Official Trade Speculation/Proposal Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
if garth gets ripped just because he wants to flip him b4 the olympics, i will lose it

On the one hand, you could argue they are doing it to save money, and thus, will lose value.

On the other hand you could argue that it is wiser to do it now, as opposed to trying to do it after Vanek brakes something during the Olympics.

I am more an option #2 opinion. I also think we will get a good haul back for him. Please be with LA, as they are chock full of good young defensemen. But to believe that The 4th Period would break anything substantial... I am having a very hard time with that concept.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I am thinking tomorrow unless Vanek or AMac get held out of tonight's game.

Hamonic is very close to returning and has been rumored to be ready for Saturday. I think if we see anything, AMac could be traded before Friday 3 pm if Snow gets his price. It's more likely that any trades will happen right before the TDL. Get it to a frenzy so hopefully one GM hits the panic button and relents on giving up a cherished top prospect.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
just based on how forceful howie was, he really seems to think that this was vaneks last game as an islander.

butchie thinks "half a dozen" guys could go.

frankieboy

Mar 10, 2010
just based on how forceful howie was, he really seems to think that this was vaneks last game as an islander.

butchie thinks "half a dozen" guys could go.

Let's face it. Based upon this team's performance, he could be right.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Garth in full sell mode.!!!! Goodbye Regin and PMB

Regin gave us what he could, just a tweener - good enough to do well in the AHL, just not quite good enough in the NHL.

Thanks for the effort Peter!

PMB is frankly shot, the concussions took their toll and he just can't be effective anymore; didn't want to go into traffic too much.

This is Garth's way of opening up the spots for the rest of the season for the kids.

original islander

Oct 12, 2011
With the Regin and PMB trade I'm assuming shockwaves are going through the Isles locker room. Could even mainstays like Matt Carkner be safe?

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
With the Regin and PMB trade I'm assuming shockwaves are going through the Isles locker room. Could even mainstays like Matt Carkner be safe?

lol.

I would like to see some adjustments made, but would really like to see some size coming back our way (but not useless size, like Carkner.)

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I wonder if Snow/Wang will retain 50% of Vanek's salary to get a better deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad