Speculation: Offseason Free Agency thread

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Luke Glendenning would had been a really good signing....

I noticed him as well and then I wondered... Is he really getting the best from the opposition when the Wings are loosing way more vs what they win? Not sure and I wonder if his numbers change on a different team that is in more tighter games?

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Would Derrick Brassard be a solution as a third line center for 1 year at 1$ M? In 53 games last year,he had 8 goals+ 12 assists= 20 points.- 10 and face off 52.6%.

Reactions: Miller Time

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Would Derrick Brassard be a solution as a third line center for 1 year at 1$ M? In 53 games last year,he had 8 goals+ 12 assists= 20 points.- 10 and face off 52.6%.

I'm guessing he's still holding out hope for a multi year deal somewhere... if he doesn't get one, I bet he signs with us for 1 year

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Sign Brassard 1 year 1 $M.

Toffoli-Suzuki-Caufield
Hoffman-Kotaka-Gally
Drouin-Brassard-Anderson
Lek-Evans-Armia
Perrault-Paquette

Edmunston-Petry
Chariot-Savard
Romanov-Kulak
Wideman

Price
Allen

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Are you suggesting to trade for Dvorak or someone else from Arizona?

If it’s Dvorak the asking price is high:

there's a HUGE difference between "a couple of prospects" and "a 1st and a top prospect" with a couple of prospects being reasonable and the latter not so much.

Reactions: Mr Mom

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
there's a HUGE difference between "a couple of prospects" and "a 1st and a top prospect" with a couple of prospects being reasonable and the latter not so much.

I agree but I’m guessing it would be two higher prospects (one (or maybe both) being equivalent to a 1st). What would that be from the Habs?

They got Timmons, a 1st (which will be late), and a conditional 3rd for Kuemper (who has 1 year left on his contract). I think they ask for a lot more for Dvorak who has 4 years left on his contract.

AyyoCully

Oct 14, 2019

I think it means a first round pick plus either a top prospect or a couple lower tier prospects

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Nobody left on UFA that can help the habs.
Trade is only way

I wouldn't mind giving Travis Zajac a shot for one year at a reasonably low salary for center insurance. He's good on face-offs, decent defensively, plays the PK, still not bad offensively. There are rumours that Lou has him signed in NYI though.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
I don't think we'll win the Cups this year ( i am brilliant here, no ? :nod: ).
So, what's the point to try to sign/trade a centre or an offensive d-man instead and to give assets ?
Let see where Poehling has to give, let see how Norlinder manages the small ice rinks. Let see what Ylönen can do. Anyway, we just won't win anything important this season, out of pro miles for all the young guns

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00