Official Trade Deadline 2019 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
"core in place"

Jones, Werenski, Murray, Savard, Dubois, Atkinson, Foligno, Anderson, Jenner, Bjork, Nuti

I think that's who he means - even if I'm meh on a couple. Only a couple of those are on deals that end after this season, and they're still RFA.

That is 11 "core" skaters.

Out of the 11, in terms of "keepers" (not ranking them equally, just in terms of absolutely in the mix and should be):

Jones,
Murray
Dubois
Atkinson
Anderson
Jenner
Bjorkstrand

Those that are talented but need to improve on or simply shake off a developmental year:

Werenski
Nuti

Those that "are what they are" and are acceptable but will need to upgrade sooner than later:

Savard
Foligno.

My take is that if you get Dzingle and Duchene re-signed, you have 13 core, 9 (11 counting the "room for improvement group") of whom are keepers. If D & D don't re-sign, there is still cap space for other UFA's, etc....

Will still need 2 more wingers with scoring danger to surface, and will need one of the goalie prospects to rise up.

But the longer-range picture is not bleak; worrisome, maybe, but not bleak.
And Spring 2019 is looking crazy. No matter how this plays out, CBJ went for it.
Result will say either maestro move or dungeon, but the reality is that this move should be judged by the options of today. Would love to know what the best offers were for Panarin and Bob, but we will never know for sure.

"Safe is Death" infiltrated the FO and not just on the ice.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
"core in place"

Jones, Werenski, Murray, Savard, Dubois, Atkinson, Foligno, Anderson, Jenner, Bjork, Nuti

I think that's who he means - even if I'm meh on a couple. Only a couple of those are on deals that end after this season, and they're still RFA.
Not disagreeing with DSL just generally disagreeing that we will be ok if they all leave.
Now I'm excited about 2019 - I hope we make some noise. Try to challenge DC and NYI for top 2 spots, etc.

But if all 4 guys leave and losing all those picks, and despite having a ton of cap space I just struggle to think we can get better. Hope I'm wrong. But happy for the "now"

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I'm fairly certain Dzingel will be staying. He seems really stoked about being here. There's a pretty good chance Duchene will sign as well, my gut says our chances are high. If not, we gave up a couple of middling prospects and a first round pick for a shot at a Cup this year. We'll get one back.

Panarin and Bob are as good as gone. It is what it us, let's just enjoy them while we can and hope we make some noise in the playoffs.

Mcquaid and Kinkaid seem like pretty good adds - McQuaid in particular, sitting with a + rating on that abysmal Rangers team. I think he'll bring our defense up a notch. These guys walking in the offseason, leaves us out some mid/late round picks. Who cares?

The more I think about it, the more I am excited. We had to do it, with the threat of our two best players leaving being held over our heads. Why not us? Why not now?

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
Those two are vets. Totally contributing players that every team has and needs that are not chattel and won’t need to be upgraded so much as replaced due to age.
You said much better what I meant to say. I did not intend to sound negative about them or their role.
I am higher on Savard's play...

Not wanting to go overboard, but liking me some summertime hockey....

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

There's those draft picks pouring back in. :naughty:

So it's said by many we set the trade tone with the Duchene acquisition. Vegas gets Stone and extends him at 8@9M AAV. So what's the thinking on the $$$ for Duchene.

(As an aside, Vegas is now looking better in the West - this year and beyond).

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Apologies if this had been stated already (didn't read through the whole thread), but with one of the youngest teams in the NHL, and a solid group of prospects, why eoulwoul they trade away some picks now, with a chance to go for it?
They're not rebuilding; they've been rebuilt by Jarmo and JD.

This is the culmination of their work to date.

I'm all on board with their moves.
Hang on fellow CBJ'ers, this is going to be one fun ride.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I, for one, am absolutely shocked that at least one of Milano/Wennberg weren't dealt at the deadline.

overall, pleased for the most part. don't like having just two draft picks, obviously but still plenty of time before the draft to get the cabinet restocked (somewhat).

now, let's win this damn cup.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
If the CBJ win the cup, I say the entire Hockey Operations Staff shows up at the NHL draft drunk and hungover and just parties all weekend. They can give away the remaining draft picks in a raffle in the Team Party Suite.
I do think they can go deep now... Their offense alone will win many games... Being honest and nothing more, our defense and goaltending must win games too... The playoffs are usually dominated by great goaltending.. If this trade dead line improves our goaltending along with scoring we could go deep!!

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Projected post TD lines by NHl Network:

Panarin/Duchene/Atkinson
Dzingel/Dubois/Bjorky
Nick/Jenner/Anderson
Robinson/Nash/Dubi

Those top three lines are going to clean up defenses imo...

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
I think Duchene might find Columbus a pleasant change. He's been under the microscope for quite a few years straight.
It has to make a guy weary...

If he does go there'll be someone who can play ice hockey well willing to get paid.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
I think Duchene might find Columbus a pleasant change. He's been under the microscope for quite a few years straight.
It has to make a guy weary...

If he does go there'll be someone who can play ice hockey well willing to get paid.

I’m still trying to figure out what “insider info” prompted Brian Burke to say “no chance” he’ll re-sign here. Seemed an odd thing to say after 72 hours

Although I do find it odd this his wife is from Ohio but has never been to Columbus

Edit: she has family from Ohio, sorry

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
I’m still trying to figure out what “insider info” prompted Brian Burke to say “no chance” he’ll re-sign here. Seemed an odd thing to say after 72 hours

Although I do find it odd this his wife is from Ohio but has never been to Columbus

Bloviating to stay relevant perhaps? That family may be ready to be just normal citizens. Obviously I dont know Duchene but he doesn't seem overly full of himself or his station in life.

Reactions: 213 Sentinel

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Bloviating to stay relevant perhaps? That family may be ready to be just normal citizens. Obviously I dont know Duchene but he doesn't seem overly full of himself or his station in life.

Agreed. I think he and his family could be very comfortable here for 8 years with $70M+ in the ol bank account.

Reactions: Ice9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad