OT: Official Video Game Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Pokémon Go, :laugh: (It's fun, honestly), probably dive back into Skyward Sword, and BF4 to practice up for BF1.

And the other games on my phone, Brave Exvius is the newest one that's quite fun.

I need to get out more and find more Pokémon...

After I finish the game I'm on I'll probably hit up Link to the Past then GoW4 when it comes out.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Guilty Gear, Street Fighter, Destiny, and Granblue Fantasy will probably all stay pretty constant.

Played through Doom (GOTY so far) and Valkyria Chronicles, finally started Drakengard 3, will hopefully find more time for Odin Sphere and Atelier Sophie. I imagine I'll also end up getting NMS; used to read too much Sagan not to. Sounds like a pretty low commitment game anyways. Furi's also pretty fun.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I need to get out more and find more Pokémon...

After I finish the game I'm on I'll probably hit up Link to the Past then GoW4 when it comes out.

It's fun, my wife and I went for just a short walk around our neighborhood and we picked up 5 or 6 of them. Apparently, like how the Pokémon work, if you're near water (as an example) you can find water Pokémon, etc.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
It's fun, my wife and I went for just a short walk around our neighborhood and we picked up 5 or 6 of them. Apparently, like how the Pokémon work, if you're near water (as an example) you can find water Pokémon, etc.

There's a Pokestop not far from my house that I urge myself to walk to everyday. On the way I've caught quite a few Pokémon that I didn't have before.

The scary thing about this app is the ridiculous potential it holds. This is completely barebones compared to what it can really do.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
There's a Pokestop not far from my house that I urge myself to walk to everyday. On the way I've caught quite a few Pokémon that I didn't have before.

The scary thing about this app is the ridiculous potential it holds. This is completely barebones compared to what it can really do.

Yeah, the room for growth and further engagement is outstanding. It's really a unique thing, it's a game that actively gets you out of your house, basically you can't enjoying it (basically) staying in one place.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
I want them to really develop this a lot more, stabilize it, and then the rest of the tech world can piggy bank off this technology.

I want lonely planet to have something like this where it shows me in GPS location, with history of my surroundings, points of interest, galleries, and highly rated restaurants.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I want them to really develop this a lot more, stabilize it, and then the rest of the tech world can piggy bank off this technology.

I want lonely planet to have something like this where it shows me in GPS location, with history of my surroundings, points of interest, galleries, and highly rated restaurants.

Trip advisor as well, Yeah, there is a far reaching application. Niantic may have develop something, for Pokémon Go, that could make them All the money?

Edit: If applied for broader use.

Rawg

Its Rog
Jun 20, 2010
Edmonton
Trip advisor as well, Yeah, there is a far reaching application. Niantic may have develop something, for Pokémon Go, that could make them All the money?

Edit: If applied for broader use.

The technology has been here for awhile, Ingress using the exact same model as pokemon. Think they did this for the $$. Would be amazing walking around in an unfamiliar area and finding restaurants, monuments , places of intrest. Cool stuff

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
The technology has been here for awhile, Ingress using the exact same model as pokemon. Think they did this for the $$. Would be amazing walking around in an unfamiliar area and finding restaurants, monuments , places of intrest. Cool stuff

Yea, that's the thing: this isn't unique. It's just the stuff that came before it didn't have a nostalgia pull.

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
Yea, that's the thing: this isn't unique. It's just the stuff that came before it didn't have a nostalgia pull.

Exactly, GPS apps have been around for a long time. I played a game called turf wars years ago that was basically the same thing.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Exactly, GPS apps have been around for a long time. I played a game called turf wars years ago that was basically the same thing.

It's geocaching except at the end you get a virtual Pikachu instead of a box of somebody else's ****.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011

Played a game called Own This World years ago, was actually made by local (Alberta) developers and I thought it was genius for its time.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
For the sake of University professors, I hope the fad dies before September. They have it hard enough with people texting during lectures.

Think how bad it will be for Cerebral and I when we have to deal with children and this game in september.

I was down there as well and there must have been 200+ playing! I'm a teacher and I saw 10+ former students alone trying to catch Pokemon haha.

Alas, I'm out of Pokeballs. :(

I am running into current students in my small town playing the game.

Tried it for the first time in Edmonton yesterday at West Edmonton Mall. While there were alot there with a lot of active lures, I found it annoying that the building was constantly interfering with my gps. Though I did catch a 700 Kingler.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I was down there as well and there must have been 200+ playing! I'm a teacher and I saw 10+ former students alone trying to catch Pokemon haha.

Alas, I'm out of Pokeballs. :(

Once in a while I go to a Pokestop for about an hour and just collect Pokeballs every 5 minutes. You can get anywhere from 30 to 40 Pokeballs by doing that. But the other day I just got lazy and spent actual money to get a ton of Pokeballs as well as incense lol

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
Tons of Pokemon at the Taste of Edmonton, an added bonus! Winter will kill this game in Canada...

MCDAVIDISH

Jul 18, 2011
Edmonton
I've hit a wall at level 21 on Pokemon go, the exponential xp it takes to level up kills the game for me I'm burnt out. I'm going back to overwatch and brushing up on bf4 with what time I have.

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
I've hit a wall at level 21 on Pokemon go, the exponential xp it takes to level up kills the game for me I'm burnt out. I'm going back to overwatch and brushing up on bf4 with what time I have.

I'm at 18, and am basically using it as an excuse for exercise.. I've been walking for 1-2 hours during the day and rollerblading for 2+ hours ever night just to hatch eggs. Haha

I don't know that the levelling will deter me, but if I fill my pokedex it's game over.. well, until you can battle and they introduce different gens.

Also, since this is video game talk I'm dying to play We Happy Few. I think that's pretty much all I'm going to get until the end of the year when Dishonored 2 and the new South Park come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad