Speculation: Offseason Moves Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
Yeah I'll settle down, right after watching Columbus bully the rest if the Metropolitan for the next decade.

I don't know why your panties are in a bunch. We all know that Saad will be on the Kings at the trade deadline leading to another Cup for LA. Probably traded for a Mike Richards used stick and a 4th rounder.

:laugh:

Boreal01

Nov 3, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Solid deal for the Jackets. Anisimov and Dano is nothing to scoff at, but I really feel like they could have gotten a much better return from someone else.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Always thought the hype around Saad was over the top because he jumped in on the Hawks team as a very young player. Columbus got better today no doubt, but I'm still not scared.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Always thought the hype around Saad was over the top because he jumped in on the Hawks team as a very young player. Columbus got better today no doubt, but I'm still not scared.

He played on a line with Toews and Hossa. He's a really good young player, but $6.5M for 6 years good? I don't know. Not a fit for us with all of our young forward depth.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Should be fun for the Jackets when Ryan Johansen is due for a new deal in two years. Ryan Murray and Boone Jenner are RFAs next year.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
You realize what Saad did this postseason was exceptional for him and he's not that spectacular a regular season guy right?

Saad is Hossa-lite, at 22 years old

I watch the Hawks almost as much as the Isles. He's the real deal.

I'm give Saad 6.5M over Okposo any day of the week.

This is absolutely horrible.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
As per usual with this stuff, whenever there's a lot of "WHERE WAS GARTH ON THIS", I want to know the offer that beats Columbus.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Maybe some of you will realize how good Saad is now that he's in the division. Worth every penny if 6.5M, especially if we were willing to pay Lee 3.75M.

I don't think I could be any more disgusted on something that doesn't directly involve the Isles.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Maybe some of you will realize how good Saad is now that he's in the division. Worth every penny if 6.5M, especially if we were willing to pay Lee 3.75M.

I don't think I could be any more disgusted on something that doesn't directly involved the Isles.
Would you have given up Strome+?

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007

I don't think I could be any more disgusted on something that doesn't directly involve the Isles.

What would you offer? Keep in mind that Chicago needs help down the middle and on the back end, preferably players on entry level deals. They got a center out of this, a very good young center.

islescoop

Jul 24, 2011
I'm not familiar with the guys that Chicago got in return. Someone please put the return in terms of islanders prospects.... Danno = Nelson??

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
I would have given up Dal Colle +, not Strome though.

Strome is on another level from Dano IMO.

I think they say no to that. Dano is ready, MDC needs at least another year, and they need a player who can step in immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad