OT: Official Video Game Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnrefinedCrude

Jun 7, 2011
I'm pretty excited for No Man's Sky.

Seems like the perfect game for when you just want play something solo and unwind.

This is the one game this summer I am waiting for. I don't get too intense gaming anymore, but like you say this seems like a good game to just play and unwind.

After that, not really waiting for anything until Fractured But Whole.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Who wants NHL 17 beta code, I have one left please pm me if interested. On PS4

None left

Last edited:

Numz

Oct 7, 2013
Xbone

Cvkcy-m9mrk-944vh-xvqky-jxjdz

d7ypq-vjgym-y4vfg-p6ydt-x37gz

You're welcome. :yo:

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I was playing "NHL 15" for some reason and I checked a trade that happened in the news the dynasty mode.......

Sidney Crosby and Derrick Pouliot for Valteri Filpulla and Alex Killorn.....

wat?

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
It's sad when I look at the NHL 17 ratings and Dennis Wideman on the Flames (85 Ov) would be tied best defenceman on the Oilers (Sekera 85 Ov). Klefbom and Larsson are 83 and 84 Ov...If these ratings stay, I'll be VERY mad. So mad I'm editing all of Calgary to the PROPER level they deserve.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
It's sad when I look at the NHL 17 ratings and Dennis Wideman on the Flames (85 Ov) would be tied best defenceman on the Oilers (Sekera 85 Ov). Klefbom and Larsson are 83 and 84 Ov...If these ratings stay, I'll be VERY mad. So mad I'm editing all of Calgary to the PROPER level they deserve.

The beta is still using NHL 16 final rankings as far as I can tell. I think they'll be changed for the final game.

Peter Zezel

Sep 12, 2003
Gah! Can't believe I missed out on registering for NHL 17 beta and the 9.99 NHL 16 PS4 sale last week.

Kerricthebig

Jovial Imbecile
Nov 9, 2011
Final Fantasy XV delayed to Nov 29.

giphy.gif

McQuixote

Jan 27, 2006
Edmonton, AB
This is the one game this summer I am waiting for. I don't get too intense gaming anymore, but like you say this seems like a good game to just play and unwind.

It's kind of boring and repetitive, but also serene. At first I was just dulled by it and shut it off quickly, but it has called me back.

UnrefinedCrude

Jun 7, 2011
I'd agree with this. It's....fun isn't the word. Engaging in a way. Beautiful and serene for sure, large and ambitious, you can easily get lost. But I'm not finding it fun! And I really want to!!!!

Kind of sums it up for me: https://t.co/JjQjv4XA0S

I'm with you, back to Overwatch...

I agree here too.

It's more of a coding marvel than a fun game. There's infinite stuff, but there's not a lot of variety. In spite of everything being somewhat different it's more like everything is somewhat the same. there's only a handful of templates.

I was waiting for this game, but it really is, as the above poster stated... unfulfilling.

McQuixote

Jan 27, 2006
Edmonton, AB
I agree here too.

It's more of a coding marvel than a fun game. There's infinite stuff, but there's not a lot of variety. In spite of everything being somewhat different it's more like everything is somewhat the same. there's only a handful of templates.

I was waiting for this game, but it really is, as the above poster stated... unfulfilling.

DLC or patches might change it dramatically. All the elements for a great (or beyond great) game are there, but the gameplay repetition and some key omissions (why does it not generate maps?) make it frustrating.

But working in a better story or improving some mechanics would go a long way to fixing things. It just needs small tweaks, I think.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Video made me laugh more than it should have and confirms I can wait until this is flash sale or bargain bin material.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
One game that I am enjoying so far, which is surprising to me because I'm not normally a fan of the genre, is Empyrion. Even in alpha, I'm getting a lot of fun out of it and have only just finished constructing my first very basic base.

It basically took over half my day yesterday as I tried to work through its comprehensive tutorial.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/383120/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad