Official Trade Speculation/Proposal Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
In terms of backups - I wouldnt mind the Islanders taking a close look at Curtis McElhinney from the Bluejackets. Now I dont want him as a #1 but I feel given the chance he has proven he can play. He helped Columbus greatly when Brobovsky was out. Something neither of our back ups did for us

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Andrei Markov of MTL is a UFA this summer and wants a 3 year contract. The Habs don't seem willing to do that since it would be a 35+ contract which would count against their cap no matter what.

One of the Isles' biggest short-term needs for the next couple of years is an experienced d-man, especially one who can play on the PP. Wouldn't Markov be a really good fit for the Isles if they can negotiate an extension with him? So how about Markov plus some futures as part of a deal for Vanek or AMac? The Isles were apparently scouting the MTL-TOR game last night....

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Not that Dan Petriw has any inside info what so ever, but he had this to say today:
Besides the obvious moves of Thomas Vanek and Andrew MacDonald I have been told that Islanders General Manager Garth Snow has shopped struggling forwards Josh Bailey and Colin McDonald. I'm not saying they will be moved only that they are being offered around the league.
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Dan-Petriw/Nielsen-set-to-return/184/58362

I would wait until Staple says as much before hanging any thoughts off this, but if both are being shopped I am not surprised at all. In fact Halmo pretty much rendered CMac a goner in just two games.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Andrei Markov of MTL is a UFA this summer and wants a 3 year contract. The Habs don't seem willing to do that since it would be a 35+ contract which would count against their cap no matter what.

One of the Isles' biggest short-term needs for the next couple of years is an experienced d-man, especially one who can play on the PP. Wouldn't Markov be a really good fit for the Isles if they can negotiate an extension with him? So how about Markov plus some futures as part of a deal for Vanek or AMac? The Isles were apparently scouting the MTL-TOR game last night....

His injury history is epic. No thanks. And I mean No no no no no no no no thanks.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Not that Dan Petriw has any inside info what so ever, but he had this to say today:

I would wait until Staple says as much before hanging any thoughts off this, but if both are being shopped I am not surprised at all. In fact Halmo pretty much rendered CMac a goner in just two games.

I can't imagine what Bailey's trade value would be at this point--a 4th or maybe a 3rd rounder? As far as CMac, liked his game last year but based on the past 2 games, maybe Halmo can be his replacement, just tough to call based on 2 games for an undrafted player. I guess for a 4th liner, can take that chance.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
I can't imagine what Bailey's trade value would be at this point--a 4th or maybe a 3rd rounder? As far as CMac, liked his game last year but based on the past 2 games, maybe Halmo can be his replacement, just tough to call based on 2 games for an undrafted player. I guess for a 4th liner, can take that chance.

Exactly this.

At this point you have to create space for guys like Halmo, Sundstrom maybe Persson to compete for. Or, hopefully to allow for Clutterbuck to be pushed down the depth chart because the Isles have improved their top nine.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

I had hoped to see Snow package Bailey, along with the 1st I expect he will get from a Vanek package, in a draft weekend deal.
I cannot imagine either Bailey or CMac have much value.

Last edited:

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I had hoped to see Snow package Bailey, along with the 1st I expect he will get from a Vanek package, in a draft weekend deal.
I cannot imagine either Bailey or CMac have much value.

If I were a GM with a real coach Bailey is exactly the kind of guy I'd take a chance on. He's still just 24, and with the right coaching and linemates he could still be a good player. Let's not forget that Bailey's draft year numbers were right around where Reinhart's and Bennett's are.

[Actually, after checking I see that Bailey's draft year #s were not quite where Reinhart's and Bennett's are, but not that much lower - Bailey had 96 points in 67 games).

Last edited:

Hip Of Rick*

Snow Must Go!
Mar 17, 2007
Philadelphia
Exactly this.

At this point you have to create space for guys like Halmo, Sundstrom maybe Persson to compete for. Or, hopefully to allow for Clutterbuck to be pushed down the depth chart because the Isles have improved their top nine.

You never make space for guys like that . Its a recipe for a never ending "re-build". If they are good enough they will get their chance when injuries happen or they will play themselves on the team.

Halmo looked solid as a possible 10-13th forward for the future. He is good to have around as depth something we haven't had in my lifetime.

Hip Of Rick*

Snow Must Go!
Mar 17, 2007
Philadelphia
His injury history is epic. No thanks. And I mean No no no no no no no no thanks.

It would be a huge yes,yes,yes,yes,yes for me. He is still a top4 dman and should be for at least 2 of those 3 years. We have cap space up the wazoo and he would be a perfect player to help our magical prospects.

Strait, Hickey, and whatever garbage I am forgetting is not who you want to surround a young defense with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad