*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Can you give some insight on the type of D he is. Looking at his career stats he Definatly has some toughness, but his points lack. I know points aren't everything, if he can bring other tangibles. I cant comment since i haven't seen him, but do you think he will be able to move the puck quick enough at this level and do you know how his feet are. Do you see him having any issues adapting to speed or facing a learning curb at all? He is a 93 so do you think he will get more ice based on his age or do you see him on the 5-6 pairing. Has he ever attended a rookie camp or main camp for the spits over the years?

Thanks!

Cant say that I have seen Percy play in person,though I have seen him on video

being used in the end of the game situations,more then likely a stay at home

D guy who adds some grit,did not appear to have any trouble getting around

seems to have decent size

KyGuy9

Sep 7, 2012
studnicka with 4 game suspension

You must be freakin kidding me. Now our best penalty killer is gone. Who's next to be called up? If we had a healthy lineup these next few games would be basically a breeze. Unless we win the next few, we can say bye to the playoffs.

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
You must be freakin kidding me. Now our best penalty killer is gone. Who's next to be called up? If we had a healthy lineup these next few games would be basically a breeze. Unless we win the next few, we can say bye to the playoffs.

Studnika is your best penalty killer? No wonder this team is in trouble. :help:

etr102

Mar 7, 2010
Windsor, ON
Peterborough, Ottawa and Kingston this weekend. We HAVE to get a good 5 or 6 points this weekend if there's still any hope at all of getting a playoff spot.

I still haven't given up hope yet, but reality is slowly starting to sink in.

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON

Just gotta say the Petes did okay against the Spits in Windsor recently :nod: and I'm hoping that any breeze the Spits will experience will be against the 67s and Kingston. The weather will be a mess so the "breeze" will be accompanied by some snow.;)

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
If any of you fans are heading into eastern ontario you best be prepared. The Spits are gonna be right in the eye of it tonight and getting over to Kingston for Friday. From Chatham to Ottawa the 401 is gonna be a mess. Take careif you go...

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-blogs/anderson/storm-snowfall-forecast-maps/5711906

My buddies and I were going to, but decided not to last week. I'm headin to MI instead...that'll be an interesting drive, haha. They're calling for a solid foot tonight.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Spits will be missing the following players for toniight"s game at Peterborough
Koekkoek
Marchese
Seiloff
Bilcke
all due to injury
Verbeek
Studnicka
due to suspensions
Brown-returned to La Salle,will join team in time for game at Kingston near his hometown
Petes will be a handful and full of confidence after hammering Ottawa 10-6 last nite
and only 4 pts out of a playoff spot
Lets hope a goal outage is in store for the Petes,maybe they used them all in the 10-6
game

Spitsfan67*

Windsor Star reports that Sieloff COULD be back, if all goes well, within a couple of weeks.

That's bad news, I mean in a couple weeks it might be to late...we need him back now he is the best Defenceman on the team and the defense looks like **** without him.

SimonKnightsman

Dec 28, 2012
My buddies and I were going to, but decided not to last week. I'm headin to MI instead...that'll be an interesting drive, haha. They're calling for a solid foot tonight.

Gonna be a little better in MI and shorter than driving out east. Really rough weekend of travel ahead for a few teams....cancellations tomorrow night wouldn't surprise me.

We shall see....have fun in MI OHLTG...

SimonKnightsman

Dec 28, 2012
That's bad news, I mean in a couple weeks it might be to late...we need him back now he is the best Defenceman on the team and the defense looks like **** without him.

That back to back with Sag coming up in couple of weeks could be the tonic to PO,s for either team. It will be crucial to win out so getting healthy for that stretch is ultra important and holding points presently. Spits need 3 of 6 between now and Sunday.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario

Last week at this time I had heard out for the season, so I'll take a couple of weeks if that's an option.

Simon - the only real part that concerns me is the cottage road is all dirt, so hoping it's not too bad. Push comes to shove, I go with one of the other guys. They're bringing the monster trucks :laugh:

KyGuy9

Sep 7, 2012
In today's paper Jim Parker reports Bob Boughner said he'll be back with the club on Monday, and be ready in 7-10 days. Ouch.

Spitsfan67*

I can't understand... It's 2013 and you can't watch a hockey game clearly? Like wtf its so annoying, it's not 1980 here there shouldn't be any problems with watching a game. Tv cogeco is such a ****ing joke the Windsor area should switch over to Rogers at least they have a bit better quality then this garbage.

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
I can't understand... It's 2013 and you can't watch a hockey game clearly? Like wtf its so annoying, it's not 1980 here there shouldn't be any problems with watching a game. Tv cogeco is such a ****ing joke the Windsor area should switch over to Rogers at least they have a bit better quality then this garbage.

Yes... because Cogeco Windsor controls the feed coming from Peterborough. :shakehead

Spitsfan67*

Yes... because Cogeco Windsor controls the feed coming from Peterborough. :shakehead

Where did I say it's windsor's fault? Oh thats right I never did, don't put words in my mouth I said its Tv cogeco in general because when you watch game on Cogeco it just looks like **** and there's always problems when you watch games on Rogers it's more clear and they have less problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad