Official Trade Deadline 2019 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
daily faceoff (which is a great site) has our 3rd line (if you want to call them a 3rd line) rated as best in the league with the new addition of Dzingle.

dlrn0x.png
Here’s where I’m looking to see Torts is at the top of his game and best uses his player talent. He seems to have fallen in love with Nash and the fourth line. While I want us rolling four lines, I don’t want to see the fourth line log equal minutes to the third line. I think the grinders have been ok lately. But there’s no comparison to the scoring capabilities and in the end you need to score. So take advantage of the available skill, Torts

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Here’s where I’m looking to see Torts is at the top of his game and best uses his player talent. He seems to have fallen in love with Nash and the fourth line. While I want us rolling four lines, I don’t want to see the fourth line log equal minutes to the third line. I think the grinders have been ok lately. But there’s no comparison to the scoring capabilities and in the end you need to score. So take advantage of the available skill, Torts

I think we've got the opposite problem. Torts' tendency has long been to pick his favorite 3 or 6 guys and run them into the ground by the time playoffs comes around. An infatuation with the fourth line, however misguided, is very good news if it brings down minutes for Panarin and Dubois who have been noticeably tired, and I think Foligno, Jenner, and Anderson, who need more rest to play their style to the fullest. I'd be resting all of those guys a lot more, maybe even with scratches in the final weeks.

Call me crazy but I'd have FJA at 16 minutes, and maybe 14 or 15 for Dubois and Bjorkstrand. I'd keep Panarin at 17 minutes (he averages 20), and that might require long sits if he doesn't shorten his shift length. If Dzingel-Duchene-Atkinson is a line, and I hope it is tried, I could see those guys sustaining 19 or 20 no problem. And I don't have a problem with Robinson-Nash-Sedlak/Dubinsky playing 14 minutes a night. Those guys can't score but they tilt the ice remarkably well for a 4th line (except for Dubinsky). Come playoff time they should be back down around 10 minutes per, I know some would prefer 5, but you can't get very far in the playoffs on 3 lines. The legs will fall off.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I think Jarmo did a great job at the TDL. Only question I have is how in hell did Stone go for so little?
Possibilities:
He wouldn't agree to discuss a long term deal with Columbus
He didn't want to follow D&D
His salary demands were too high
Ottawa really didn't want Wennberg :laugh:
Ottawa wanted an untouchable for him
Interesting that no other team could outbid Vegas.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
I think Jarmo did a great job at the TDL. Only question I have is how in hell did Stone go for so little?
Possibilities:
He wouldn't agree to discuss a long term deal with Columbus
He didn't want to follow D&D
His salary demands were too high
Ottawa really didn't want Wennberg :laugh:
Ottawa wanted an untouchable for him
Interesting that no other team could outbid Vegas.

Vegas may be a more interesting destination for a lot of guys. Pretty incredible in their 2nd season where they are positioned, plus throw in no state sales tax and for some guys it will be a place they want to play.

Ruudukkopupuset

Mar 29, 2018
Helsingin Jokerit led SM-liiga with nine points differential to Oulun Kärpät when their GM Jarmo Kekäläinen was poached by Columbuksen Sinitakit in mid-February. They didn't lift Kanada chalice at the end of the season.

HC Bolzano was last in the league when Kai Suikkanen took over taking them to the play-offs. They won EBEL-league title in game seven of final play-off round over giants Red Bull Salzburg. Suikkanen had previously failed to instill his ice hockey of flow to Kärpät.

"Mut hoki on onneks hei siitä hienoo että helmikuussa ei vielä viirejä vedetä kattoon
1f609.png
".

As Esa "Tiki" Tikkanen, the winner of five Stanley Cups, said that hockey is great in that you do not lift the banners to the roof in February.

From an Eurasian viewpoint the whole notion of contracts ending at the end of a season is nothing but normal. Rarely you would have stability in goal in example as a bigger fish would usually come for those who perform. The same process happens with Lugano, Djurgården and SKA St. Petersburg in your dreams.

Last edited:

213 Sentinel

Jul 2, 2006
Marysville, Ohio
I just reread my entire (23) post history and everything I have ever posted on this board - trade reactions, draft picks, reactions to prospect camp, literally EVERY SINGLE THING - has been 100% wrong.

Measure that against my prior post in this thread and be happy for the future, fellow CBJ fans.
This made me laugh. Hard. Well done.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Am I reading that right that they have Josh as the best RW in the league?

I think that's "best #2RW". At least, I would assume so, because as much as I love him... um, no. :)

Maybe its just whatever metrics go into their system has him that high? :dunno:

I use their site all the time for FanDuel and such but I never put too much into those rankings.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I think we've got the opposite problem. Torts' tendency has long been to pick his favorite 3 or 6 guys and run them into the ground by the time playoffs comes around. An infatuation with the fourth line, however misguided, is very good news if it brings down minutes for Panarin and Dubois who have been noticeably tired, and I think Foligno, Jenner, and Anderson, who need more rest to play their style to the fullest. I'd be resting all of those guys a lot more, maybe even with scratches in the final weeks.

Call me crazy but I'd have FJA at 16 minutes, and maybe 14 or 15 for Dubois and Bjorkstrand. I'd keep Panarin at 17 minutes (he averages 20), and that might require long sits if he doesn't shorten his shift length. If Dzingel-Duchene-Atkinson is a line, and I hope it is tried, I could see those guys sustaining 19 or 20 no problem. And I don't have a problem with Robinson-Nash-Sedlak/Dubinsky playing 14 minutes a night. Those guys can't score but they tilt the ice remarkably well for a 4th line (except for Dubinsky). Come playoff time they should be back down around 10 minutes per, I know some would prefer 5, but you can't get very far in the playoffs on 3 lines. The legs will fall off.
I’m generally in agreement and maybe failed to make my original point clearly. My concern is the 3rd line is held to 10-12 minutes because of the 4th line allocation. I agree with you that Torts often rides two lines too heavily. Playing Bread and Co 20 or more minutes per night isn’t sustainable.

I’m more of a 10-12 minute advocate for this 4th line as they have successfully tilted ice though can’t score and a combined 8 goal line has less appeal than a 55+ goal line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad