*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
Where did I say it's windsor's fault? Oh thats right I never did, don't put words in my mouth I said its Tv cogeco in general because when you watch game on Cogeco it just looks like **** and there's always problems when you watch games on Rogers it's more clear and they have less problems.

You said: "Windsor area should switch over to Rogers."

My statement still stands... it doesn't matter at all which service provider is providing coverage, it's all about the equipment used and that is purchased by the local station. Rogers, Cogeco, Shaw, Eastlink... if the local station is using crap cameras with outdated broadcasting infrastructure, you get a poor broadcast.

How bout we do some general research before unintelligently flying off the handle. :help:

Spitsfan67*

Exactly I said Windsor should switch over I never said its there fault, tv cogeco just sucks along with shaw tv and east link and Again Rogers is alot better to watch a hockey game on and is the best of all the networks that's all I'm saying, I'd rather watch the spits on Rogers.and again it's 2013 get with the ****ing program and put a good quality game on tv.

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
Exactly I said Windsor should switch over I never said its there fault, tv cogeco just sucks along with shaw tv and east link and Again Rogers is alot better to watch a hockey game on and is the best of all the networks that's all I'm saying, I'd rather watch the spits on Rogers.and again it's 2013 get with the ****ing program and put a good quality game on tv.

I think you still miss the point...

I get Mooseheads game out here on Eastlink in HD. :sarcasm:

KyGuy9

Sep 7, 2012
4-2 Spits, Zack Percy with an assist on Ben Johnson's goal! :D
Welcome to the league!!

On a site note, Mike on AM800 thinks his name is "Scott Percy" lol. XD

KyGuy9

Sep 7, 2012
19:59 3RD VAIL SCORES!

9-4 Spits... huge win. Big guns came out firing today!

HUGE night for the Spitfires...

Hat-Trick Koko, 6 POINTS Rychel (Goal and 5 assists) and 5 POINTS Aleardi, all assists.

Other goals... lotsa milestones.

Koko's first was his 10th
Giftopolous's was his 20th
Kerby's his 30th
Ho-Sang his 10th
Bateman his 5th
Johnson his 15th

And Brady closes it out with his 16th.

Mitch Graham and Zack Percy with their first OHL points, both assists.

Pav played OK... sounded shaky by Mike.

HUGE game.

Spitsfan67*

I honestly bursted out laughing when I seen Czinder as the third star, like what a home vote lol I guess when you get a 6 point night(Rychel) you don't deserve a star haha over a guy with 1 goal.

Last edited by a moderator:

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Maybe they had a bet going, haha..."if you get a point, I'll tell them to give you the third star!"

Doesn't matter to me who the team is, I'll take this game and run. Now, let's just ensure we don't use all our goals tonight and have some energy left for tomorrow.

Spitsfan67*

Maybe they had a bet going, haha..."if you get a point, I'll tell them to give you the third star!"

Doesn't matter to me who the team is, I'll take this game and run. Now, let's just ensure we don't use all our goals tonight and have some energy left for tomorrow.

Agree they can't let there heads get to big, coaches got to bring them back down to earth because they have another huge game tomorrow at Scotiabank Place in the Nations Capital and they cannot take the 67's lightly or they will get burned.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Nice to see a roster depleted lineup score 9 goals,14 pts from the Koko-Rychel-Aleardi
line
Good to see Graham and Percy get their 1st ohl pts,both played very well,Graham with a beauty pass to Rychel for his goal,Percy very solid in his debut,made the safe plays,did not
look like a rookie despite being 19
Johnson with a 3 pt night,HoSang who has struggled offensively lately had a goal and an assist

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Six point night for Kerby

Five assist night for Aleardi

Hat Trick for Koko.

That line is lethal. It's a damn shame that Koko went to Russia for most of the season. We'd be right in the hunt if he was here with us all season. Now with the late injuries to Koekkoek and Sieloff I think we're going to end up on the outside looking in still. O how I would love to get a shot at the Knights in the first round.

And this late run won't do much to sway the Mem Cup committee given Koko and Aleardi are gone next year.

Maybe it was just the spread Peterborough feed on my television but Ho-Sang is noticeably bigger - both in size and in height - since the beginning of the season.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Big goal explosion which was much needed. They still need to come out stronger at the beginning of periods, they have probably given up double figure goals this year at the beginning of periods. Need to get a couple more wins on this trip.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
After last nite"s win at Peterborough Spits are now 8-4-0-1 since the trade deadline
Team wise they have gone 5-1-0-1 on the road,while going a perplexing 3-3-0-0
at home,great improvement on the road,going backwards at home
Individually Rychel and Aleardi have put up 23 points each,in that stretch,while Koko has
put up 22 points,including 12 goals
The next best point producing guy is Ben Johnson who like last year is having a excellent 2nd half,he has 10 pts,scoring 6 goals in the process
In fact the Spits are 12-11-0-2 in their last 25 games,going 6-6-0-2 on the road in that
stretch,the above 500 record despite a 7 game losing streak
Rychel leads the team with 33 pts in 25 games,while Aleardi has 23 in 13,Koko has 22 and
again Ben Johnson is 4th with 20 pts in 25 games with 12 goals scored
the highest scoring D-man is Nick Ebert,he has 17 pts in his last 25 games played,which is 5th best behind the aforementioned 4 players
Rudy Giftopoulous has been a solid contributer while anchoring the 3rd line,notching 7 pts
in 13 games,including 5 goals,his pk,pp and body checking abiliites have not gone unnoticed,as his line as had players in and out of the lineup,ie Marchese,Verbeek,Studnicka due to injury and suspension,toss in the underwhelming
Clark and rookie Mitch Graham who has been very impressive in his time here thus far
as he continues to acclimate himself to the O,and proving so far to be a useful depth player
Overall have to be impressed so far with the resolve of the club for the most part,hanging in there for a playoff spot despite numerous injuries and suspensions
Hopefully the impressive road resurgence continues this weekend for this shorthanded
group

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I didn't end up watching the game last night. How did Zack Percy look?

Very impressive debut for the 19 year old rookie,played a very safe and capable game

rarely got into trouble,made mostly the right plays and played a fairly reg shift

and earned it

Also picked up an assist on the Ben Johnson

Hope he continues to play well going forward,Spits can use his consistency on the

backend

Ben Johnson goal

Last edited:

Spitsfan67*

I didn't end up watching the game last night. How did Zack Percy look?

He played the way he had to and the way he should, He kept it simple and didnt try to do anything pretty... did the quick pass and and stayed in position and that is what will impress the coaches the most and he got a bonus by picking up an assist.

Tonight is another must Win against a team like this you have to get the points because spits have a tough schedule the rest of the season IMO atleast, with four meetings against Plymouth and two against the Knights the road dosent get easier. to Win tonight our goalie whoever gets the nod HAS to play good and the defense has to be solid, the big line has to produce this 67's squad arent going to lay down and will be a tough opponent.

sbrug

Aug 30, 2012
Slater Koekkoek is on tonight's game sheet. is this right or is it a website error?

KyGuy9

Sep 7, 2012
4-2 67's. WHAT HAS GOT INTO PAV? 3 goals on his first 5 shots before getting the hook. Then Koko gets one from Kerby, then Giftopolous from Koko and Kerby. Kerby now tied for 10th in scoring.

Spitsfan67*

Goaltending is whats going to make us miss the playoffs, Pavelka is pathetic I mean I called two goals in the first as you could clearly see him off his angles, the guy doesn't look interested any more, idk why but If he doesn't want to play here anymore send him home if he wants to, I've been one of his biggest supporters since he got traded here last year and he's excelled since being here but this past month there has not been one game where I've said he was a big reason for the two points and even against the Pete's I thought he played brutal... Can't win games if you have no confidence in your goalie to stop anything. Coaches should sit down with him and see where his head.

KyGuy9

Sep 7, 2012
Spits need to pick it up, and despretely need to beat Ottawa. Saggy's killing the Colts now 4-0.

KyGuy9

Sep 7, 2012
TOUGH loss. I hate to say this, but I got to blame this one on the goaltending. DeKort played OK.
Offense was great. If we don't make the playoffs it's because of goaltending. We lost a bunch thanks to bad goaltending. More than we won with them.

Wish we made a deal with Oshawa for Altshuller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad