for how much physical punishment they took in order to win.

Imagine dreaming you’re going to be a top 6 C in the NHL and racking up points only to realize your only role is to instead be a 4th liner, get pushed around and battle for pucks on the boards, and have to shut down some of the league's best teams and players.

Kruger did what he had to in order to stay in the league and he was great at it. Q’s whole line-deployment strategy doesn’t work if our 4C can’t be counted on to possess the puck and stop teams from scoring. Selfless player, we don’t win Cups without him.

QFT. Very well put. If I could like this a million times, I would.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
hope he can keep the weight on and it turns out good for both he and the hawks. Always thought his skillset was great as I live in Vancouver and watch a lot of their games.

wonder if he and Toews have had discussions on diets...
God I hope not!!!

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Agree with Muffin, Gaudette is a real solid sleeper pick for us this coming season.

Him adding 20 pounds is huge. And his added strength is even allowing him to use sticks with stronger flexes. He's got the talent to become a solid top 6 option, hopefully his newfound strength gets him there.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Agree with Muffin, Gaudette is a real solid sleeper pick for us this coming season.

Him adding 20 pounds is huge. And his added strength is even allowing him to use sticks with stronger flexes. He's got the talent to become a solid top 6 option, hopefully his newfound strength gets him there.
Anyone familiar with Gaudette's health issue, him gaining 20 lbs is huge for him.... not sure if he can skate well enough but he's determined.
Canucks' Gaudette feeling better after solving chronic stomach problem | Offside

JLarucci23

May 22, 2015
Chicago, IL
Saw Riley Stillman at the Sox vs. Cubs game today. I told him we expect him to play a solid top 4 role this year and nothing less. So expect big things from him.

Reactions: Drumman44

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
He gained 20lbs of muscle and zero fat in what time frame?

If it's just the off-season, that's quite impressive, especially completely clean gains. I know these are professional athletes, but 20lbs of pure muscle in 12 months is a feat in itself, let alone an off-season.

It's not impossible, but damn.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
He gained 20lbs of muscle and zero fat in what time frame?

If it's just the off-season, that's quite impressive, especially completely clean gains. I know these are professional athletes, but 20lbs of pure muscle in 12 months is a feat in itself, let alone an off-season.

It's not impossible, but damn.

This is a guy who was significantly underweight. And if he's finally able to get the calories he needs, it's entirely believable. He went from around 170 to 190. As a guy who is 6'1.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
And it all still makes no sense why Seattle didn't take him to give him chance

I’m still trying to figure out what direction Seattle is trying to go in. A much different expansion draft than what we saw with Vegas for sure.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I'm such a sap - I fall for all this positivity every time, like in the Gaudette article, I'm ready to plug him into 3C or maybe even 2C between Kane and DCat. Course, reality would inform that even though he gained some weight and isn't a 98lbs weakling anymore - that doesn't mean he is going to be good enough to play with Kane and DCat. But, it's nice to think about.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Should be Toews, Dach, Johnson, Carpenter down the middle no matter what. Every time I plug in Strome or Nylander into the lineup I see a weak link. Can’t have those bums/sissy’s on a team hopeful for the playoffs. Whatever line they are on they will need to be babysat.

Kub-Toews-Kane
Cat-Dach-Gaudette
Hagel-Johnson-Kurashev
Whatever-Carpenter-Khaira

*hopefully whoever is a kid who makes it out of camp that’s actually worth a dam.

Last edited:
Reactions: scorehawks

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Should be Toews, Dach, Johnson, Carpenter down the middle no matter what. Every time I plug in Strome or Nylander into the lineup I see a weak link. Can’t have those bums/sissy’s on a team hopeful for the playoffs. Whatever line they are on they will need to be babysat.

Kub-Toews-Kane
Cat-Dach-Gaudette
Hagel-Johnson-Kurashev
Whatever-Carpenter-Khaira

*hopefully whoever is a kid who makes it out of camp that’s actually worth a dam.
I still don't get why people seemed to ignore, not see, or recall the success Nylander had when on the 4th line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad