Official Trade Deadline 2019 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
I understand how you feel. Fandom is irrationally emotional. We get too high when something good happens and the sky is falling when something bad happens or the front office does something we disagree with them on.

FWIW I think I loved what he did last year. As far as this year, I like the aggressive approach. I hope it pans out. I think Jarmo has data we can't know, or he believes in his approach to all of the team's pending free agents. Even though I have no information, I imagine he got some signs that Duchene and Dzingel will sign. Maybe he believes a deep run is the only way to sign Panarin.

I have also come to the realization that if the worst case materializes, it's really just temporary. All I have to do is look at the cluster**** that was the Oren Koules/Len Barrie led Lightning and the Leafs of 3 or 4 years ago.
*ahem* Cannnnnoli!!!!!

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Look at it like this, if you're worried about losing picks:

We just made the roster a hell of a lot better, immediately. If we can convince Duchene and Dzingel to re-sign (and nobody else), here's our roster of forwards next year:

Dzingel-Duchene-Atkinson
Foligno-Jenner-Anderson
Robinson-Wennberg/Dubois-Bjorkstrand
Hannikainen-Dubinsky-Nash

Look familiar? That's quite similar to what we had last week, minus Panarin but plus Dzingel and Duchene. If Duchene doesn't sign we get a 1st back, so it's pretty low risk all things considered.

If he does re-sign, Wennberg becomes an obvious choice to deal away to recoup some picks. Not to mention Milano.

We also have some really nice pieces that should be NHL ready next year, or close.

I think this whole thing is blown up more than it should be. Jarmo did a great job.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
You actually think there is going to be competition between Wennberg and Dubois for third line center next year????? Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. Stop it you are killing me. Two Goal Wennie and 30 goal Dubois. Yeah that will be a real competition.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
And we are now a lock for the playoffs. We are now the second best team in the East. Look at that lineup with Panarin still with the team. Only Tampa and maybe Toronto are close to us in the East. If we get decent goalie performance out of Vezina Bob, we can go all the way with this lineup that Jarmo has put together.

Reactions: JohnnyJacket13

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
You actually think there is going to be competition between Wennberg and Dubois for third line center next year????? Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. Stop it you are killing me. Two Goal Wennie and 30 goal Dubois. Yeah that will be a real competition.

Nope.

Way to read any too much into my post though. I'll elaborate:

Wennberg isn't worthy of a top-6 role, and doesn't play hard enough to merit a fourth line role. So he would be the fill in, I simply listed him there for ease of typing.

Thanks for your comment though, it really added value to the thread.

Reactions: Cowumbus

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Nope.

Way to read any too much into my post though. I'll elaborate:

Wennberg isn't worthy of a top-6 role, and doesn't play hard enough to merit a fourth line role. So he would be the fill in, I simply listed him there for ease of typing.

Thanks for your comment though, it really added value to the thread.
Not piling on, seriously not, but even I can't figure out what happened to Wennberg?

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
And we are now a lock for the playoffs. We are now the second best team in the East. Look at that lineup with Panarin still with the team. Only Tampa and maybe Toronto are close to us in the East. If we get decent goalie performance out of Vezina Bob, we can go all the way with this lineup that Jarmo has put together.

Still 21 games to play and remain healthy before I get to wrapped up in playoff excitement. I am excited to see this lineup get on the ice however. Pittsburgh will be hurting on D tomorrow without Dumoulin and Letang. They've already said that Gudbranson won't be available either due to visa delays. I'm guessing Pittsburgh doesn't have someone who works for them who can get the visa job done like CBJ does.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus

My thoughts exactly

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
daily faceoff (which is a great site) has our 3rd line (if you want to call them a 3rd line) rated as best in the league with the new addition of Dzingle.

dlrn0x.png

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnnyJacket13

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I, for one, am absolutely shocked that at least one of Milano/Wennberg weren't dealt at the deadline.

My guess is that they didn't receive the offers for either that they were looking for. Plus there is no real reason at this point to make a trade just to make a trade. There is plenty of opportunity after the season ends, closer to the draft and around the free agent signing period, to make additional trades. I know a lot of posters hate Wennberg and hes definitely taken a step back but he is still serviceable, has plenty of skill, is sound defensively, is an insurance policy this year against injuries and can still play a 2C role next year in the case Duchene decides he doesn't want to stay here long term.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
My guess is that they didn't receive the offers for either that they were looking for. Plus there is no real reason at this point to make a trade just to make a trade. There is plenty of opportunity after the season ends, closer to the draft and around the free agent signing period, to make additional trades. I know a lot of posters hate Wennberg and hes definitely taken a step back but he is still serviceable, has plenty of skill, is sound defensively, is an insurance policy this year against injuries and can still play a 2C role next year in the case Duchene decides he doesn't want to stay here long term.

Spot on.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Apologies if this had been stated already (didn't read through the whole thread), but with one of the youngest teams in the NHL, and a solid group of prospects, why eoulwoul they trade away some picks now, with a chance to go for it?
They're not rebuilding; they've been rebuilt by Jarmo and JD.

This is the culmination of their work to date.

I'm all on board with their moves.
Hang on fellow CBJ'ers, this is going to be one fun ride.
This is all very sudden. A week or so ago, we're getting our butts kicked by Kucherov and losing to Montreal. And then... BOOM! We're talking Stanley Cup and no one else is laughing at us.

Reactions: Viqsi and Robert

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Best TD for the CBJ that I can remember... Dzingle and Duchene is the coup... Kinkaid will help, watch him play a lot more than some may think... hopefully he returns to his last season numbers. McQuaid is depth... And we keep Panarin…

Jarmo went all in imo! The Jackets got a lot better in the last few days..

Jarmo did keep his core and is going for the playoffs...

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
This is all very sudden. A week or so ago, we're getting our butts kicked by Kucherov and losing to Montreal. And then... BOOM! We're talking Stanley Cup and no one else is laughing at us.
Because with our current roster on paper we should win second in the East....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad