Speculation: Offseason Moves Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Looks like Bowman had a you know what for Anisimov. I'm not really sure why, I think he's comparable to Bailey.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
I'm not familiar with the guys that Chicago got in return. Someone please put the return in terms of islanders prospects.... Danno = Nelson??

I'd check the prospects board. The benefit of Dano is that he can slot in as 3C immediately, has 2nd line upside, and he's on his ELC for another two years. So I guess he's kinda like Nelson if Nelson wasn't due for a raise.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Someone in the Metro needs to offer saad an off the charts sheet tomorrow. Columbus is going to match anything and you can kill their cap...this is a no brainer

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Obviously I would have loved us to get Saad, and it is ridiculous if Snow was not at least making an offer. However, I am more appalled that there was no offer better than this out there. Chicago got basically 2nd and 3rd line players back for him. They might as well have let him get offer sheeted because with the amount it would have been, they wouldve gotten at least 2-3 first round picks. How do they make this trade. It makes absolutely no sense.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
The more I read up on this, the more I think Bowman knows more than other people here. That he's already close to an extension with Anisimov is very telling. Expects him to be the 2C.

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
Someone in the Metro needs to offer saad an off the charts sheet tomorrow. Columbus is going to match anything and you can kill their cap...this is a no brainer

I don't think its as easy as "submit offer sheet"...I believe the player/agent have to agree with it also right?

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
The more I read up on this, the more I think Bowman knows more than other people here. That he's already close to an extension with Anisimov is very telling. Expects him to be the 2C.

They still have to move players out, including a Sharp or Bickell to make the cap. They aren't done, they just did some cost control.

I remember awhile back Brian Burke became enraged with Lowe/EDM over the fact they were giving big money to players on their 2nd deal, avoiding the ELC, 1st non-ELC, then payday method and how it would impact the game. Well, about 7 years later, it's coming out like bandits.

The 2nd year contract is a 3rd year contract for average or better than average players, not stars.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL

You'd be angering many GMs around the league. Offer sheets are heavily frowned upon. And if you ever saw a deal you could make with Columbus....kiss it goodbye. No offense, but it's not a good idea.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Looks like Bowman had a you know what for Anisimov. I'm not really sure why, I think he's comparable to Bailey.

Anisimov is the new Oleg.

It is gross to think we could not have beaten what Chicago got for Saad. But maybe Chicago did not want the parts we offered. It happens.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Playing the "oh what a good deal, why couldn't we have made it?" game is like getting mad at your buddy for having a hot new girlfriend that you wanted to date.

Columbus got Saad, we got Barzal, Rags got a pack of crap for Talbot. Isn't that all that matters?

BroadwayJay*

I think their center depth is pretty weak outside Johansen. RW depth isn't so great either. But their LW, defense, and goaltending are great and they play a strong team game.

Jenner and Dubinsky are pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad